Thread: Ello Ello

Thanks

Ello Ello

Yes thank your lucky stars ... i shall say zis only once

So i guess i dont need to explain my awful sense of humour or my age as am old enuff to have enjoyed Rene and his friends in ello ello

i am pretty much a newbie when it comes to all things sat. I have spent a lot of time reading about all sorts of things whilst waiting for my vu+ solo to arrive. Now that it has I am having lots of fun playing with it - at least when I get the chance if the kids haven't taken control of the TV! (there is only so much Sponge Bob you can watch!)

I am a brit living in holland so we have cable tv for everything dutch but as an old geezer missing home i did put up a triax dish, i think it is 68cm but im not sure. I got an old sky box from my brother and managed to point by luck rather than judgement at astra 2 and now i enjoy good old freesat

I have a daughter of almost 17 and twin boys of 13 who are nuts about anything sport. (Good excuse for me too ) they watch anything but really love the rugby, football and F1 and MotoGP. We go to Assen each year to support Cal and Bradley and Scott. They love it and so do I.

I am trying to sort out a decent box to and a card so they can watch the F1 and Motogp next season but i know there are problems if you want a subscription for sky oversees. My brother still lives in the UK so I am hoping that I can get something sorted out through him. I am hoping i can use the vu box to be able to watch the sports upstairs with the boys if mum and daughter kick us out of the living room
    And maybe as a backup plan if i cant get my own sky card sorted (yes i know that there are other less legal ways to get sky but i have also read the rumours about it coming to an end and also the crackdown on non legal services so yes i would prefer sky just to be helpful and give me my own subscription that i know will work)

I know I still have lots of reading to do on the various forums (I only understand about 10% of what I have read so far so I am very aware of my mega newbie status!). I hope i can get the FTA channels sorted out and hopefully a usb disk so i can record some brit programmes to watch
    That would be great!

greetings

Hutspot in Holland

Thanks
    hello , welcome to the forum

please use the forums here for any questions, especially the VU forums

thank you