Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: connect android tablet to tv

V.I.P
    Thanks

connect android tablet to tv

can i connect my medion tablet bought in aldi with a mini usb cable from tablet to hdmi on tv ie mini usb to hdmi cable

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    not to my knowledge

you may be able to stream mp3 or videos depending on the tablet and tv , or use a dongle

read this _https://www.verizonwireless.com/insiders-guide/entertainment/smartphone-to-tv/

as an example, I can stream videos or mp3 from my samsung s3 mini to my new sony KDL47W805A smart tv , my lad does it to an LG smart tv from his s3 mini or a samsung galaxy tab 2 , also to his MX2 android box that is connected to his older non-smart tv

try showbox and tvportal for starters using video player, or the mp3 player in the tablet, you may have to switch on NFC or miracast or whatever may be in the settings though (sony and samsung have their own tap the device to the remote ideas too)

I believe you may need an MHL hdmi input if connecting direct , so check the spec of your tv too

_http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_High-Definition_Link

V.I.P
    Thanks
    so if i get an mhl hdmi input adapter would this suffice my tv is 50" samsung which is about 5 years old so i dont think has mhl hdmi input just standard hdmi also what would the picture quality be like on tv when streaming football cause when i connect laptop to tv via hdmi it gets distorted
    Last edited by welshpaddy; 07-05-2014 at 09:07 PM.

Thanks
    I had a look at the mhl adapters on fle b@y and they only seem to list for certain tablets and phones , but not medion
    the ones listed seem to cover some samsung phones and tablets, a few sony and htc too , so clearly they vary but are very model specific and no universal ones are listed

I would also think that your tv has no MHL hdmi input so not even sure you could do this even if there was a medion adapter

if your laptop has a hdmi output and the display settings are correct for your tv then that should actually work, I would hazard a guess that you havent set the laptop output to the correct resolution for your tv input

cannot tell you if you can stream from your medion to your tv , you will need to check the specs on both devices

no idea how good (or bad) doing what you propose from a tablet would be , even if its possible

V.I.P
    Thanks
    ok thanks

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Been in touch with median and they said I only need the mini USB to HDMI cable to connect the tablet to the TV don't know if they are right

Thanks
    Is it a smart TV?

V.I.P
    Thanks
    no not a smart tv

Thanks
    You can get a mini usb to HDMI cable for smartphones which should plug into that tablet. These can be had for as little as 99p in some places. Might be worth the gamble.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    ive ordered one from medion will see what happens when it it comes want to stream mobdro from tablet to tv

V.I.P
    Thanks
    after getting the cable from medion now they tell me it wont work

V.I.P
    Thanks
    ive been looking at smart blu-ray dvd players namely a { Panasonic DMP-BDT230EB} i believe this will let me connect my android medion life tab e7310 wirelessly to tv to enable me to stream from tablet to tv would you agree with this ?
    Quote Originally Posted by echelon View Post
    I had a look at the mhl adapters on fle b@y and they only seem to list for certain tablets and phones , but not medion
    the ones listed seem to cover some samsung phones and tablets, a few sony and htc too , so clearly they vary but are very model specific and no universal ones are listed

I would also think that your tv has no MHL hdmi input so not even sure you could do this even if there was a medion adapter

if your laptop has a hdmi output and the display settings are correct for your tv then that should actually work, I would hazard a guess that you havent set the laptop output to the correct resolution for your tv input

cannot tell you if you can stream from your medion to your tv , you will need to check the specs on both devices

no idea how good (or bad) doing what you propose from a tablet would be , even if its possible

Thanks
    I have a panny bluray player DMP-BDT120 and mine wont stream videos from anything other than my nas, it will stream music from my phone however , but not my nexus 7 tablet (with kitkat installed)

so the answer is , you wont know until you try it , either it will stream , or it wont , or half and half like mine (music and not video)

I think I would be wanting a demo to test it (in a shop or if somebody you knew had one) before committing yourself

my lad bought the sony tv I mentioned recently and we tested all kinds of stuff on it , streaming from samsung tablets and phones , streaming from a nas and a laptop , testing its smart features , wifi and ethernet , testing its sat tuner etc before I found and bought one myself due to it doing everything we wanted

my only gripe is the nexus 7 model 1 doesnt stream video to it , yet , but apparently the model 2 does , so maybe it will be implemented on my nexus 7 first edition sometime soon , either as an app or in kitkat or the automatic firmware image updates

V.I.P
    Thanks
    will take your advice
    Quote Originally Posted by echelon View Post
    I have a panny bluray player DMP-BDT120 and mine wont stream videos from anything other than my nas, it will stream music from my phone however , but not my nexus 7 tablet (with kitkat installed)

so the answer is , you wont know until you try it , either it will stream , or it wont , or half and half like mine (music and not video)

I think I would be wanting a demo to test it (in a shop or if somebody you knew had one) before committing yourself

my lad bought the sony tv I mentioned recently and we tested all kinds of stuff on it , streaming from samsung tablets and phones , streaming from a nas and a laptop , testing its smart features , wifi and ethernet , testing its sat tuner etc before I found and bought one myself due to it doing everything we wanted

my only gripe is the nexus 7 model 1 doesnt stream video to it , yet , but apparently the model 2 does , so maybe it will be implemented on my nexus 7 first edition sometime soon , either as an app or in kitkat or the automatic firmware image updates

15. The Following User Says Thank You to welshpaddy For This Useful Post:

echelon (10-05-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,588 Times in 1,239 Posts
    You could use a Chrome Cast. Plugs in the HDMI port and just cast to it from any device.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to traveller For This Useful Post:

sparky_dog (02-06-2014)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    ive got the mobdro app on my tablet so are you saying with chrome cast i will be able to stream this from my tablet to tv ? ( maybe echelon could comment on this)
    Last edited by welshpaddy; 11-05-2014 at 10:37 AM.

Thanks
    I know about neither of the 2 items above so have no comment to make

all the info I know about is in my previous posts

what I do know is that my new sony smart tv , my lads LG smart tv and his mx2 will all stream from a samsung s3 , and a samsung s3 mini , a samsung galaxy tab 2 tablet , probably from other suitable phones and tablets too

these have all been tested using an mp3 player app , and video player using the apps showbox and tvportal

Thanks
    I just installed mobdro on my Nexus 7 2012 to test and it isn't an app that Google Chrome cast at the moment will work with.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to traveller For This Useful Post:

echelon (11-05-2014)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    ok thanks that rules chromecast out for me

Thanks
    There are quite a few apps that will work with Chrome cast on various platforms. Netflix, Chrome browser, Plex and others all work on Android, Mac and Windows.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to traveller For This Useful Post:

echelon (11-05-2014), sparky_dog (02-06-2014)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast