Thread: 6 degree monoblock astra hotbird

Verified Registered User
    Thanks

6 degree monoblock astra hotbird

set up inverto 6 degree twin monoblock and confirm strong signal from both sats. when connected to spiderbox6000 only get signal from astra19e. i understood that the inverto had internal switching and i needed to set the lnb commands in the spiderbox settings. could somebody confirm the spiderbox lnb setup commands for me. hotbird is the central lnb astra offset.
    many thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 2,346 Times in 704 Posts
    MENU->Installation-> Satellite Settings
    Tick (press OK on) 13e -->move to the box on the right, and in the line that says DISEqC1.0/1.1 select 1/4. back to the sat list and
    tick astra 19.2 ->move to the box on the right and in the same line select 2/4 then exit.
    The above is assuming that you fixed your lnb in the standard way ie it is fixed to the lnb arm by the right lnb (loooking at the dish)
    Last edited by Roadrunner; 11-01-2014 at 10:59 PM.

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Many thanks. Yes i have set it up the same way but does not work.is the problem that i have two receivers. one is the spiderbox and the other is offical france orange, which is being used just for astra. Yes this is in france. So i have two cables for different rooms. what is stopping the spiderbox from changing sats.

Thanks
    Are you sure your dish is pointing at hotbird and not astra? If your other box is receiving Astra channels without you having to turn the diseqc to 2/4 on it would suggest you are pointing at astra rather than the hotbird.

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    When i was on the roof with my sat meter which shows the live channels. I set the center sat to hotbird and opened the strongest clear hotbird channel and downloaded quite a few hotbird channels to confirm i was on the correct sat. Then changing the sat meter cable to the offset set up astra and downloaded some clear channels to watch,still on roof doing this. Connected u[p the two cables and checked that the astra only room was ok,fine. so assumed that only the switching of the spiderbox for the other room was all that needed. But no hotbird then. Before i go up on the roof again which on this house is a bit tricky,i thought fire the problem up with you guys.

Thanks
    If you get up there again which I am afraid you will have to,do the first bit again(ie: peak the signal on hotbird and fasten the bolts on the dish) now reconnect both cables
    and in house set up the spiderbox as in the post above. It will work on both sats. The way you went about the project was wrong (sorry) You aligned the dish on hotbird then switched cables to the one from your Astra only box , and then re-aligned the dish to point at Astra again, which is wrong as along the way you have lost hotbird.
    Just do the first bit again and reconnect cables, you can then set-up your spiderbox as above and on your other box try and find the diseqc function and switch that to 2/4 or B or whichever name the manufacturer gave the diseqc (am affraid I do not know your box so you will have to play with it to find it)

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Fair comment,and thanks for your advice.Good news is that here in south of france weather is very good at the moment.
    many thanks

8. The Following User Says Thank You to afterlife For This Useful Post:

Roadrunner (11-01-2014)

Thanks
    Some inverto LNB's the 4 degree one is Hotbird input 2 Astra1 input 1 so the 6 degree one could be the same when I install these have to set on diseqc 2 for installing to hotbird first

10. The Following User Says Thank You to satpaul For This Useful Post:

Roadrunner (12-01-2014)

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Have just checked signal from monoblock on roof. hotbird signal is very strong and astra is fine. So problem is somewhere else.Going to concentrate on getting just the spiderbox working on the two sats,and then connecting in the orange box which is only for astra.