Thread: Problem with Spiderbox HD6000 "HARD RESET"

Thanks

Icon9 Problem with Spiderbox HD6000 "HARD RESET"

Hi all,

I've uploaded a channel list "Spiderbox 6000HD Sky UK 11-11-2013" when the spiderbox reboots I get a message on my TV screen saying mode not supported. The spiderbox goes into standby and power on evry 60 seconds. Does anybody know how to hard reset the box, so I can get back to the standard menus to start again. I've tried it on my other HD Tv's and also tried it plugged in by scart socket to no avail.

Cheers TUD01
    Attached Files Attached Files

File Guy
    Thanks
    Hi
    Try loading the latest patch remembering both factory resets, then try another channel list or your own backup list.
    jb

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jbvid For This Useful Post:

Roadrunner (18-11-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    a hard reset involves use of the repair file, a null modem cable and the windows simple comms program Hyperterminal

full details have been posted recently about this and the repair file was also posted too

5. The Following User Says Thank You to echelon For This Useful Post:

Roadrunner (16-11-2013)

Thanks
    Hi echelon,

I've tried to do the hard reset as described, but the Hyper Terminal dosen't seem to pick it up. The Spider box does not turn on fully it seems stuck in a loop of power on then power off "power on for about 5-6 Seconds then power off for about 20 seconds".

I've never used Hyper Terminal before and I was wondering if the spider box was powering up for such a short period would this be enough time for hyper terminal to pick it up.

Cheers TUD01
    Last edited by TUD01; 18-11-2013 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Punctuation

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    power off relates to actually depowering the unit by physically turning off the mains power to it

no box is powered off if the mains power is still applied

you will find people refer to "turning off" their tv,s and sat boxes when in actual fact they have pressed the power button on the remote control and placed the unit into standby mode. they are telling lies when they say this as the mains power is still present to the psu so they have NOT turned off their equipment at all

I do not have your receiver and have never used the reset procedure or tools, but one thing I do know is that you need to have the unit fully switched off (powered off) , start the tool and then power up the box using the switch, the box should then be looking for a signal on the rs232 port as it boots up (in the first few seconds of the bootup), but should this fail you need to fully power off the box and try again

when I say "power off" I mean turn off the box using its mains switch or a mains switch on the wall socket

I do not mean the box being put on standby or going blank as it reboots, nor do I mean using any buttons on the remote control either

I believe that you mean it is shutting down and rebooting, which is not completely turning off and removing all mains power

the comms is initiated from a cold bootup which is instigated when you first apply the mains power

8. The Following User Says Thank You to echelon For This Useful Post:

den123 (19-11-2013)

Thanks
    Thanks echelon, I will give this a try tomorrow hopefully it will work this time. Thankyou for the quick reply and my misinterpretation of what is off and on.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to TUD01 For This Useful Post:

echelon (18-11-2013)

Thanks
    Hi Echelon,

Thanks for all the info and a succsefull upload and reboot of the HD6000 Spider box as brought it back to life.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TUD01 For This Useful Post:

2colby (20-11-2013), echelon (19-11-2013), ^^COMPASS^^ (19-11-2013)