Thread: rf modulator

Thanks

rf modulator

Hi can anyone tell me wich is the rf modulator on the tm 7102 t2 super. Is it the rf out ? And if so how do i set it up.thanks.

Thanks
    Yes it is rf out and it should be active ! it outputs PAL so you need to tune any tv connected to see a picture !

Thanks
    Thanks rilkaard real I have connected a tv lead from rf out on technomate to a tv and retuned tv but have had no luck getting a picture. I am trying to run technomate to 2nd tv in bedroom with a magic eye to cntrol the box. I use a sender at the moment but it is to unstable. I would appreciate any help you may offer thanks.

Thanks
    The Option for setting the RF OUT should be in the A/V settings menu, the 7102 also incorporates a DVB-T2 tuner so if you feed your outside Aerial into the 'IN' feed you should also receive Freeview HD as well as your satellite channel signal

5. The Following User Says Thank You to digicon For This Useful Post:

echelon (16-07-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    also worth bearing in mind that the tv has to have an internal an@logue tuner built in (not just a freeview one)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by digicon View Post
    The Option for setting the RF OUT should be in the A/V settings menu, the 7102 also incorporates a DVB-T2 tuner so if you feed your outside Aerial into the 'IN' feed you should also receive Freeview HD as well as your satellite channel signal
    Hi what i am trying to do is get satelite pictures on 2nd tv not tv from the areal, so i dont know what to use dvb-T2 or rf out. If i have to use rf out does that mean i have to use the rf in as i dont have a working tv areal anyway i get terrestrial tv via astra on 28.2. Thanks for any help.

Thanks
    connect a tv with an@logue internal tuner (rf in) direct to the rf output on the technomate

tune the an@logue channel in using rf channel 21 to 69 , one of those will work, depending on the rf output setting on the technomate

if the second tv has no an@logue tuner it wont work, so make sure the tv is an older model as many newer tv,s dont have this analogue tuner built in

the magic eye wont work unless the technomate is using a "black box" which has the magic eye components built in , also the rf output must go direct to the second tv, not through any aerial connectors that have a capacitor in them

so the first job is to connect rf out on the tm to the rf in on the tv, then tune in using the an@logue tuner on the tv

once this is working, the rf cable needs a suitable "black box" to power the eye and receive infra rad from the eye and convert it to infra red pulses aimed at the front of the technomate box

9. The Following User Says Thank You to echelon For This Useful Post:

digicon (17-07-2014)

Thanks
    Hi thanks for info got it working now, it was the channel number in settings i selected 21 and bingo.But the picture is not as good as the main tv, i used a new areal lead but still the same,also i dont know what the black box magic eye is, at the moment i use the magic eye on my vidio sender

Thanks
    try all the different numbers between 21 and 69 until you find one not being used by freeview and with the least interference on it , the pictures will never be as good as on the main tv if this main tv uses hdmi or scart

as for the magic eye , have a look on flea bay for "black boxes" that power up the eye and accept signals from the eye , usually made by triax and global , these will be inserted at the techno end and feed power down the coax lead and receive signals from the eye. they are necessary because no satellite box apart from an official sly box can accept the magic eye signals so you need a third party like your videosenders to do the job

ps:- I suppose you could ask goldwafers if this will do the job https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...138#post899138 or if they have something similar for third party satellite boxes ?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,700 Times in 1,823 Posts
    Remember its not hd coming from rf out.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to manic01 For This Useful Post:

echelon (18-07-2014)