Thread: sorry???

Banned
    Thanks

sorry???

After getting a usb flash that works, I must say I am not imprest with a big box?
    This is not a satellite receiver but a media player! All the attention has gone into the " what can we provide be internet" and the sat receiver last.
    Yes you can get a translate to tell you the EPG but just for that channel? (no full translation on a full EPG?) Yes you can scan but everything is based on a bouquet for each sat.
    WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO THE SCAN AND MAKE YOUR OWN CHANNELS ? TV... MOVIES....SPORT and so on ? Without importing a channel list , getting errors and then passing over to the box to find some with pid not found?
    If I was paying good money on these boxes I would want some form of sat box and not a play from internet (which any computer can get and if you get internet ,you get that too on com.)
    So? Think al sell this and move back down the list .
    yours confused and upset........... me myself and I ...........

2. The Following User Says Thank You to hianta For This Useful Post:

Sito1954 (21-04-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    I use autobouquets and then have my own movies - sport , kids etc bouquets , adding the channels I want from the autobouquets into my own , E1 and E2 boxes have always been based on the bouquet system, so for a good 8 years or more

cant see a problem myself

I use crossepg and cooltv for the guides too , which you can use for multiple channel timelines or for a single channel for an all day guide

I ftp mp4 and mkv and divx to the internal hdd and watch them from the media button , or play mp3

it will also stream off my NAS too

I stream off the net using streamers or ondemand , including choosing download instead of stream at times

not sure what your rant is about but feel if you understood the box better you would be happy with it

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to echelon For This Useful Post:

Aldo (21-06-2014), hianta (21-06-2014), Roadrunner (21-06-2014)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,353 Times in 1,398 Posts
    I'm a newbie, to Linux based receivers, but quite recently bought the VU+ Duo2, from Lee, at Goldwafers, and found it easy to scan in my own channels, and set up my own Bouquets, including one for each provider, on each satellite, sports channels, again by satellite, plus a favourites, again for each satellite, as I rarely watch films, and never view British television, I prefered to make my own Bouquets, to suit my individual requirements.

You haven't mentioned which image you've loaded, or posted what errors you're receiving.
    I think once you calm down, as it can get frustrating, when setting up new equipment, you might try again and find easy ways to set it up as you want.

So far I've only used the Black Hole image, and there are that many options, and plugins, that it could take a few years to try them all. For now I've got it set up to suit my basic needs, but no doubt I will start experimenting, probably after the Summer is over, to try and see what the receiver is capable of.

Thank goodness the back up process is easy, so that if anything goes wrong I can quickly restore all my bouquets, because setting them up, just how I want them, does take time, and effort, but that's the same with any receiver, as you're never sure how good a channel is, until you view it for a while.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mickha For This Useful Post:

echelon (21-06-2014), hianta (21-06-2014), Roadrunner (21-06-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,700 Times in 1,823 Posts
    Thats what happens when you start off with plug n play and everything done for you lol

8. The Following User Says Thank You to manic01 For This Useful Post:

hianta (21-06-2014)

Verified Registered User Jimdefruit's Avatar
    Thanks
    Sorry to hear you are having trouble with the operation of your Duo hianta.

It would appear that you have not yet learned how to set up the channel lists/bouquets. With basic sat boxes like the Sly boxes etc, you are stuck with lists as provided by the sat company. Ok you can list favourites but they appear not exactly as you want them and selecting them is not easy.

With the Duo and similar boxes you can do exactly what you want and you can select different satellites automatically from bouquets.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jimdefruit For This Useful Post:

echelon (21-06-2014), hianta (21-06-2014)

Banned
    Thanks
    thanks for all the help after my rant last ngt I Did have the Vix image installed and then managed to flash to black hole but then went back to Vix .
    Yes in such a short time I'm not giving myself long anuf to get used to all the set up.
    I must admit that lately I have not had much time to play/ work on the box and I am so used to going into a Films group and just running through all the films one after another. All the sats 28e to 1w films would be in this group so I would not have to jump about to another lists. ( I know this is possible on this box but still have not got round to doing a full edit of all the channels.)
    I started to do an edit with dreambox editor and after that I noticed that changing to some channels the vix icon would appear on the top left of the screen and would take about one or two seconds to change channel. (channels were on same sat) I must have deleted something in the channel list or did something?
    I was working with cat's list and trying to move all films into one and edit tv and so on.
    Maybe al get time to get back to it and see the errors of my way and manic01 very true lol

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hianta For This Useful Post:

manic01 (21-06-2014), Mickha (21-06-2014)

Banned
    Thanks
    OK just to put this thread to rest -

I can say after trying BH and Openvix Apollo images.
    That this box is very good!
    Using vix with picons added and the channel list split into tv, film, sport and so on. It's very easy to navigate through it all and it save's your channel list which updates its self on doing a scan for tp changes.
    EPG also is good. 7 day all channel listing. now and next all channel listing and a 7 day listing for a channel. Very easy to find the a program you wish to record.

So yes I don't like all the auto bouquets But a manual scan (with multi sats) sorts that out!

So all in all a -good buy -

(When I got the box I think I was looking for more But now I've set it up for me,,, Its great. Thought I had better clear that up.. thanks-)

And I lived happier ever after---- The End.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hianta For This Useful Post:

Aldo (21-04-2015), echelon (21-04-2015), Mickha (21-04-2015)

Thanks
    I agree

Thanks
    Thanked 4,314 Times in 2,047 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hianta View Post
    OK just to put this thread to rest -

I can say after trying BH and Openvix Apollo images.
    That this box is very good!
    Using vix with picons added and the channel list split into tv, film, sport and so on. It's very easy to navigate through it all and it save's your channel list which updates its self on doing a scan for tp changes.
    EPG also is good. 7 day all channel listing. now and next all channel listing and a 7 day listing for a channel. Very easy to find the a program you wish to record.

So yes I don't like all the auto bouquets But a manual scan (with multi sats) sorts that out!

So all in all a -good buy -

(When I got the box I think I was looking for more But now I've set it up for me,,, Its great. Thought I had better clear that up.. thanks-)

And I lived happier ever after---- The End.

its good to see you took youre time and thought a lot about that reply , about 10 months
    Last edited by cosworth4x4; 22-04-2015 at 12:32 AM.

Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cosworth4x4 View Post
    its good to see you took youre time and thought a lot about that reply , about 10 months

I only started using the VU about a fortnight ago. Just been gathering dust since I got it.
    So, In a way? I am using a brand new box.