Thread: Help needed for VU+ Solo2 with Black Hole image 2.0.7

Thanks

Help needed for VU+ Solo2 with Black Hole image 2.0.7

Hi everyone

Hopefully some kind person can help me, here’s my current situation I have a VU+ solo2 box with a 1m motorized dish and have been using an old image of Black hole (1.7 or 1.9 I think). I backed up my settings even though I wasn't sure they would work with the new image. I finally decided to update the image that I was using. So I’ve downloaded version 2.0.7 and unzipped it and installed it on my box, however I can’t figure out how to enter the correct settings for my set up, Tuner A was set up for my motorized dish (USAL?) and Tuner B was set up for Astra 28.2E for my old dish.

I tried to follow the instructions from here:

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...ng-up-Vu-Solo2

I have gone through steps 1-4,
    1. Install image
    2. Network
    3. Set up motorised dish (I have entered the correct longitude and latitude settings for my postcode)
    4. Configure Tuner for Motorised Dish using USALS.

I have added channel list via VUCC control centre which I can connect up to my STB with no problem. However, I don't get a list of available satellites. So I have tried to locate the satellites using Satfinder as well by going through Menu, Setup, Service Searching, Satfinder and then choose Tuner A and then select the Satellite by scrolling across until I see one that I recognise and see if it locks but I can’t find any instructions how to set up access to the satellites up this way but I have managed to locate 4 satellites using this method but I don't get a picture or sound on the free to air channels.

I have tried to restore from back up but when I do this I get a message that no back ups can be found,

How do I configure my box to use the settings, I can connect up to the box from my PC and I have tried to restore settings using VU+ control centre but this hasn’t worked so I may have to set up my box from scratch if anyone can offer any help, advise or point me in the right direction I would be very grateful. If I have posted this is the wrong place please feel free to move it to the correct one and accept my apologies

Many thanks paul_genesis
    Last edited by paul_genesis; 14-11-2013 at 11:20 PM.

Thanks
    I don't think you can use a back up from a inage thatold you should start again or install an e2 sat list like catseyes

Thanks
    as above, try the latest E2 catseyes list from here or download direct from the BH server through your menu (I use dreamboxedit for this)

as for channels, when the bouquets are installed press the down button and the blue button to bring up providers or bouquets, select say bbc1HD on 28.2e and let the motor move to 28e , sometimes you have to use say 358 east for 2 west (360 minus your west position) for usals

set tuner A for motorised and tuner B for 28.2e

once you are on 28.2e and bbc1HD then that part should be ok

V.I.P
    Thanks
    ditto but if I was you I would install the very latest image 2.0.7.1 as it came out so soon after 7 that there must be a reason. I am using it this w/e.

its here

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...0-7-1-Vu-Solo2

start from scratch as instructed and you should be set for a long while.

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    for next time update...save your system settings.
    press menu-installation-software handling-saftey copy system settings...i have my menu in Swedish so the lingo might not be the exact same.
    by doing this next time you update ..it askes if you want to restore system settings.
    it saves alot of time.