Thread: updating db8000 hd

V.I.P
    Thanks

updating db8000 hd

I want to update my db8000 hd but not sure what the best image is as I want a good epg and be able to use ts panel ts media and ondemand. Also which bootloader do I use and where are they. I have seen ipk bootloaders how do you install these I normally use nfi extension

cheers
    for you help

wwe

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Hi there,
    We need to know when you last updated your 8000 to be sure of bootloader. I always use Newnigma images[ uses second stage 84 ] and latest is 4.0.7 - if you run before 4.0.0 will need full bootloader update.Image goes in nicely - update via web - and am running Onechannel, and TS media and the download facility is good. Can pm another link for other images.Hope that helps - Brain

3. The Following User Says Thank You to brain For This Useful Post:

wwe (21-01-2014)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by brain View Post
    Hi there,
    We need to know when you last updated your 8000 to be sure of bootloader. I always use Newnigma images[ uses second stage 84 ] and latest is 4.0.7 - if you run before 4.0.0 will need full bootloader update.Image goes in nicely - update via web - and am running Onechannel, and TS media and the download facility is good. Can pm another link for other images.Hope that helps - Brain
    hi brian that's great thanks for your reply I will go with what you have said are the boot loaders different for 800 and 8000 if so where can I get the 8000 boot loader from, and also the image you mentioned. I am running blackhole v12 not sure about boot loader but ill bet its 76 as it was loaded by lee when I bought it.

thanks

wwe

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Hi wwe,
    If you download the image then open browser the process will put the new bootloader in - it is already there.I am not sure about 800 and 8000 differences but if you have an 8000 image all should be well. Power down the DB - off at back. Hold lower button and power on - wait for the IP address to appear and 'Stop'. Type IP address into your browser and follow the instructions on screen - Bootloader will be added. When asked for the image make sure you have left it unpacked and easily available - ie on desktop. Upload and install into the webpage slot. Good luck - Brain

V.I.P
    Thanks
    I am using Oozoon
    2013-11-18 tarball
    Experimental 2014- 01 -05
    Front Processor 7

I works very well for me on my DM8000 using TS panel and Cross EPG. I haven't really used on demand.
    Hope this helps

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandra For This Useful Post:

wwe (21-01-2014)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wwe View Post
    hi brian that's great thanks for your reply I will go with what you have said are the boot loaders different for 800 and 8000 if so where can I get the 8000 boot loader from, and also the image you mentioned. I am running blackhole v12 not sure about boot loader but ill bet its 76 as it was loaded by lee when I bought it.

thanks

wwe
    ok brian, so the bootloader is embedded in the image. is there a manage plugins section so I can load ts panel and cccam etc.. and also does crossepg work cheers

wwe

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Hi wwe,
    Yes - very easy - blue button/Newenigma services. I cant comment on Cross epg although there is an epg - I dont use it. All can be downloaded otherwise and also the 4.9 TS on here can be uploaded via var/temp then blue/manage addtional software/offline installer/internal flash. Good luck - Brain

10. The Following User Says Thank You to brain For This Useful Post:

wwe (23-01-2014)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Hi wwe,
    Yes - very easy - blue button/Newenigma services. I cant comment on Cross epg although there is an epg - I dont use it. All can be downloaded otherwise and also the 4.9 TS on here can be uploaded via var/temp then blue/manage addtional software/offline installer/internal flash. Good luck - Brain
    hi ok I have installed image with bootloader 84 all went well completed to 100% I rebooted the box it went to about 50% and now its stuck at that I have welcome to dreambox discover more on the tv and nothing else how long should I wait.

cheers

wwe

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Hi
    Image may have corrupted on the download; occasionally DB's do this stop too - sometimes just on reboot. Can only really suggest two things. try another image and see what happens OR start the process again. You could unplug the box and leave for half an hour. Do remember that when you then try the reboot switch off at back then hold lower button and keep holding it while you switch on at back again until IP address appears.I dont think I have missed anything though. Did you follow the process on TV screen so as to not miss any of the requests? Hope this helps - Brain

V.I.P
    Thanks
    hi ok I have loaded newengima2 and its working great but I cant find where to configure epg or load ts media etc..

thanks

wwe

V.I.P
    Thanks
    HI wwe
    I said earlier that I didnt know about epg and didnt use it,certainly not cross. My NE2 on the 8000 has a graphical epg - blue button - about 3rd down, and as I said above too - blue button - 5 down newnigma services and all downloads from there - both offline and online and all emus etc - see post 7 too. All updates and online plugins are there. Good luck - Brain

15. The Following User Says Thank You to brain For This Useful Post:

wwe (24-01-2014)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    HI wwe
    I said earlier that I didnt know about epg and didnt use it,certainly not cross. My NE2 on the 8000 has a graphical epg - blue button - about 3rd down, and as I said above too - blue button - 5 down newnigma services and all downloads from there - both offline and online and all emus etc - see post 7 too. All updates and online plugins are there. Good luck - Brain
    Hi Brian, all done and dusted I gave up on the Newengima2, as I could not find the epg. The openpli 4, I downloaded was corrupt as you said so I downloaded it again and it loaded straightaway, I like the fact that the bootloaders are embedded within the image similar to clone boxes. The openpli works really good, fast to loaded and channel zapping. I used cool epg and its works great, also managed to load 4.9 TS media manually and cccam from plugins download. I spend £1000 on this baby with hdd etc... used it for about 3 months and then packed it away 3 years ago, now its rocking again.

thanks for all you help Brian very much appreciated

billy

17. The Following User Says Thank You to wwe For This Useful Post:

brain (24-01-2014)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    You are very welcome M8 - that's what these forums are for.Thanks for your appreciation. Some of the plugins now are very good and the download feature on the TS works a treat, but not all the f***m links work fully on mine. I have a 1.5TB HD in mine too and its loaded with progs but still 2/3 to fill!! Enjoy yourself - Brain