Thread: SKY phone and t/phone faults

Thanks

Exclamation SKY phone and t/phone faults

had no phone or broadband since thurs 4pm till now 6pm sun (APPROX) hundreds in my area were the same and sky call centre costs via mobiles were £3 to £5 to get thro only to find out" we are aware of an outage in your area and we do not know how long it will take to fix".strange fault no broadband,dial tone on phone but you could only dial 1 or 9.. 0,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 gave engaged tone,in going callers got" number out of service"getting a bit sick with the number of times this line has let me down...

V.I.P
    Thanks
    i've got issues with broadband with Bt mate,sick of there service and customer service is abysmal.
    sick of waiting in for engineers then they don't turn up or promised phone calls which they don't return,had some issues for months now and still not sorted.
    I wish some of these mobile company's would do an unlimited bb package with 3g hsdpa or 4g
    regards
    kmc

3. The Following User Says Thank You to kmc For This Useful Post:

JOE.MADDISON (24-08-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,955 Times in 1,266 Posts
    Seems they all have probs, BT probably being the worst in MY experience!
    I often find Sky occasionally carry out broadband maintenance after midnight - which doesn't help when you lose your phone too!! lol!!
    (However I find that Sky are pretty good MOST of the time!)

Thanks
    A bit trite I know but the service you get from whichever provider is a post code lottery. I've only ever been with BT and never had a problem with phone or broadband (Infinity II). Also, on the rare occasions that I have had to have an engineer visit (to install broadband) they were very prompt.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheBadger For This Useful Post:

Dark Cloud (26-08-2014), holmroad (26-08-2014)

Thanks
    agree,...depends where you live. Some Openreach Exchanges are short staffed.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dark Cloud For This Useful Post:

echelon (26-08-2014), holmroad (26-08-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,955 Times in 1,266 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
    True mate - and Openreach not the ONLY organisation short-staffed nowadays, but wont get on THAT bandwaggon here!!

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
    is an understatement !! lol (most are no longer manned and having travelling engineers visiting them)

they are currently recruiting a couple of thousands engineers at the moment and thats to add to those they recruited last year which was less than a thousand so totals maybe 2.5 to 3 thousand staff members just on openreach , never mind the BT broadband staff they recruited last year as well as apprentices etc

in fact its been understaffed ever since it was forced to split from the main company about 9 years ago which is why OFCOM recently forced it to recruit or face consequences , but rome wasnt built in a day and most of the "old school" engineers have left or retired (like the OP has retired from his bingo equipment engineering job)

this is also the reason it was on watchdog and other consumer programmes not that long ago

then add to the fact its a bank holiday weekend it wont help matters until today when life is "back to normal"

they do "contract out" work to sub contractors at times, but you wont get the same overall standards or effectiveness as you do from a dedicated workforce

whatever that problem is (or was), if they know about it, they will deal with it , but it all takes time

for instance , if some idiot has pulled cables out of the ground for metal theft, or fire b*mbed cabinets or manholes or other equipment or structures, it will take time to put it right

if its a rural setting, its always more difficult than in the cities , but even so 10 years ago there was an underground fire in manchester that disrupted a whole swathe of the city for days or weeks on end before the damage was repaired

maybe it will improve with the extra recruitment, but only time will tell

ps:- most of these "other companies" like sly etc rely on BT line plant , BT exchanges , BT power and all manner of BT whatever to keep their systems working , there are few if any alternatives that do not use any part of the BT network or buildings etc (that was the idea behind mercury and cable and wireless etc, but only for large cities, not rural areas)

Thanks
    THEY ARE going to give me a credit OF £2.22 for loss of service.!!!!!!! ? Wow

V.I.P
    Thanks
    with me it's not the engineers I have a gripe with,It's the actuall staff in the Indian call centre. grrr
    kmc

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kmc View Post
    with me it's not the engineers I have a gripe with,It's the actuall staff in the Indian call centre. grrr
    kmc
    Very little money to be made in Telecoms these days, with all the mundane tasks being sent overseas to reduce cost.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Though I ditched BT years ago, am still reliant on their line to
    the exchange, luckily it's close by, then it's transferred to my ISP.

We did have metal theft some years ago at the end of the road.
    That would have cost a lot more to fix than what they gained.

Apart from inconvenience, putting lives at risk if the phone was lost.
    Load of mindless morons.

BT have finally put in fibre optics, ours is a semi rural area that has
    grown. Just not worth the extra expense to change as have a good
    ISP. Also a free UK call centre, will not use any company that you call outside the UK.

Regards catoro.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to catoro For This Useful Post:

echelon (29-08-2014)