Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: spiderbox wont register me to internet

Thanks
    once a spider box is patched you have to switch the patch on, using 1111 I believe (as mickha says above)

not got a 6000 myself and never seen one so not sure where the actual label is with the mac code

DO NOT POST YOUR MAC CODE ON HERE or it will be removed

your mac code has to be unique and the one allocated to your box , otherwise it will NOT connect to i*s

so there should be a label either inside the box on the motherboard, concealed behind the card flap , or on the back or underneath the box itself

so check for the label for the missing mac code, and make sure the patch is turned on in network , using 1111

Thanks
    hi hianta
    we have tried post 28
    Talktalk is not the problem, I use their broadband, first with a Spiderbox 9000 HD and now with a VU+ Duo2.

The problem could be your friends, and how they've set it up.
    Not owning a 6000HD, or having access to one, I'm unsure if it is the same as other, earlier, Spiderboxes, like the 7000, or 9000.
    Did your friends install the channel list?
    Did anyone copy all the data off their machine onto yours?
    Have you tried doing a factory reset, loading the latest patch, but not loading any channel list, or data on your USB, instead just scanning in a few channels and checking if it connects?

it did not connect

type was set to on
    key was 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    connection said connecting then it said login failed
    expiry date was blank
    register said ok

again we cannot find a label or anything that resembles a mac address on the box

i have a had a thought do i need to find the invoice off my mate who bought it ,,micky coventry ,,contact the spiderbox supplier and find out the mac address ??(as there is no mac address on the box i have here )?

Thanks
    The MAC Code on a Spiderbox 6000 is on a White Patch on the underside of the receiver.

Thanks
    not anywhere but i will look on motherboard later ?if its the same wat does this mean??and if not the same wat does this mean also??

Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by paulupton123 View Post
    hi hianta
    we have tried post 28
    Talktalk is not the problem, I use their broadband, first with a Spiderbox 9000 HD and now with a VU+ Duo2.

The problem could be your friends, and how they've set it up.
    Not owning a 6000HD, or having access to one, I'm unsure if it is the same as other, earlier, Spiderboxes, like the 7000, or 9000.
    Did your friends install the channel list?
    Did anyone copy all the data off their machine onto yours?
    Have you tried doing a factory reset, loading the latest patch, but not loading any channel list, or data on your USB, instead just scanning in a few channels and checking if it connects?

it did not connect

type was set to on
    key was 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
    connection said connecting then it said login failed
    expiry date was blank
    register said ok

again we cannot find a label or anything that resembles a mac address on the box

i have a had a thought do i need to find the invoice off my mate who bought it ,,micky coventry ,,contact the spiderbox supplier and find out the mac address ??(as there is no mac address on the box i have here )?
    That's not my quote lol BUT anyway I ask again? Is the box brand knew? If someone has taken the mac off the box then probably not? If the box is not new and has already been registered the freebie may have been used and this would explain why you can not log on or register the box.
    I do own and use this box and the mac is on white sticker on the bottom of the box and matches the mac address in the menu. oh well I'll catch up tonight good luck..

Thanks
    All boxes have Mac address written down them, like you see in picture.
    Contact your dealer.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    I think the one I referred to that the member here joemaddisson had also had all zeros on the mac code (in his threads from late last year)

clearly that code of all zeros is incorrect, so only the actual retailer or dealer can rectify this

it is also why i*s fails , and we have been telling both of you this all the way through this thread

so the mac code needs fixing, by the actual dealer, so contact them

the only dealer allowed on here is our sponsor goldwafers, they would never supply a box without a valid mac code or without a label containing the code , maybe some dealers are more unscrupulous

thread closed

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234