Thread: Encore TV

Thanks

Encore TV

Has anyone managed to get Encore TV working on 28.2e ? I can see the EPG information but can't get a picture.

Thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,016 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rob588cliff View Post
    Has anyone managed to get Encore TV working on 28.2e ? I can see the EPG information but can't get a picture.

Thanks.
    Please read the info in this thread:

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...g-the-HD-in-CS

Post#203

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Aldo For This Useful Post:

echelon (12-06-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,700 Times in 1,823 Posts
    HD is paired
    sd and sd+1 ok

5. The Following User Says Thank You to manic01 For This Useful Post:

echelon (12-06-2014)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by manic01 View Post
    HD is paired
    sd and sd+1 ok
    I can't get any of them, I do a scan and they all appear however, when I select the channel I just get a black screen although the EPG shows all the info.

Any thoughts ??

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    you wont decode the HD ones due to the pairing issue as discussed in the other thread about sly clamping down on HD cs on 28e

so you will get black screen and also epg , but no audio or video

the SD channels work ok as long as you have a sea lion that has them included , otherwise no you wont get them either as they are scrambled

so when you say you cannot "get them" (but you are "getting them") , what you really mean is you "cannot decode them" which is completely different , reception is not the same as decoding , which is why you should use correct terminology

the SD ones work fine by the way , BUT they are NOT FTA !

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by echelon View Post
    you wont decode the HD ones due to the pairing issue as discussed in the other thread about sly clamping down on HD cs on 28e

so you will get black screen and also epg , but no audio or video

the SD channels work ok as long as you have a sea lion that has them included , otherwise no you wont get them either as they are scrambled

so when you say you cannot "get them" (but you are "getting them") , what you really mean is you "cannot decode them" which is completely different , reception is not the same as decoding , which is why you should use correct terminology

the SD ones work fine by the way , BUT they are NOT FTA !
    Echelon,

Thanks for the reply.

I read the thread and fully understand that I will not be able to decode Encore HD. I'm not able to view the SD Encore channels either and I'm not using FTA, would I be right to assume that the issue is therefore caused by Sea lion then based on your reply ? What is sea lion ?

I'm very new to this and don't understand all the terminology hence the reason I look for support on this great forum.

Thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rob588cliff View Post
    Echelon,

Thanks for the reply.

I read the thread and fully understand that I will not be able to decode Encore HD. I'm not able to view the SD Encore channels either and I'm not using FTA, would I be right to assume that the issue is therefore caused by Sea lion then based on your reply ? What is sea lion ?

I'm very new to this and don't understand all the terminology hence the reason I look for support on this great forum.

Thanks.
    all I will say on the matter is that those 2 channels are not free to air (FTA)

this means they are scrambled same as sly sports , sly movies and others that are on the sly platform

therefore you need a "gift" which is where the slang term "sea lion" is commonly used , as its the phonetic wording of the line that applies to cccam and you need access to this to watch scrambled channels

if you read the forum rules you will find it cannot be discussed, which is why I refuse to discuss it

the point here is thus

IF YOU HAVE NOT GOT A SEA LION ON YOUR BOX , NO SCRAMBLED CHANNEL FROM SLY WILL WORK !

this will be why you cannot view the 2 SD channels , as I said before

so you need to cancel your quest to view them , as its not going to happen unless you solve the sea lion riddle

when you can successfully watch C5HD or sly SD channels , then you can try and view these ENCORE SD channels

the forum will not support you on this particular issue , its a banned subject (as mentioned in the forum rules)

if you have no "sea lion" , you can only view the channels with no dollar sign next to them (a $ means its scrambled) UNLESS its a softcam or biss key enabled channel (in which case use a softcam or biss key)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    You are not missing much anyway!! Even her-in-doors is not interested LOL

Thanks
    Thanked 4,249 Times in 2,030 Posts
    Bad enuff with constipation street with constant repeats and Emmerdale too ..i think i'd need to be paid quite a considerable amount of month to actually watch that mind numbing nonsense and not vice versa .

i would watch only if it was a totally non scripted episode where a suicide b-o-mber entered either the Rovers Return and/or the Woolpack
    and all the cast were inside no need for any script you can guess the rest ...then we really wouldnt need ITV Encore at all ..lol's !!

So in a nutshell ITV Encore sold out and accepted Ruppie's big wad of cash and are doomed to inane advertising and thankfully encrypted i for one am not complaining : )

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Barney For This Useful Post:

echelon (17-06-2014), Nikkas (17-06-2014)