Thread: A brand new octagon sf8 hd will not tune in 9east sat or mutv channel

Cool Dude
    Thanks

A brand new octagon sf8 hd will not tune in 9east sat.

A friend of mine has just bought an octagon sf8 hd, mid october, and is slowly getting to grips with it but as with everything things may go wrong. He has fixed dish for 9east for ******* and the right type of LNB but they cannot tune the irish channels. His dish and lnb is fine as I checked it with my spider. I put in what I thought were all the correct parameters but it just says 100% scanned 0 channels found.

The image they are using is openatv 3.0.0 ETC and they update it each day. I am stumped as I have never had it happen to myself. I put in the sat.xml file from the uno as a test but still no go.

This box is small, easy to set up, only one lnb input, ie not a lot to be mucked up.

All the bits they have loaded on the box have been done with the image ie it comes with the lot, settings etc. Very happy with 28east ,13 east but gutted about 9east.

Is it possible that the image can mess up a tuner? They are not keen to try another image as they started with vix, then openpli then loved openatv ie easy peasy.

Help?? Is there a solution or is it just a duff tuner? As I said I am stumped as I have never seen it happen before.

gbmitie
    Last edited by gbmitie; 08-12-2013 at 11:03 AM.

Thanks
    ur channel list is full, delete some crap! i used to delete all the radio channels, but sometimes u have to del tv ones too!

V.I.P
    Thanks
    you mention that you have the correct lnb for the irish channels but do you ? you need a KA band lnb to cover the frequency 20.185L left hand curcular but even if you have the correct lnb the beam is tight on irealnd and the overspill is minimal even with a monster dish the signal will not be received if you're not in the right location i can receive the signal here on the north wales coast with a 1M dish but most of the uk is a no no i'm afraid but if you still want to proceed inverto do make the KA band lnb

Cool Dude
    Thanks
    ok thanks for replies. problem solved. got a new tv with dtt tuner. will use box as is
    Last edited by gbmitie; 08-12-2013 at 10:53 AM.