Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: C-Line set up on vix

Thanks
    Ok just going through your suggestions and I cant see a cccam bin file as echelon mentioned. where should i book looking?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gbmitie View Post
    the next step is use a different version of Cccam, try 2.3.0, for now its something very basic, and when you spot it you will kick yourself. NB you must say when you get it working what you did. By the way are you checking the c line is in cfg after you save and exit.

And finally you are not running both boxes at same time by any chance!!!
    ive been warned not to use cccam2.3.0 as it can have spyware in or something that might give info away about u? not sure the exact details

Thanks
    ok im looking through posts and suggestions and i have come across the cccam bin file...well i dont appear to have one so thats a start.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Hi All,

@ianoli, Connect to your Box, Open VAR
    then down to open ETC.
    locate the (CCcam cfg) file.
    right click on the CCcam.cfg file.
    Check its name, if its like
    this ( CCcam.cfg,Txt ) click
    on the rename an delete ( .Txt ).

BF.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ianoli View Post
    ok im looking through posts and suggestions and i have come across the cccam bin file...well i dont appear to have one so thats a start.
    if installed its in var/bin

Thanks
    There is no txt in the name on the cfg file and no bin file in var/bin

V.I.P
    Thanks
    ok you are jumping from point to point and loosing track, a lot of this stuff becomes automatic but with all the images location of files can vary, when you FTP to box are you using filezilla, i use dcc as its easier( for me) there is another site that supports vix in a big way and I am sure they say ccam emu is located in /usr/bin so find usr, click, then bin is at top, click on bin, then cam should appear at top, its looks like this /usr/bin/cam and in there you should see CCcam2.1.3 but all you do here is check the number 755 is there ie the attribute.

if there is no cam then you need to say how you thought you installed cccam, with vix its a manual install, in that you ftp to tmp and then use buttons.

PS why are you looking for a bin file?? and apologies if I missed something. blame arsenal

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ianoli View Post
    There is no txt in the name on the cfg file and no bin file in var/bin
    when cccam is installed it installs a bin file in var/bin (or usr/bin) like CCcam221 or other various names but starting CCcam and possible numbers due to the different versions , this file is chmodded to 755

they usually also install a script in usr/script or something similar so that the name appears under your emu heading so it can be selected and saved , this file is also chmodded to 755 too

some installers also install the CCcam.cfg into var/etc , some dont , and some installers only install CCcam.cfg and not the bin file

so when you said in post #1 you had installed cccam213, most people would assume that you have installed all the above, possibly with one installer that does everything - they took you at your word

clearly you are not aware of what is being installed and where, so you cannot say you have installed cccam 213 as you may have only installed the script and bin file and not the cfg , or vice versa

so if you have no bin file called CCcam etc , then its not installed in var/bin (usr/bin) , if no emu under your emus , then its not installed , and no cfg in var/etc means the config file is not installed

you can check what is in your installers using 7zip (I did tell you this earlier) , it can also be used to extract missing files suitable for the image used

I also gave you links to various forums containing files , all to do with cccam , although a lot of them were for BH and not vix

Thanks
    ITS SORTED!!!! i was going to make up some long b/s reason for the issue and worm out of telling the truth but i just cant do it.

Its not even a bleeding cline...its a nline! i only noticed when i got the line details resent to me. Im so sorry to have wasted all your time guys...i feel like a right tw*t.

I am expecting and am very deserving of your scorn,mocking and finger ponting.

:svengo::svengo:

V.I.P
    Thanks
    well done on getting back and no no mocking we now know we told you all the right moves for c line. A bit of honesty works wonders. And you wont be forgotten. Glad you are sorted.

Thanks
    I admire your tenacity, and now honesty !!

its pleasing to see the good advice given, its great to know the reason for the problem, its a timely reminder to all that more lines exist than just a c line, as the blade does both types

anyone else having problems could read this thread, see everything they need to check and learn a lot just from this thread and the others linked in it , so hopefully its not just a lesson for you but to anyone else trying to do this for the first time

you also learned a lot in the process , as will others reading this

there will be other things that will puzzle you too, but all in good time

EDIT

ps:- any paths I have indicated have been checked using BH and EDG images on vu or dmm boxes , other images and/or boxes MAY differ as below

In the beeches
    Thanks
    For anyone looking through this thread in the future. All images seem to put the CCcam bin file in their own favourite places - very confusing.

On the latest ViX images they put the bin file into /usr/softcams/ ,and they don't even call it a bin file. All you see is CCcam.2.3.0 (or whatever version you have loaded).

ViX seem to like to do everything different for no good reason.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12