Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Intelsat 907 using Icecrypt S3500 receiver and old sky dish

Thanks
    How else can you make private contact when you can only make a pm after a number of posts?

Thanks
    you need to have 15 posts before you can send a pm

Thanks
    HI dave, just seen your message ill give u a buzz tomoz..

r u not in spain at the moment , do u have a spanish number i can call you on ?

cheers

rob

Thanks
    Yes I have a mobile number but as I can't send a pm I will give it to you when you call.
    I discovered a local company in Leicester - *********** - who sounded very interesting. I visited them yesterday and they went out of their way to help me. They had a box called an Amico Micro which I understand is a bit more up to date than the Icecrypt. While I was there they aligned their dish to Intelsat 907, entered the code and it worked. They can supply these ready set up for about £70. BUT having spent a lot of time researching it appears that aligning the dish may be the difficult part. I am tempted to buy the box on Friday and bring it with me. What do you think?
    I phoned Icecrypt and they confirmed that an icecrypt s1600chd would be more suitable and they were working on an improvement to the software to be available in about two months.

Thanks
    Hi Ross 37. Its a bit difficult not being able to send a PM because I have not yet achieved 15 posts but thanks so much for your interest.
    I have bought the Amico Micro in Leicester after it had been progrmmed for me and I have used it here to get BBC/ITV/SKY from Intelsat/Astra without any trouble. I am taking it to Spain on Monday and will report how it performes. I anticipate the only difficulty will be aligning the dish but a local installer has kindly offered to help.
    Regards
    David

Thanks
    Hi Guys Very interesting thread and just what I have been looking for. The Icecrypt 1600 seems to fit the bill - I need some guidance on installing the BISS key. I am very PC savvy but have not done this before. Can anyone give me a quick idiots guide. I am in Spain v close to Gibraltar currently have SKY HD connected to my broadband and IPTV boxes all working quite happily. However the recent changes made by filmon I would prefer to use IntelSAT 907 to get my BBC's etc. I have a very friendly installer who will put me up an 80cm dish and align it but need to get the receiver working with the codes. Here I stumble. Any help greatly appreciated. Presumably there is an engineer/installer menu then need to input the codes from USB? The process would be well received. Many Thanks

V.I.P
    Thanks
    bigbadger,
    Once you have a S1600 all you need to do is make sure it has the latest patched firmware.
    You can down load it from the firmware section here and then use a USB memory stick to upgrade the receiver or connect the S1600 to the internet via its network port and use the ftp download to download the firmware directly into the receiver.
    The keys do change every 13 weeks or so.
    This means you will need to enter the new ones via the remote control or upgrade firmware again with the latest patched firmware which would have the keys embedded.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ColdAsICE For This Useful Post:

buck401 (18-09-2014), echelon (18-09-2014), pedrosol (27-10-2014), Ross_37 (20-09-2014)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdAsICE View Post
    bigbadger,
    Once you have a S1600 all you need to do is make sure it has the latest patched firmware.
    You can down load it from the firmware section here and then use a USB memory stick to upgrade the receiver or connect the S1600 to the internet via its network port and use the ftp download to download the firmware directly into the receiver.
    The keys do change every 13 weeks or so.
    This means you will need to enter the new ones via the remote control or upgrade firmware again with the latest patched firmware which would have the keys embedded.
    Much appreciated. Does this firmware have a built-in EPG so that I can setup a menu system to list the channels? If I wanted to record form the Icecrypt 1600 is it a straightforward solution by adding some external storage?

Cheers

Thanks
    Hi ColdAsICE

I understand the keys changed at the end of Septemberish but the patched firmware for the S1600CHD in the Firmware section for Icecrypt s1600 is dated 5/8 - I assume this will not work? Where can I find a later version or do I not need one to watch BBC?

Many thanks

Thanks
    i have the ice s1600 box near malaga and have a 80cm dish works fine.This is the minimum size dish needed.

Thanks
    Cheers - how well does the 80cm work in bad weather/rain?

Thanks
    same as all the rest in bad weather/rain even with larger dish it will go off at some point

Thanks
    hello everyone;
    I'm in southern Portugal with a 1.8 meter dish and a VU+Duo box, VIX image
    I have now got my dish pointed at 27.5W with a good strong signal. Channel search has brought up a list of BBC stations.
    I have CCcam installed, but no key files to play with.
    I'm not very good at this...
    Should I install the 'coconut' plugin as described earlier in the thread by Cold As Ice? if so, where can I download it?
    I have the key, I think.
    thanks, gracias, merci, obrigado, bedankt, arigato, etc.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,361 Times in 1,403 Posts

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Mickha For This Useful Post:

Liveaboard (12-05-2015)

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    big badger-there is no epg on 907 so you have to use a tv guide online,that said you can record 1 channel while watching another as all the same transponder,with an 80cm dish you will have a limited amount of weather tolerance,i have 1.4m and have never lost signal even when we haf 90km/hr winds.You only need memory stick to record,i have found 32GB preferable as 64 and above seem to encounter problems and hard drives tend to lock up,so would recommend 32GB stick.

Thanks
    Hi Davidc, I'm looking at getting a box for motorhome touring Spain.Wondered how the micro worked in Spain and was the shop Es...........
    Thanks
    DougieA

Thanks

BBC reception in Spain

Quote Originally Posted by DougieA View Post
    Hi Davidc, I'm looking at getting a box for motorhome touring Spain.Wondered how the micro worked in Spain and was the shop Es...........
    Thanks
    DougieA
    I actually use Icecrypt s1600 - the setup can be downloaded directly from the Icecrypt site from within the receiver (using an ethernet cable). You will need some sort of meter to align the dish - I spent ages with no luck using my iphone!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to bigbadger For This Useful Post:

DougieA (25-01-2017)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123