Thread: lost signal on all sats

V.I.P
    Thanks

lost signal on all sats

watching tv with spiderbox 9000hd yesterday message suddenly appeared on screen no signal weather was ok at time this has happened before still able to drive dish to sats disconnect box from my motorised dish and connected it to sly dish signal ok when this happened before i would reconnect to motorised dish after a day or so and signal would then reappear but not this time

V.I.P
    Thanks
    just went into menu and found that id lost longitude and latitude why this happened i dont know as i havent altered anything anyway got to tune all sats in again
    Quote Originally Posted by welshpaddy View Post
    watching tv with spiderbox 9000hd yesterday message suddenly appeared on screen no signal weather was ok at time this has happened before still able to drive dish to sats disconnect box from my motorised dish and connected it to sly dish signal ok when this happened before i would reconnect to motorised dish after a day or so and signal would then reappear but not this time

Thanks
    Thanked 3,700 Times in 1,823 Posts
    If you are entering long/lat you are using usals and so all sats will just reappear.
    Only diseqc do you need to individually scan when all settings are lost/channel lists changed etc..

V.I.P
    Thanks
    using usals reput my long/lat back in but no satellites had go to each one do sat search and save my channels

Thanks
    I could be wrong but it sounds like something is shorting your box m8 and factory resetting it. Only thing I can think of hand is a small piece of outer core wire touching the inner core. When your box cools the wire loses contact you would be better to try another receiver on your motorized system see if it zeroes that.

Good luck

V.I.P
    Thanks
    signal just gone again while watching havent lost satellites or channels this time

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,353 Times in 1,398 Posts
    Could be a failing LNB, loose connection, cable, or hardware fault, on your receiver.
    Can you check your receiver, on another dish? Even just someone's Sky dish.

Just re-read your first post, does the cable go through the motor? Can you run the cable directly from the LNB to your receiver?

V.I.P
    Thanks
    if i connect to my sly dish its ok cable goes through motor and still drives dish ok

V.I.P
    Thanks
    disconnected sat connection from box left box switched off at back for a couple of hours reconnected now ok box was very warm so will leave box off when not in use cant understand how it worked on sly dish connection though

V.I.P
    Thanks
    problem solved box was getting too hot put a cooling pad with a fan with a fan that i was using for my laptop under the box now running a lot cooler