Thread: epg help for Xtrend images and plugins

Thanks

epg help for Xtrend images and plugins

hi mate, sorry what does this mean exactly? i have just installed latest VIX, new bootloader etc.

do u mean the screen wont go black as it locks on to whichever TP to download the EPG data - it will download while you watch?

one thing ive noticed on VIX is that when you reboot - it doesnt auto load the EPG data, normally theres an option (which is omitted from VIX to autoreload EPG data upon boot.

i think theres a manual option to LOAD EPG DATA...

thanks!!!

Thanks
    Basically CrossEPG no longer has to switch away from live tv to a radio station in order to download it's database, it can do it while your watching channel by using a free tuner the same way ABM does.

Thanks
    All very good .. if you can get the TP where the epg data is .. we can't get that in the Canaries!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    Just a heads up guys.

Andyblac has once again twiddled those magic fingers and has commenced a major recode of the CrossEPG plugin, from build 755 CrossEPG will use a free tuner same as ABM does to gather its data. work is still ongoing but this should give you a quick idea of how things are coming.

Once again i would like to give my personal thanks to Andyblac of the ViX image team / OE-Alliance for his continual strive to improve Enigma2 for ALL users of all images alike.

Here are a few screenshots of the new CrossEPG in action in build 755.
    surely u mean build 775?

edit: oh didnt realise this was in the VU+ section - phoenix will this be the same in XTREND image?

thanks!
    Last edited by ManikM; 04-11-2013 at 07:56 PM.

Thanks
    just flashed with new image, i see how it works now.

if u have twin tuners, 1 motor, 1 fixed - it goes off to the free tuner to download.

for me, its stuck on READING TITLES (READ 195KB) - good idea in principle, looks to be packed with bugs!

it did move on, but laggy as hell, reflashing before reverting to previous image.

EDIT: reflashed and same happened, goiong back to an october image which worked fine
    Last edited by ManikM; 04-11-2013 at 08:37 PM.

Thanks
    apparently you have to delete all existing crossepg data im retrying

Thanks
    didnt work, hopefully the vix guys will sort.

i dont beleive anyone can have got this working - i work in IT and i know im not doing anything wrong.

fresh flash image, no restore, deleted all EPG data, still get problem

Thanks
    Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,093 Posts
    Working Fine on my VU UNO

The same cannot be said for my VU DUO

Thanks
    yeah im gonna wait until they fix the bugs - gone back to an Oct image and happy with it.

i like the way it uses the free tuner now - in a way they now dont need the big UPDATE GRAPHICS, they could have an ICON in the top right to symbolise that its doing something, in order to maximise viewing...

Thanks
    sorry for not replying sooner, back on 16 hr night shift's so only now getting around to checking threads etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ManikM View Post
    surely u mean build 775?

edit: oh didnt realise this was in the VU+ section - phoenix will this be the same in XTREND image?

thanks!
    yes that was indeed a typo and i did mean build 775, sorry about that.

just flashed with new image, i see how it works now.

if u have twin tuners, 1 motor, 1 fixed - it goes off to the free tuner to download.

for me, its stuck on READING TITLES (READ 195KB) - good idea in principle, looks to be packed with bugs!

it did move on, but laggy as hell, reflashing before reverting to previous image.

EDIT: reflashed and same happened, goiong back to an october image which worked fine
    Can you provide a little more info about your setup such as which channel you were watching when you kicked the CrossEPG download in etc ?.

By this i mean was it on the fixed dish, as i think the problem here may be that it was trying to use the motorised dish to download the EPG and if it had to first move the dish that could be the problem. if possible try when viewing something on the motorized dish so that the EPG uses the fixed dish already positing towards sky.

apparently you have to delete all existing crossepg data im retrying
    Thats easy enough to do via a telnet session but all of my tests so far have been with virgin flashed images.

didnt work, hopefully the vix guys will sort.

i dont beleive anyone can have got this working - i work in IT and i know im not doing anything wrong.

fresh flash image, no restore, deleted all EPG data, still get problem
    It's working fine here on 7 different boxes but those boxes are all on sky feeds a mix of single, double and tripple tuner configurations. if you can provide a debug log of the times it has failed that would be a massive help to us.

Quote Originally Posted by ^^COMPASS^^ View Post
    Working Fine on my VU UNO

The same cannot be said for my VU DUO
    The Duo is a notoriously flaky system when dealing with EPG downloads due to it's well do***ented memory issues, try enabling a swap file when downloading the EPG again, I know we had a temporary swap file built into the EPG for just this reason, although i'm not sure if it's still present in this version ( something i think i'll ask andy about ).

yeah im gonna wait until they fix the bugs - gone back to an Oct image and happy with it.

i like the way it uses the free tuner now - in a way they now dont need the big UPDATE GRAPHICS, they could have an ICON in the top right to symbolise that its doing something, in order to maximise viewing...
    we're open to suggestions on such matters, and this current version is still W.I.P so we could see such changes in future versions.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to pheonix For This Useful Post:

ManikM (05-11-2013)

Thanks
    oh didnt realise this was in the VU+ section - phoenix will this be the same in XTREND image?

thanks!
    It's works the same on all boxes we support, works on all my Vu's and TM-OE boxes.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to pheonix For This Useful Post:

ManikM (05-11-2013)

Thanks
    Hi Phoenix,

Thanks for the replies.

I will have time to look at this properly at the weekend, i need a functioning box until then.

I could hear the motor move to 28.2 the first time, so that worked i guess. I was on channel5 hd when i was doing the crossepg update. I had a fresh image, with all hdd crossepg data deleted inc the folder.

I have xtrend 9200 silverline edition.

i tried two reflashes. without any restores of any kind.

do you know why on one of the updates im on (build 753) when flicking from sd to hd channels there is a moment while it adjusts the TV screen, and when switching to SD channel, the graphics go all low res?

although this is an irritance, my box is stable and works well.

when i updated to later images, before 775 my timers were hanging in the morning.

will be nice to have a stable box again, with the new cross epg, if u want me to test somethings, i can test furhter at the weekend, give me a list of things to try. i have a motorised setup on tuner A and sky 28.2 on tuner b

Thanks
    Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,093 Posts
    Updated my VU DUO to VIX 3.0 776 and EPG has populated fine today

Thanks
    ah theres a 776 now....

EDIT: not for Xtrend - yet.

theres a .778 now...but only online.
    Last edited by ManikM; 07-11-2013 at 02:34 PM.

Thanks
    update:

for info, for XTREND owners only - over on the VIX forum, i have uploaded a debug log = any build from 775 upwards CrossEPG is not working on the Xtrend 9200 model (not sure about other Xtrends)

looks to be a driver problem. stay away from this for now, unless you remove the new crossepg and install an old one.

its being looked at, but i dont expect a quick fix for this.