Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help with 5402 M3

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by manic01 View Post
    Who told you that?
    Now as for your recordings, as its different stb os compeltely you may struggle to view them again on M3 unless you convert them.
    Ok, so why has Phantom stated that he will sort it out in his next patch mate?

Thanks
    And 4:2:2 as well
    Not everything is possible mate.
    Maybe they will, but it all costs money.

Thanks
    Yes I understand what you say mate, but all I'm saying is that Phantom did sound as if he was genuinely offering to sort out the PVR problem, maybe I'm being over 'optimistic' - most unlike ME? lol!!

Thanks
    Manic01 is probably right about the PVR problem as its based on a different Receiver O/S it may not be possible. And i cannot see phantom downright saying so as everyone over there is lauding all the plaudits of how good the F3/5 and the new M3 are.

Makes good business sense to keep stringing people along just so that Sales keep going, You got to admit holmroad its not without its faults and the main one being as again Manic01 pointed out even last year that since shifting manufacturing from Korea to china to maximise profits TM's STB's have slowly gone down hill in my estimation anyway even a few of the hardened Fanboys have noticed too.

Thanks
    FWIW I've found this thread - which makes depressing reading on the subject of playing back recordings (*.ts) made on the 5402 M3 on anything else....

http://techreport.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=86844

Which - as we in the best circles say - is something of a bummer.

So is it the case that had I bought an M2 I'd be able to watch recordings "just like that" by moving a USB stick from sat box to computer?

Thanks
    So we are DEFFO saying that the M3 is of a difference country of manufacture to the M2 here?

Thanks
    The M1 and M2 are def different.

Thanks
    Looks to me like TM and most other Closed source manufacturers such as Clarke Tech and the DrHD Brand shifted there manufacturing from Korea to China to cut costs.

So as manic01 rightly states above the M1 is Korean manufactured the M2 and the rest of the current TM range are Made in China which would probably collaborate the theory that when TM said they had introduced a so called Security chip in the M2 what they actually meant was its being made in China from now on

Thanks
    Still cant see why it should make DRASTIC differences, provided one country manufactures the boxes to identical specifications?
    Surely drawings etc are drawings etc?
    Suppose some countries' ideas of meeting standards in manufacture - especially in the Far east - will be much different to OUR ideas on standards however? lol!!

Thanks
    The M3 has nothing in common with the M1/M2 except name.

Thanks
    The M3 has nothing in common with the M1/M2 except name.
    Ok, so suppose as ALWAYS its a case of 'suck it & see what transpires'!!

Thanks
    FWIW I've just finally got round to downloading "Any Video Converter" (free version) and have successfully converted a *.ts file over to mp4, playing it via VLC.

The file was a recording of TF1 in HD and it took about six minutes to convert 500 MB, the resulting file is 150 MB approx. It certainly made the fan whirr on the computer!

So it is doable, even if it would be preferable had the files read direct.

Thanks
    Holmroads friend the phanthom has promised him personally and unreservedly that its def getting fixed.

Thanks
    Holmroads friend the phanthom has promised him personally and unreservedly that its def getting fixed.
    You sarcastic s*d!!! lol!!

Thanks
    Unlike the problem of holmroad (AIUI) that which I have achieved is to record on the M3 and then play back on the computer.

But it would of course be nice if both difficulties could be resolved at the same time....

Thanks
    I want my ball back!! lol!!!
    No - I DON'T!!!

Thanks
    Further investigation with Linux (at which I am a complete numpty so I have to consult our local guru, even though I do use Linux day to day for browsing/email etc) shows that a program called smplayer opens the *.ts files direct, including my benchmark test of TF1 HD (scrambled AND HD).

There is also a Windoze version which I'm about to put on to a Windows 7 machine to see if the success can be replicated on that platform.

It's not often I find something that VLC won't do but SMplayer may be the answer.

Laters: can confirm that SMplayer does play back 5402 M3 recordings under Windows, although in my case the HD recording was obviously at too high a rate for the laptop to cope with properly, it kept repeating little sections (it sounded like what I believe is modern disco "scratch" music (?)) but the SD recording was fine, albeit that the time slider bar was up the creek.
    Last edited by moulin; 07-06-2014 at 09:40 AM.

Thanks
    Downloading Smplayer as I type - but AVG not liking it so having to wait until AVG scan completes then can switch off protection while download running!

Thanks
    I'm no great fan of Linux (I wish I could be, but there are too many stupid STUPID failings with it, and too many assumptions that everyone is capable of using a "terminal window" and typing meaningless strings of instructions into it) but (with my mischievous hat on!) if you too ran Linux you wouldn't need AVG!!

I've in fact finally ended up with the best of both worlds, as I have a computer that when switched on gives one the choice of loading Windows 7 or Linux. So everything is in the same box, I use Linux 95% of the time (word processing, browsing etc, with the advantage of no need for virus protection) but can switch to Windows if I or the machine are stumped by something that only Windows can handle.

Thanks
    Have you got both HS1 and HS2 in the "Entertainment" menu? HS2 is showing "Connection Failure" on my M2. Maybe more patches needed all round ;-)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast