Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help Please

Thanks

Help Please

Just installed a triax 1.1.dish and dark motor on TNK brackets, Pole is not spot on only a little bit out so i am using diseqc not usals. My Latitude: 51.---°/Longitude: -3.----° my dish angle is 29% i am in south wales (Bridgend) set the lat on motor but only pick up 28.2e sky 90% signal 85% quality . Done a factory reset on my spiderbox 9000 as i said i get no signal or quality when moving to 19.2e or 13.e .It's bloody hard when you are on your own and a bad back

Any advice please

Thanks rasp
    Last edited by rasp; 12-05-2014 at 03:42 PM.

Thanks
    I think you need to take it down and start from scratch again. The pole must be perfectly plum or the motor will not sit straight on it and won't follow the arc correctly. There are no shortcuts I am affraid.

Thanks
    if you cannot get 19 or 13 east something is more than a little out, they are very strong in our area.

Thanks
    I checked the settings on the ground with a scaffolding pole in the garden and i could pick the mentioned sats ok. Checked the level of the pole with a boat level and and only have to move a tiny bit to be spot on.Used to have a 1Mtr lenson Heath dish with a 36volt motor and the angle was 40%. But the angle must be ok as i was picking them up on the ground. It's starting to rain now and it's in for the weekend so will have to leave it for the weekend. I have sky mini dish below it. I have a M8 i can call to give a hand to alter it will have to wait for him, as i said it's hard when you up the ladder undoing the bolts and trying to hold it to adjust it.

Thanks
    you check the settings on the ground ?

so then you moving it to another pole ?

Thanks
    Yes made sure the motor was dead center on both my Lat and dish angle should be the same on both shouldn't they

Thanks
    what sat did you use on the ground, if you used 28 19 or even 13 once moved you could still be way off , thier signal is so stong.

Thanks
    On the the ground i could pick up 28/19/13 no problem

Thanks
    good possibilty , but once moved to the other mount if not perfectly straight and the sats are so strong , can be a mile out once you move to another.

Thanks
    Weather does not look to bad for use tomorrow will strip it down if i can get hold of my M8.

Thanks anyway M8

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Good luck, by the way it's absolutely pouring down, at the moment, where I am. Hopefully it will remain dry, where you are, and not too windy.

Thanks
    Probably preaching to the converted but when you strip it down and reassemble make sure you check for vertical in more than one plane - do at least E-W and N-S. I had to elongate the holes in my T&K brackets to get the fine adjustment needed to get my pole spot on. Have you got a meter? Makes life much easier. Which sat do you use for true south? Here in Caerphilly I use 5W.

Thanks
    very heavy winds today so hopefully its not mounted too high up , not good to be up a ladder and definatly not with a dish in youre hand , :ack2:

Remagen [zGemma 2S, Vu+ duo, SS1, SS2HD, Foxsat 1000s & Foxsat HDR]
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rasp View Post
    . . . . . . My Latitude: 51.***°/Longitude: -3.****°

Any advice please

Thanks rasp
    You really shouldn't specify your location so accurately as it pinpoints you to within about 20 meters. Not good if you subsequently post about CS or watching with an emu.

I've starred out the location so that you can remove some of the decimal places from post 1. One decimal place is enough for peeps to advise you on setup.

Thanks
    Thanks for all the replies guys to windy for me on my own will have to wait for my M8

Thanks
    Not very helpful but can't you leave it lower or at ground level? Seein as you get signal there...

Thanks
    Tell er indoors that.

No seriously it has to be on the side of the wall so pick up the signal from more sats.

Have to source two K brackets and one T, plus 10mm Rawl bolts to replace what's up there what i should have done on the first place.

Funny isn't when any family and friends are in trouble i am the first to help but when the shoe is on the other foot they are not quick to return the favour.

Thanks
    I'd recommend "Multi Montys" rather than Rawl bolts as they don't expand but cut their own thread into brick.

Thanks
    Yes they are good multi monti fixings
    Screwfix do them.

Thanks
    Will they work in stone.

Update just taken the dish down and going to try and take the old T & K brackets off the wall.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast