Thread: Reformatting DOM

Thanks

Reformatting DOM

Hi All, I have the premium plus and either my DOM which is the standard 256 is corrupt or I have somehow loaded E2 on both ext 2 and ext 3 because after downloading the latest open ATV E2 image I cannot install the media portal due to lack of space, is there a way I can reformat the DOM or maybe I could go back to official firmware and then reinstall E2.

Any advice please thanks
    James.

Thanks
    Just reinstall, donīt mess with the dom

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dig Deep For This Useful Post:

jamesjay (08-08-2014)

Thanks
    It appears the latest E2 ATV 4.0 is considerable larger by about a third than the earlier 4.0 image, so a standard DOM (256) used with the latest image won't have enough reserves of space to load media portal and some other larger plugins while the early version will...I even tried to load flash-expander and that wouldn't install. The problem is if you stick to the old 4.0 image you get a warning when updating the software that because you have an outdated image a software update will make the box unstable so it appears that you can't win unless you get a larger DOM.

I have gone to a version dated 02/03/14 and can now install media portal, but I am thinking of installing a big hammer on the AZbox that will solve the problem once and for all.