Thread: saving channel lists and settings

Thanks

saving channel lists and settings

I'm quite enjoying using the channel editor and uploading the file to the Spiderbox. But any file initially created by the channel editor will lose any satellite settings that you may have (which can be a pain if you are not using Usals). Ok I know that if i subsequently save this file and do any editing using channel editor the settings will be there.

Is there anyway of having two seperate files i.e. one just for the 1.2 'position' settings and then when you upload a channel list you can add this.

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    We are working on it mate, it is extremely difficult and very time consuming to reverse engineer the SSU file format for sat settings area, without any help from anyone.

When you save the SSU using the editor it currently sets all the sat settings to the boxes factory default values, so that's why you see this problem, but hopefully this will change in the next release of the editor

Maybe only the satellites "Auto Enabled" and LNB 9750/10600 / 22k tone settings, the Motor settings are very complex

Thanks
    Cheers Blueking. I think most people in the know appreciate your efforts and the time things like this can take.

Thanks
    Be aware that our friend Heyho has a tendency to test the patience and prolong the pain anyway happy Valiers to all it's my hope that all on our forum were smiling this morning.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Knacker View Post
    Be aware that our friend Heyho has a tendency to test the patience and prolong the pain anyway happy Valiers to all it's my hope that all on our forum were smiling this morning.
    Cheeky beggar. I will let you know a faulty brand new out of the box motor for your first setup would test anyones patience :nopity:

Thanks
    DiseqC was at one time the only way to move our motors, however the clever people at STAB came up with USALS and what's more we get it for free!!!
    My question is when USALS which is both accurate and repeatable and also so very simple to use why on Earth use DiseqC?
    Ok I know some member MIGHT have very old motors which are not USALS compatible BUT with a CORRECTLY installed and setup motorized system DiseqC is something of a throwback.
    STAB the originators of USALS claim with a correctly set up motor and dish, USALS can locate a given satellite within 2 mtrs of it's actual position, with that sort of accuracy who needs DiseqC?
    I know if your setup is not "spot on" then you can possibly squeeze a few extra percent of signal and quality readings but this is an installation problem and not a USALS problem, you would be better off getting your dish realigned then you can swap channel lists without the fuss of moving east or west and trying to locate the satellite your looking for.
    It would be great for the very few who really need DiseqC for motor control that it could be saved within the channel editor but to me it seems a disproportionate amount of time and effort will have to go into this feature which in truth is of little value to the majority of users.

This this from the STAB site :

But what is the USALS system (Universal Satellite Automatic Location System)?
    It is a calculation system processed by STAB, and given free to all manufacturers of sat receivers or PC cards, which enables the receiver to calculate the position of all satellites in orbit with a precision lower than 1 meter with reference to the place of installation. All this in a completely automatic mode and with no specific technical knowledge required, either during installation or use.
    Last edited by jimihendrix; 15-02-2014 at 12:47 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by heyho View Post
    Cheeky beggar. I will let you know a faulty brand new out of the box motor for your first setup would test anyones patience :nopity:
    I've had a faulty motor which taught me a lesson, now I connect just the motor (no dish) to the receiver indoors and do a quick test before installing it outside.
    Ok probably unnecessary as I've only had one faulty motor in 10 years BUT the thought of mounting the dish and motor outside then having to take it down again......

Thanks
    All in good fun Heyho,I must confess I follow your posts to find info that I am not to bright at and would have felt like a dummy trying to ask in a way that makes me less than a dummy and I end up more confused than if I had asked the question in the first place,but we have good understanding and patient people on our site that make it easier to be a"D"regards K

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Knacker View Post
    All in good fun Heyho,I must confess I follow your posts to find info that I am not to bright at and would have felt like a dummy trying to ask in a way that makes me less than a dummy and I end up more confused than if I had asked the question in the first place,but we have good understanding and patient people on our site that make it easier to be a"D"regards K
    Believe me we all had to start somewhere, I well remember my first steps and it was a little easier for me having worked in the electronics industry BUT then we did not have the luxury of USB download either. EVERYTHING had to be done by connecting your PC (not even a laptop) to the satellite receiver and using the RS232 download method with a Null Modem cable.
    I remember asking some simple questions but there were helpful members willing to answer my stupid questions and soon I got the hang of things.
    So dont be afraid of asking, someone will reply but if the reply does correct your problem then post back and others who might be afraid of asking can learn from your experience.