Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Intelsat 907 using Icecrypt S3500 receiver and old sky dish

Thanks
    @DDHBUSH
    I think the best to do is set up F.lmOn on your pc/smartphone/android tablet and you can see all UK channels where ever you are and if your tv/pc/laptop/tablet/smartphone has hdmi, then you can even watch on flat TVs

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    ddh bush i have set up icecrypt 3200 ok and am not far from you in gibraleon if you need help give us a shout

3. The Following User Says Thank You to villamarre For This Useful Post:

DDHBUSH (13-08-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,692 Times in 854 Posts
    @DDHBUSH,

It looks like you are aligned on the wrong sat! BBC World is not on 27.5 West, the closest sats with it on are 30w and 34.5w.
    Open the list that you have scanned and compare it with listings for those 2 sats if you find a match you will know which way to turn the dish, if they are not roughly the same then your alignment is way out.

nml
    Last edited by nml; 08-08-2014 at 06:46 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to nml For This Useful Post:

DDHBUSH (13-08-2014)

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    OK so it looks like the S3500 box does not get the BBC so I have been looking for a replacement box that will.

My TV in Spain does not have HDMI so I do not think I can use the TM F3/5, has anyone got a name of a box with AV or Scart out? cheap is good.

Dennis

Thanks
    Thanked 3,700 Times in 1,823 Posts
    Tm5402 m3

8. The Following User Says Thank You to manic01 For This Useful Post:

echelon (10-08-2014)

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    @DDHBUSH
    icecrypt 3200ccihd had both scart and hdmi and works well in spain,have 3 working in house and icecrypt 3250

10. The Following User Says Thank You to villamarre For This Useful Post:

DDHBUSH (13-08-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DDHBUSH View Post
    OK so it looks like the S3500 box does not get the BBC so I have been looking for a replacement box that will.

My TV in Spain does not have HDMI so I do not think I can use the TM F3/5, has anyone got a name of a box with AV or Scart out? cheap is good.

Dennis
    I have never known a digital sat box that doesnt have a scart output on it, but try the tm5402 or the blade or similar boxes, or try the icecrypt boxes mentioned in this thread that categorically state they do work on 27.5w with the biss keys

Thanks
    I have several S1600CHD boxes working on 27.5 with (in my part of Spain) mínimum 1M dish - tried an 80 but too small. The S1600 does not have SCART but does have HDMI and AV (3 x RCA connectors that you can plug into a SCART adaptor if necessary). As stated above 27.5 is difficult to find but the box has a built in beeper that can help. Just find Hispasat 30 then move left and up a bit. If you use a S1600 make sure you upgrade the channel list as the one it comes with is out of date (or so far all the ones I've bought have been).

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Acuario For This Useful Post:

DDHBUSH (13-08-2014), echelon (10-08-2014)

Thanks
    Couple of other suggestions are the Amiko Micro HD and SHD-8140, essentially work the same as the S1600 but with 2 year warranty and perhaps more importantly the latest EMU firmware has a dedicated BBC button for use with 27.5W.

The Micro is around a third smaller than the S1600 and comes ready to conceal behind a TV and with IR eye. This one is HDMI and A/V (phono) out and includes cables.

The 8140 is the same thing software wise (with dedicated BBC option on EMU software) but this time is a little larger in size with built in power supply and front LED display and comes with HDMI and SCART out.

Both tried and tested on 27.5W and with good support by way of the dedicated EMU firmware.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Lavaman For This Useful Post:

DDHBUSH (13-08-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,700 Times in 1,823 Posts
    Get a TM 5402, it will give a few extras as well.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to manic01 For This Useful Post:

DDHBUSH (13-08-2014)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    DDHBUSH,
    Dont buy anything else m8 despite the advice here the Icecrypt S3500 does the Intelsat907 channels perfectly.

All you need is to add the channels manually via the add channels and then enter the PID info or you can use the pre-made channel list I have attached that as a .fdu file with the channels all done for you.

The other thing you will need is the latest coconut plugin with the correct keys also included in the package.

Simply unzip and place these two files onto a USB stick then insert the stick into the S3500.
    The plugin will be detected and you will see a popup screen asking you if you want to install it.
    Press the red button to install, the fdu(channel list) is installed in the same manner, toggle left or right on the remote to select it, then the red button to load it.

Once loaded go into the plugin menu to start it and make it auto start.

Once Coconut has started you can view and edit the keys by press OK on the coconut which will show the brown edit menu.

Hope my help is not too late.

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ColdAsICE For This Useful Post:

buck401 (13-08-2014), David.c (29-08-2014), DDHBUSH (13-08-2014), echelon (13-08-2014), manic01 (13-08-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    well , there you have it in a nutshell (a coconut one , lol)

if coldasice says it works, then it works - no question, but I think you need to follow his advice above exactly in order to make it work

21. The Following User Says Thank You to echelon For This Useful Post:

manic01 (13-08-2014)

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Thanks to ColdAsIce (Could do with some ICE here in Spain). I will try exactly what you say and I think I may have to buy you a drink when it works as the reason for logging on was to check prices and order box.

I have tried entering all the data by hand and reloading coconut and entering the code in the first line. the file I downloaded from another thread on this site was fully populated and I even tried loading the code in the first 6 lines in case I needed to do it for each station.

By the way I must also thank nml as he again was spot on regarding the satellite I was pointing to and I even managed to get up to 6 bbc chevrons when realigned

Will update after I have gone through the step by step instructions above.

LOL Dennis

23. The Following User Says Thank You to DDHBUSH For This Useful Post:

echelon (13-08-2014)

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    All you are now hearing from a very happy old man I have to let you all know how much I thank you all for either trying to help or those that did help many were right but I think the main problem was that the copy of Coconut. A special thanks is due to ColdAsIce for confirming that the S3500 does work on the intelsat satellite. off course pointing to the wrong satellite did not help.

One last panic as the BISS code needed to be updated to the one that was dated June 14.

To close and confirm what works for other who might need the information:

OLD SKY dish did not work
    Minimum dish size needs to be in Ayamonte,Spain/Portugal area is 80cm Dia

Files above from ColdAsIce do work but Coconut key needs to be updated (Not quoted as it could be out of date by tomorrow so check on internet and make sure it is the latest (No date probably not the latest))

Looks like the thread has a good list of working FTA Receivers and the Icecrypt S3500 works well.

Respect to you all

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DDHBUSH For This Useful Post:

buck401 (14-08-2014), David.c (29-08-2014), echelon (13-08-2014)

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Glad you are working OK and remember that the codes seem to be changing every 13 weeks or so ,so you may need to update soon,they have changed on Thursday morning at 11am Spanish time the last 3 times ,so be aware that if you get scrambled on all channels this means the codes have changed and need to be updated.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to villamarre For This Useful Post:

David.c (29-08-2014), DDHBUSH (16-08-2014), echelon (16-08-2014)

Thanks

Intelsat 907 ising Icecrypt

Quote Originally Posted by robbie74 View Post
    where abouts in spain are you , i have a 1m dish with a 3600 & bbc biss is fine.
    if your close i can install for you..
    Having been quoted over 300euros for an Icecrypt box and seeing the boxes cost circa Ł60 I was interested to read this thread though a lot of the information is not understood.
    Is it possible to buy the Icecrypt box fully set up to receive intelsat 907 UK tv BBC and Itv channels. I know the code changes regularly but presumably this can be found on the internet and updated by a novice
    Do you live near enough to the Albox area [Almeria] to help [at a price]
    I already have Two dishes mounted on my property but only receive limited freeview channels. one of the 1.3m dishes is pointing towards the intelsat907 but not yet connected.
    As it is common practice to use multiple dishes together to receive signals from distant satellites why can't this technique be used to get BBC from the Astra satellite focused on the UK and which has low signal strength in our area [a 2.4m dish will cost aprox 1000euros]

Help and advice will be very much appreciated to avoid buying unsuitable equipment and getting my fingers burnt.

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    David.C

I am in Ayamonte ner Portugal so not near you.

As you and others might have guest I am newish to this type of box but do know a lot more now than I did.

I know someone with a dish over 3m in this area and he cannot get any more than me on 28.2.

Download the files from ColdasIce in an earlier post load them onto a USB stick and follow his instructions then change the BISS code in coconut job done. I do not know if they will work on the s1600 or s3200 but they work on the S3500. What I do like is being able to play about and undo changes via restore.

I have linked my two satellites using a DisEqC switch then set the DisEqC setting in dish settup to 1.0 and off and all work well you can do that up by the dish or by the box. No EPG is available for 27.5w but working on that see my other thread as I did not wish to confuse this thread.

I do not know if you can use a sky card in the icecrypt but as I don't have one that is not an issue.

I hope this helps you as much as the other respondance helped me.

Dennis

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by David.c View Post
    Having been quoted over 300euros for an Icecrypt box and seeing the boxes cost circa Ł60 I was interested to read this thread though a lot of the information is not understood.
    Is it possible to buy the Icecrypt box fully set up to receive intelsat 907 UK tv BBC and Itv channels. I know the code changes regularly but presumably this can be found on the internet and updated by a novice
    Do you live near enough to the Albox area [Almeria] to help [at a price]
    I already have Two dishes mounted on my property but only receive limited freeview channels. one of the 1.3m dishes is pointing towards the intelsat907 but not yet connected.
    As it is common practice to use multiple dishes together to receive signals from distant satellites why can't this technique be used to get BBC from the Astra satellite focused on the UK and which has low signal strength in our area [a 2.4m dish will cost aprox 1000euros]

Help and advice will be very much appreciated to avoid buying unsuitable equipment and getting my fingers burnt.

Hi dave

im about 20mins from you , if your interested in bbc i can supply a box for ya..

give me your number & i can discuss all options with you.

Cheers rob

31. The Following User Says Thank You to robbie74 For This Useful Post:

David.c (31-08-2014)

Thanks
    hi rob,
    my number is UK 01509 412944
    I am definitely interested in making contact but as I am new to this forum I don't know if you are able send a pm or use email addresses
    regards and thanks
    David

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,422 Times in 657 Posts
    not very wise giving your phone number on a open forum

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast