Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stb Crashing

Thanks

Stb Crashing

Hi all,if someone could help me with this problem,my smartbox 6000 at seems to crash meaning evrything goes same as a factory reboot,I load all sats back on and after a couple dayc like yesterday I put the latest softcam on and today it crashed again,regards Knacker

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    make sure you have the latest patch on, and check you dont have too many channels in the box too

Thanks
    The latest update is the Stb seems to have thrown in the towel after the latest crash 15 minutes ago the on/off indicater is turning red and green alternatively,can I resusitate the thing or is it gone past the point of no return,regards Knacker

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Knacker View Post
    The latest update is the Stb seems to have thrown in the towel after the latest crash 15 minutes ago the on/off indicater is turning red and green alternatively,can I resusitate the thing or is it gone past the point of no return,regards Knacker
    use the repair file, then use the latest patch, then use a new up to date channel list

Thanks
    Many thanks echelon,just a few questions,where will I find the repair file,and will it matter if the stb seems to be switching on and off,I used one of the channel list a day ago but I confused so I did a blind scan on each Sat (I use about four Sats 28,19,13,and 30west)

Thanks
    files are in the spiderbox files section ( we hide them there so people wont think of looking for them in such an obvious place )

I believe your channel list is full or corrupt , all that blind scanning will rapidly fill it up and a large channel list is well known in crashing the box

start again is best

Thanks
    Jeez echelon,I really showed my butt for that kicking ha. ha anyway I looked at the file in the "(hidden section") looks a bit complicated but I will give it a try,you are probably right when you say too kmany channels as I was deleting 19 east chans that were on 28,anyway I will give it a go tomorrow,regards Knacker

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Knacker For This Useful Post:

echelon (04-12-2013)

Thanks
    lol

should know your way round this spiderbox section after 6 months membership

I think you will be ok if you start afresh and dont blindscan everything in sight !!

I assume you realise you cannot pour a barrel full of beer into a pint pot !

Banned
    Thanks
    Hi all,if someone could help me with this problem,my smartbox 6000 at seems to crash meaning evrything goes same as a factory reboot,I load all sats back on and after a couple dayc like yesterday I put the latest softcam on and today it crashed again,regards Knacker
    Interesting? After reading how your thread developed could you tell us at what point the final crash happened?
    eg.. You had loaded the new patch , did a blind scan, loaded cam patch?

The reason I ask Is I was trying to make a help video of the crash repair process but after the patch was updated I could not?
    This Is what you were experiencing I think, Load patch and It would reboot but It had dumped all data?
    I believe this is the new fail safe built in to the new patches and would like to now how you managed to overload it?
    thanks

Thanks
    I am having a go,there was no null modem socket on this new medion desk top so i have a dell affair about seven years old which has I will keep you posted,and this may be a first you hear4d of an irish man that has never touched alcohal,obliged for nthe help I may need more tomorrow,regards Knacker

Thanks
    echelon a mini crisis has befallen me,the null modem wont show on the P C,I shall talk with my friend Slow left arm he used to be a cricketer hence the name, I will see if he can help me otherwise I can't see a way out of this conundrum.

Thanks
    Hianta hi,I loaded on the latest patch on the 26th Nov,followed by the Icks motorised list after which it crashed,I did a factory reset and loaded the patch again on the 29th and after finished put on the Sat positions ssu and it crashed so I did a factory reset and loaded the patch of the 11 Nov,and did a scan on each satelite,last night 3rd it crashed again ,today I went thru the process again with the latest patch and did a blind scan,it worked for a couple of hours,againI reset and patched but as I said to echelon when I had finished I went to 28 east and there was chanell of 19.2 so I was deleting those channels the stb crashed and I cannot sort it as my P C wont recognize the null modem,the stb is now switching from green light on to red light off every second,I will bring it out to my friends house and we may be able to connect his null modem and P C and Stb might talk to each other otherwise I am up the creek without paddle,regards Knacker

Thanks
    Hi,

now I probably shouldn't butt in but something very similar was happening to me and my new spidy 6000 last week......kept crashing and losing everything, anyway I couldn't get it to stop crashing until I removed the modem cable........now nothing seems to say don't have modem connected during setup, but once I disconnected modem then loaded everything......it ran as sweet as a nut, plugged my modem in after everything had been loaded and edited etc and it's absolutely brilliant, miles better then my old 9000 hd.....better menu's , better epg, quicker channel change, very good picture...can't recommend it enough, hope it works for you.............
    bye the way the ONLY gripe for me would be the lack of instuctions with it....the leaflet is next to useless thats with it.

Misty

15. The Following User Says Thank You to misty For This Useful Post:

echelon (05-12-2013)

Banned
    Thanks
    Just a quick reply.
    It has to be a null modem cable and not something that looks like one? You can test the pins to double check either with circuit tester or even two wires and piece of thick paper and a remote control? place the paper between the wires and insert into the battery end so one wire is in contact with the batteries and other is contacting the remote terminal. Place other ends into the pins and press a button on the (TV?) remote. Its better with a torch but everyone has a remote?

more info you should read is https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...lp-please-guys

A video just to show the the routine
    Code:
    http://youtu.be/iWK8ezMZpnk
    just copy, paste and go the link
    good luck

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hianta For This Useful Post:

2colby (05-12-2013), cutain (05-12-2013), manic01 (05-12-2013), Roadrunner (05-12-2013)

Thanks
    I am using a desktop that is not connecting to the Internet( as my null modem cannot connect to my laptop)and transferring from the site to the Desktop,having coppied toe hypertention dll but there seekms to be an other problem as I cannot get past"upgrade application with Xmodem,maybe I need to have an internet connected to to excute this whole operation as it seems that way,I did this operation on an previous Desktop that was connected to the internet so maybe thats the only way to do it,regards Knacker

Banned
    Thanks
    I am using a desktop that is not connecting to the Internet( as my null modem cannot connect to my laptop)and transferring from the site to the Desktop,having coppied toe hypertention dll but there seekms to be an other problem as I cannot get past"upgrade application with Xmodem,maybe I need to have an internet connected to to excute this whole operation as it seems that way,I did this operation on an previous Desktop that was connected to the internet so maybe thats the only way to do it,regards Knacker
    I'm not sure if I understand you but ,No you don't need internet after downloading the files needed.
    read and watch all the info again, Unplug all cables from stb and connect the null modem cable to computer and stb . run the hyper.... and select it as the info says click connect THEN connect power to stb and follow the info again. remember to unzip all files...

Thanks
    hi hianta,at the minute I use all wifi in house the for a couple of years she who must be obeyed kept in my ear about wires all over the shop anyway I used to use a Dell affair that had a wired connection and was Null modem compatible,to get shut of wires all over the place I got a wifi compatible Medion desktop which has no Null modem connection and a fugitsu notebook laptop which has a 15 pin port of some sort it's use I don't know but no Null modem port,I think I may have to get a long internet connection to run from my modem to the Dell P C or maybe two homeplugs because copying and pasting from one online P C to the other offline P C does not work for mel,I hope you understand as I cannot explain any other way,regards Knacker

Thanks
    if you do need an internet connection on the old dell machine then you could use a long ethernet cable from the ROUTER to the dell as a temporary measure whilst doing all this (or 2 homeplugs and 2 ethernet cables , or a wireless usb dongle that connects to your router wirelessly)

the 15 pin socket on the laptop is a vga port (3 rows of 5 pins) and is used to connect a pc monitor or a suitable tv like modern LCD tv,s so its a video out socket and nothing to do with comms

modern equipment rarely has a 9 pin com port, so yes use the old dell

a null modem cable is a crossover cable with 2 nine pin female D plugs on it , wired in crossover mode as below

pin 2 to pin 3
    pin 3 to pin 2
    pin 5 to pin 5

hyperterminal is a comms program and does not need the internet

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to echelon For This Useful Post:

hianta (05-12-2013), Knacker (05-12-2013)

Banned
    Thanks
    hi hianta,at the minute I use all wifi in house the for a couple of years she who must be obeyed kept in my ear about wires all over the shop anyway I used to use a Dell affair that had a wired connection and was Null modem compatible,to get shut of wires all over the place I got a wifi compatible Medion desktop which has no Null modem connection and a fugitsu notebook laptop which has a 15 pin port of some sort it's use I don't know but no Null modem port,I think I may have to get a long internet connection to run from my modem to the Dell P C or maybe two homeplugs because copying and pasting from one online P C to the other offline P C does not work for mel,I hope you understand as I cannot explain any other way,regards Knacker
    In the end of the day you have to follow the recovery file by the law! ( so to speak lol)
    1 Get a null modem cable. ( as posted before)
    2. Get the hyper terminal program and the file for the transfer into the computer that is going to connect to the stb via the null modem cable. ( transfer via usb pen or disk or??)
    3 follow the recovery instructions and all should be good. ( sometimes it can take a few attempts lol)

24. The Following User Says Thank You to hianta For This Useful Post:

echelon (05-12-2013)

Thanks
    I have done as much as I can,I go all the way thru to the tapping and upgrade application with Xmodem I can not get any further,any ideas anyone,Knacker

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast