Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: connect android tablet to tv

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    just tried mobdro on my samsung s3 mini and nexus 7 , it does not have a streaming facility
    (or it doesnt use video player that does have the streaming icon on the top left)
    I was unable to set it to stream to any nearby device , so it doesnt appear to be able to do so

Thanks
    mobdro works if installed on an MX2 and the MX2 is connected to the tv by hdmi cable (or by av cables)

mobdro says chromecast and miracast will be made available in the future if you read through the app details on the play store on on the internet

Thanks
    I have now found out that the original nexus 7 can be used to play from showbox and tvportal etc using the following free streaming and player apps

install twonky beam ,bubble unpnp , streambels and iwondershare player on nexus 7 ( or samsung )

stream from nexus 7 to xbmc-wired (on the mx2 with xbmc running) , all work as streamers and players
    you can also try doing this with mp3 players etc , try dlna equipped tv`s or devices , or similar mirroring systems and devices too

V.I.P
    Thanks
    been looking at miniX NEO x7 android 4.2 quad core mini pc and was wondering if this will take mobdro app
    Quote Originally Posted by echelon View Post
    mobdro works if installed on an MX2 and the MX2 is connected to the tv by hdmi cable (or by av cables)

mobdro says chromecast and miracast will be made available in the future if you read through the app details on the play store on on the internet

V.I.P
    Thanks
    got my MiniX NEO x7 android 4.2 quad core mini pc today got it all set up and working fine

6. The Following User Says Thank You to welshpaddy For This Useful Post:

echelon (28-05-2014)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by welshpaddy View Post
    got my MiniX NEO x7 android 4.2 quad core mini pc today got it all set up and working fine
    good , looks like an MX2 when you look at the box

try showbox , tvportal , movieplanet , mobdro etc on it

with xbmc try the droid config for the apps on xbmchub.com , like cliq , navi-x , 1channel , icefilms , vidics , mashup etc

enable xbmx remote streaming and try a smartphone stream using videoplayer , iwondershare and twokny beam from a smart android mobile (like an s3 or s3 mini or s4) or tablet like a samsung tab 3 or nexus 7 or that one you bought

V.I.P
    Thanks
    will try all your suggestions eventually still trying to figure a lot of it out still also got a mele f10-pro2.4g wireless keyboard 2 in 1 intelligent voice with ir remote control for computer/tv/media player/android tv box looking for a detailed manual for this as the instructions that came with it are near non existant

Thanks
    I can't explain all stuff here but I read the article which gives clarity on this topic if you have time you can see that at http://mobdro-downloads.com/mobdro-chromecaste/

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by welshpaddy View Post
    will try all your suggestions eventually still trying to figure a lot of it out still also got a mele f10-pro2.4g wireless keyboard 2 in 1 intelligent voice with ir remote control for computer/tv/media player/android tv box looking for a detailed manual for this as the instructions that came with it are near non existant
    sell it, its rubbish had 3 and didnt pair right or when you try voice command it cuts of vol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    tried mirroring? there are usb to hdmi cables but you'll have to scour a bit.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,034 Times in 1,173 Posts
    My Samsung S3, S5 and ASUS tablet can all stream MOBDRO to Chromecast.

I can't remember if I had to add another app to do the streaming capability though (there are several on the Play site).

MOBDRO should have a Chromecast Icon on the top right of the categories page before you select a channel.
    Clicking it comes up with a pop-up window which you then click to confirm you want it to stream to Chromecast.
    The screen on the Android goes to a still picture and
    The TV shows a red screen with the channel name.
    After a while (typically 30 to 60 seconds) the program appears.

In MODBRO settings there is an option to use hardware rendering; try that both ways.

Hope that helps.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,034 Times in 1,173 Posts
    Aha! It seems that casting MOBDRO needs the Google Home app and for it to have the correct location settings.

I just updated to the latest MOBDRO and lost the icon on my S5. Had to reconfigure Home to get it back.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12