Thread: Same problem

Thanks

Same problem

Hi everyone, as i posted a week ago, about red light flashing. Downloaded new patch, working fine for few days, i go to move dish to another satellite then bingo,red light starts flashing again,last time was lnb connection, this time disconnected all cables plugged in red light still flashing, not like last time when green light came on.has any body had this problem. Now using my old 9000hd never had a days problem with that receiver. Is it possible to update my 9000hd to have similarities to the 6000hd. Be very gratefull for .thank you

Thanks
    try the repair file on your 6000 , then load the aug 2013 patch , followed by the latest july 2014 patch (with factory resets)

no you cannot make the old 9000 into the new 6000 , support for the 9000 dried up years ago (apart from v*siks)

Thanks
    thanks. will give it a try,

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by darkson View Post
    thanks. will give it a try,
    Did you have to start another thread when you already had a thread on the same topic here, and you were given almost the same info:

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...ing-on-and-off

Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by darkson View Post
    Hi everyone, as i posted a week ago, about red light flashing. Downloaded new patch, working fine for few days, i go to move dish to another satellite then bingo,red light starts flashing again,last time was lnb connection, this time disconnected all cables plugged in red light still flashing, not like last time when green light came on.has any body had this problem. Now using my old 9000hd never had a days problem with that receiver. Is it possible to update my 9000hd to have similarities to the 6000hd. Be very gratefull for .thank you
    As we all know the cable and connections a vital link to any receiver. Any short in the motor lnb or cable has different affects on different boxes, some blow, some switch off and some just keep going with picture problems. You need to make sure your cable, lnb and motor have no corrosion and are still A1 then try a different ch list , the one you are using my be corrupt? Thats after trying the recovery tool and updating to lates patch of course as stated.

Thanks
    hi this is a differant problem, could someone explain when light turns red and wont come on, i left box of over night and just connected the box on its own to the mains and the green light has come on.i have no problem with the old box i am using, i downloaded patch to new box worked ok for few days then the light turned red.how would this be a software problem or hardware problem if the green light comes on when just connected to mains, as i say there is nothing wrong when i connect my old box, thanks

Thanks
    Sounds like lnb short.

Thanks
    still sounds to me like a short circuit overloading it, coming from the F connector or sat coax cable through the F connector from the lnb, So anywhere between the F connector and the lnb , could be incorrect terminations (outer touching the inner) or corroded cable etc

try it on a completely different feed, like from a sly dish, even if its in a different house

as I understand it, when switched on you get a red light for maybe 5 seconds, then a green light if all is ok which stays on all the time, 4 orange dashes on the front display until its fully booted up when you then get a number corresponding to your channel that the receiver is on

so red light to start, green light + orange numbers when fully booted up

if it works on a different dish, its your coax feed, DESPITE the other box working on that feed

so I agree with the last post, its an lnb short (a short circuit on the lnb feed), in which case its not a spiderbox problem

Thanks
    hi thanks everyone for their help, just to say done everything that is mentioned, even connected to my s,y dish upstairs after doing what suggested above worked for a while then same thing happened, this time connected to the mains to see what light is on not even a light this time comes on,so make of this what you will. thanks again for help,

Thanks
    If the receiver is still under warranty, return it to supplier and ask them to sort it out, or issue you with a replacement.

Thanks
    Thanks aldo, i will do