Thread: Keeping a customised channel list up to data

Thanks

Keeping a customised channel list up to data

I have taken a Catseye channel list and modified it to how I want it for my own use i.e. different headings and groupings of channels, removal of ***** channels (kids around), localisation etc etc.

I know Catseye produces regular updates but if I use one of those then I lose all my changes. I have been using Dreamboxedit to make my changes to the channels. Can I use Dreamboxedit to keep this updated. I have tried selecting the 'update satellites.xml' option and then 'compare loaded services with services from dreambox' (I have a VU+ Uno but it's the same default location). This produced a series of anomalies which I then saved. I note some of them show changes to channel names.

Is this the correct procedure to keep my own channel list updated on my receiver?

Thanks
    I managed to get round this by downloading the latest Catseye channel list and cut and pasting the changed channels into my own channel list.

But can this be achieved by opening my own channel list then selecting 'compare loaded services with other services on disk' and selecting the latest Catseye list. If you then tick all and update the changes then upload the modified list will this include all the latest changes?

Thanks
    I would love to see an answer to this too...

T.

Thanks
    Me too.

I spent literally hours creating full categorised FTA bouquets for all the major satellites I can receive. That list was huge, especially given the FTA list for all language channels on 13.0 East, I don't just watch English channels. The minute I updated the settings, it was all gone, and I really can't face building them all again. I can't think of an easy way it would work though, to preserve my bouquet lists.

Thanks

Updating bouquets - a method that works

The problem is basically that the customised bouquets, that are downloaded, are overwritten.
    The method that works for me is to

1. Put the STB in Standby Mode.
    2. Copy the customised bouquet directly to /etc/enigma2 on the STB.
    3. POWER OFF the STB with the power switch at the back.
    4. Wait 60 seconds
    5. POWER ON the STB with the power switch at the back.

This prevents the file being overwritten.

The basic problem with the servicereferences is that the names are in hexadecimal, and unreadable by us primates.
    And saving individual servicereferences with the remote controller needs too many key depressions.

The following simple script, 'wgetsr.sh', using web interface may be useful for everyone.

Code:
    #!/bin/sh
    wget -q -O - http://vuplus2/web/getcurrent | \
    sed -e '/e2service[rn]/!d' -e 's/\t//g' -e 's!</e2.*>!!' | \
    sed -n -e 's/<.*>/#SERVICE /' -e 'N' -e 's/\n<.*>/ ;/' -e'p'
    'vuplus2' is the STB name from the /etc/hosts file.
    'vuplus2' can be replaced with '127.0.0.1' if running the script directly on the STB.

Select and display a channel with the STB.

To execute the script make it executable, and

Code:
    ./wgetsr.sh| tee -a xxxx
    This will display the servicereference and readable channel name and append it to the 'xxxx' file.
    Last edited by far451; 18-11-2014 at 09:49 PM.

Thanks
    Hey all, just a bump on this thread to see if there's been any development over the last 12 months for this issue.

I'm in the same boat; like my own customised channel list & would like to update that, if possible, rather than just download/add the latest full default bouquet which comes with the auto bouquet updaters (i used rats last).

far451 sorry man, didn't entirely follow your post... went a bit above my head. Anyone else have any news???

Cheers all!