Thread: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (5110) help needed

Thanks
    Thanked 2,346 Times in 704 Posts

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (5110) help needed

Looks like my tab2 has packed up :(
    In the last few days I have encountered intermittent freezing (touch screen was unresponsive) changing orientation seemed to have partly cure the problem: If it froze I would turn it by 90deg. and it would start to work again ( in portrait mode). The problems only started when I have downloaded the last official firmware for this tab (4.2.2 Jelly Bean). Thought that Factory reset might cure the problem so I did it. Now Im stuck on the first setup screen (the one where you choose your country) with the touch screen not responding to taps(only thing that does work is auto-rotation. Tried restarting but it takes me back to the same screen , but the touch screen doesn't work , I can get into fix modes on startup no problem but there are no backed up files to recover from (I DID BACk UP but there is nothing in there now) Cant connect with KIES as I am stuck with factory fresh system unable to set it up. Cant even use ODIN to force feed it a new ROM as the PC doesn't recognise the device (tried several PC's now to no avail, all have trouble recognising the tablet , even tho all the recent drivers are installed on them) Can the firmware be loaded by SD card somehow? looks like this may be my last option (if possible) or its going to the bin. has anyone here performed such an operation? If so how do I do it? I already have the stock rom downloaded to my pc waiting to be transferred to the tab, but since I can't perform the usual ODIN upgrade I was hoping someone here would know if the sd way is possible and if so, how? Thanks for any advice

Edit: Just ordered a new touch screen, will replace it as soon as it arrives, with a bit of luck it only broken screen and they are cheap enough to buy. I hope that when replaced it would allow me to complete the setup (if the screen was the problem, and since it was on its last legs it can be) Maybe it was just a coincidence that it finally packed up during the reset. In the meantime tho I would like to try to reload the firmware so am hoping for your replies to the original request
    Last edited by Roadrunner; 14-06-2014 at 05:12 AM.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Did you drop it or bang it? I dropped my old Nexus. The case separated which was the real problem. The screen had a crack but the movement in the case meant it was too tight in spots and not tight enough in others. I ended up with similar issues. I could get the thing sort of working if I rotated the screen because it moved the selected buttons away from the problem area.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeke For This Useful Post:

Roadrunner (14-06-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    bear in mind you can buy a refurbished 8 gig tab 3 in white for £72 from wellingborough (near northampton) with free delivery

fl*b*y item code 351047139541

Samsung SM-T210 Galaxy Tab 3 8GB 7" 1.20GHz 1GB Android 4.1 Wi-Fi Tablet *White*

5. The Following User Says Thank You to echelon For This Useful Post:

Roadrunner (14-06-2014)

Thanks
    Thanks guys. I think its what ZEKE suggests. I don't know who's done it , but the tablet is sort of twisted and the glass is touching the lcd screen underneath. probably someone sat on it (none of my lot owns up to it now :() The glass is intact, but the whole tab is not perfectly flat..Since last night I have managed to get through the setup process by 'un-twisting' the screen and holding it in the good position while the missus was pushing all the buttons. SO now the tab boots as it should, but I still am unable to use it on my own.. Was thinking of prising off the front glass and re-glueing losely but I am not sure if it would help.. I have a new screen coming in a few days anyway so perhaps I should give it a go?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Roadrunner For This Useful Post:

echelon (14-06-2014)

Thanks
    Success Removed the front glass (digitiser) and put it back loosely and it works Pleased to report that the tablet is working again

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Roadrunner For This Useful Post:

Aldo (15-06-2014), echelon (15-06-2014)

Thanks
    Done the Samsung tab (replaced the digitiser with a new one and replaced the tatty case with a new one too so it looks and works like new now, went from white tab to black and silver, all it cost me was 25 quid and a few minute of watching a youtube video for a 'how to' Couple of weeks later my wifes Kindle Fire HD7 packed up Managed to get it working again but the battery is out of sync with a tablet now ie: It shows 0% charge even if its charged to the full and she's able to use it unplugged for several hours despite its saying 0%
    Is there any way of wiping out the battery stats on this freaking vending machine? Thought I will do a factory reset but since it says 0% in the system it wouldn't allow me to proceed claiming I do not have enough charge to perform the reset. Can't callibrate the battery with a battery maintenance app either, since at least 60% of charge is needed (I have a full charge but the system wont recognise it so it wouldn't let me proceed either) Any tips welcome guys
    Thinking of installing a clean android on it too (if all else fails) any sugestions as to which one would work best? The amazon version installed now is 7.4.9
    hoping that if I root the tablet it will reset all to a clean state and the battery will show its correct charge again?
    Last edited by Roadrunner; 09-07-2014 at 06:17 PM.