Thread: Spiderbox 6000HD

Thanks

Spiderbox 6000HD

Hi
    I am completely new to the spider-box 6000hd and as my 24 yr old sky box in my caravan is commng to the end of its life i bought the sb6000 to replace it
    Been messing and get hundreds of channels but not many of what i want.
    I was using freesat from sky so is there an easy way to get most or more of these channels on the spiderbox
    I have seen posts but not sure yet as what to do
    Thanks to anyone who can help
    Tony

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    if you have used a pre-made channel list (or scanned 28.2e) then you will get the channels that emanate from 28.2e and 28.4e on your box

this means you should RECEIVE all the channels from that sat position

BUT you will not DECODE the scrambled channels (the ones with dollar signs)

so you will get good signal and quality on the channels but you will only be able to view and hear the free to air (FTA) channels, the same as on your very old sky box (with no card in it)

the cccam or newcamd options in the network menu can allow decoding of some or most (but not all) of the scrambled channels but this requires access to the internet from the box and also requires you to obtain a "gift" (which isnt a gift) to do so. (the phonetic internet slang for this is "sea lion")

the "gift" that comes from patching the spiderbox is for some other channels on different satellites, not from 28e so is of no use to you if you only use 28e

so when you buy a spiderbox its an fta box, needs patching and internet access for it to do what is talked about on these forums and needs a sea lion in order to view come of the scrambled channels at 28e or elsewhere

that is the "score" in very basic terms and applies to all 3rd party boxes as far as sea lions are concerned, not just this box

I have concentrated my answer on 28e because I believe your question is more about watching sly channels (and/or BT SPORT channels) from 28e

the sticky threads explain a lot of these technicalities for your box, as do the guides in the spiderbox help section , where you will also find patches and channel lists etc

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to echelon For This Useful Post:

Aldo (02-07-2014), cutain (02-07-2014), flight14 (02-07-2014), Knacker (02-07-2014)

Thanks

600hd thanks for your info it was very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by echelon View Post
    if you have used a pre-made channel list (or scanned 28.2e) then you will get the channels that emanate from 28.2e and 28.4e on your box

this means you should RECEIVE all the channels from that sat position

BUT you will not DECODE the scrambled channels (the ones with dollar signs)

so you will get good signal and quality on the channels but you will only be able to view and hear the free to air (FTA) channels, the same as on your very old sky box (with no card in it)

the cccam or newcamd options in the network menu can allow decoding of some or most (but not all) of the scrambled channels but this requires access to the internet from the box and also requires you to obtain a "gift" (which isnt a gift) to do so. (the phonetic internet slang for this is "sea lion")

the "gift" that comes from patching the spiderbox is for some other channels on different satellites, not from 28e so is of no use to you if you only use 28e

so when you buy a spiderbox its an fta box, needs patching and internet access for it to do what is talked about on these forums and needs a sea lion in order to view come of the scrambled channels at 28e or elsewhere

that is the "score" in very basic terms and applies to all 3rd party boxes as far as sea lions are concerned, not just this box

I have concentrated my answer on 28e because I believe your question is more about watching sly channels (and/or BT SPORT channels) from 28e

the sticky threads explain a lot of these technicalities for your box, as do the guides in the spiderbox help section , where you will also find patches and channel lists etc
    Thanks mate so very helpful
    Where can I get a channel list fir this or do i have to make my own

File Guy
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by freespirit35 View Post
    Thanks mate so very helpful
    Where can I get a channel list fir this or do i have to make my own
    The 'Channel List section' in the Files section, but lists made by others may not suit your requirements so may need editing. The better option IMO is to do your own scan of the Sats you want to view (unless you are on a fixed dish) then adjust to your requirements, you will also learn more this way.
    https://www.satpimps.co.uk/forumdisp...-Channel-Lists
    jb

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jbvid For This Useful Post:

echelon (03-07-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    using the channel editor is another way people make their own lists , or scan and do it yourself

I made a few useful comments in this thread here in post #13 too

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...00-BeIn-Sports

please read it (as good research will also help you understand this topic)

the only actual channel list that is any good to you is one that can view the same satellites that you view from your own tv region

so if you are in the north west uk then a granada or north west regional channel list , otherwise you will still have to personalise it so that your regional channels are what you see when selecting bbc1 or bbc2 or itv etc

if you wish to use a premade list, then look in the files section like I said earlier, as mentioned above

The 'Channel List section' in the Files section
    if you dont look for these files, how do you expect to maintain your box ?

Thanks
    Hi, I need November patch file, Can anyone send me the latest patch file, I have already download august file, but box wifi dosn't working.
    Thanks to anyone who can help.
    Regards
    Muhammad

Thanks
    Thanked 5,016 Times in 2,265 Posts
    The latest firmware was posted here:

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...tch-24-07-2014

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Aldo For This Useful Post:

echelon (03-12-2014)