Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: wont boot up help please guys

Thanks
    9 pin cable - com 4
    just cant seem to get my box to talk.
    check and recheck of settings for the com, still no joy...ideas?

Thanks
    So what causes the crashes then? Yesterday I was under impression that the boxes crash when loading the config for IPTV (ipt file) and even developed a theory of my own on why that might be?? Todays reports would suggest that it was the ch lists thast are causing trouble to some users? Now I don`t know anything anymore. Assuming
    that I managed to load the patch and my list succesfuly should I be ok with loading IPTV file too? Reason I`m asking is I don`t want to be left without TV (I have the cable but won`t have access to a computer with Rs port on it for another couple of days, so I am being cautious. Anyone?
    Last edited by Roadrunner; 06-11-2013 at 06:57 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    So what causes the crashes then? Yesterday I was under impression that the boxes crash when loading the config for IPTV (ipt file) and even developed a theory of my own on why that might be?? Todays reports would suggest that it was the ch lists thast are causing trouble to some users? Now I don`t know anything anymore. Assuming
    that I managed to load the patch and my list succesfuly should I be ok with loading IPTV file too? Reason I`m asking is I don`t want to be left without TV (I have the cable but won`t have access to a computer with Rs port on it for another couple of days, so I am being cautious. Anyone?
    If you channel list is less than 4,000 it should be ok.
    I am having a nightmare talking to the box via a com cable!
    it just wont respond!

So hang fire until all the fixes are posted!

Thanks
    I have to admit that yesterday I thought that the reason for crashes is loading stuff in the wrong order (ipt before the ch list) or wrong file (test.ipt instead of IPTV.ipt as the way I understood the instructions is that we were meant to only use the test file to extract the lines from it and insert them to the IPTV.ipt file and load that one onto the stb. Could someone with a crashed box post which file they inserted to the box? Probably best to wait for solution as you said, but in the meantime I`m trying to see a pattern here

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    I have to admit that yesterday I thought that the reason for crashes is loading stuff in the wrong order (ipt before the ch list) or wrong file (test.ipt instead of IPTV.ipt as the way I understood the instructions is that we were meant to only use the test file to extract the lines from it and insert them to the IPTV.ipt file and load that one onto the stb. Could someone with a crashed box post which file they inserted to the box? Probably best to wait for solution as you said, but in the meantime I`m trying to see a pattern here
    There is no problem with .ipt files .
    The problem occurs from channel lists, probably capacity but we check for any other reason .
    We 'll give another patch without any issue soon .

V.I.P
    Thanks
    The problem is the channel list off channel editor. I have had to restore twice today. All is ok till I put my list in off the channel editor I have put the old patch in. And doing the list off the receiver all ok now. What a day lol. Drove me mad lol Thanks guys

V.I.P
    Thanks
    I was loading 5400 channels on my list.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by general Martok View Post
    9 pin cable - com 4
    just cant seem to get my box to talk.
    check and recheck of settings for the com, still no joy...ideas?
    If you use usb adapter you will not succeed it.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    So how do I load the channels on the receiver if not with USB What's the max channels with this latest patch thanks mate

Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by blackdevil View Post
    There is no problem with .ipt files .
    The problem occurs from channel lists, probably capacity but we check for any other reason .
    We 'll give another patch without any issue soon .
    I agree with the capacity part . I think this patch take a bit of room so has turned the 6000 into a 5 or 4000 and not all video formate can be played back on it with this patch. I blamed myself for people using my list but think If the patch was known to have issues then a warning note should have been posted with it. In no way am saying it's a bad patch and think the work on it is amazing. I believe is the extra lines and all that which determines if you can safely load 4 or 5000 channels but certainly not 6000

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by blackdevil View Post
    If you use usb adapter you will not succeed it.
    Thanks,
    I have a USB so I am about to try with a null modem cable on com 1

might be worth updating the sticky with this info to avoid the pain I have had!
    LOL
    thanks again.
    Last edited by general Martok; 06-11-2013 at 09:00 PM. Reason: missed section

Thanks
    there have been many threads on this forum over the last 10 years warning of the perils of using usb adapters with null modem cables

the advice has always been to use a proper pc or laptop with dedicated 9 pin com port built in, preferably running windows XP

that advice will never alter, I still have a hp desktop pc and an old HP laptop that can both do this as they are both xp and have standard FIFO com ports built onto the motherboards. these can and are used to reprogram boxes, routers and various other items in this manner

there is already a sticky thread about this in the spiderbox FAQ section

here https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...Com-port-setup

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hianta View Post
    I agree with the capacity part . I think this patch take a bit of room so has turned the 6000 into a 5 or 4000 and not all video formate can be played back on it with this patch. I blamed myself for people using my list but think If the patch was known to have issues then a warning note should have been posted with it. In no way am saying it's a bad patch and think the work on it is amazing. I believe is the extra lines and all that which determines if you can safely load 4 or 5000 channels but certainly not 6000
    As you can see, this is a complicated issue .
    We didn't realise this issue during our tests .
    As i said before we 'll give new patch .
    Last edited by blackdevil; 06-11-2013 at 09:57 PM.

Thanks
    I for one will now put off buying this box until problem is resolved,another concern is why rebuild software is so far in the past,xp is now in the past and usb has been around some time surely box makers should make repair via win 7 and 8 and usb a priority...I for one did away with xp products some time ago and I am not the only one..

Thanks
    the usb option depends on the os working and requires working drivers too, so when its not working usb is useless, you will see this on most pc,s and laptops as well

the ancient comms system is tried and tested and not dependent on the os or any drivers so is a common and simple method of repairing devices with comms ports, its is probably the simplest and most efficient method of achieving a complete reinstall of an os and always has been (its a lot easier than a jtag too, or desoldering a bios chip , reprogramming it and resoldering it back in situ)

its also worth pointing out that this situation is not unique to the spiderbox 6000 , its been the same for over 10 years with technomate , samsung , dreambox , vu , icecrypt and dozens of other boxes and equipment, including non-sat boxes like routers and consoles etc

I have been using electric drills all my life but you still see carpenters using hand drills and hand saws etc to get quality products, I even saw a sculptor on tv this week throwing pots on a non-electric wheel and using that old ancient building material called clay, its also what Kevin McCloud was talking about with his man made shed in a field and then on the coast near Hinkley Point nuclear power plant in Somerset.

its no excuse to say you no longer have the tools required to do a job or task - that is a cop out - sorry

and in case you are wondering, I still have my tools from when I was an apprentice aged 16 , and have some of my great grandads carpentry tools from when he was a proper cabinet maker , carpenter and joiner over 100 years ago

sometimes the old ways are the best ways - so dont dismiss them

( you dont see the people on "the walking dead" or "revolution" dismissing the old trades or skills like crossbows , swords , knives and starting a fire with a swizzle stick !! - or Ray Mears for that matter )

you could own a rolls royce, but if it doesnt start you may still be on "shank`s pony" to go get a bottle of milk from the shops, so dont go throwing away your hiking boots just yet

Thanks
    FUNNY many years ago my boss waited for years for a rolls royce,when he got it it broke down 3 time in 3 weeks with a flat battery,and went back to the dealer 3 times to find fault ,the third time they had it for a week and told him they had finally found the fault ,a faulty switch in the glove box which did not turn the light off ,running the battery down.they returned the car to him, he refused it and bought a range rover,I also would have still got my old tools if someone had not broken into my van and stolen all of them. we can all live in the past but some manufacturer of these boxes must be able to make a usb to ...*** lead and give it as a part in the kit.my old xp gear is in some third world country,ups maybee they are making software for sat boxes..with it..

Banned
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JOE.MADDISON View Post
    I for one will now put off buying this box until problem is resolved,another concern is why rebuild software is so far in the past,xp is now in the past and usb has been around some time surely box makers should make repair via win 7 and 8 and usb a priority...I for one did away with xp products some time ago and I am not the only one..
    This box Is well worth the money! If you don't want IPTV OR RSS OR 3G DONGLE SUPPORT then don't load the patch simple? If you do then make sure your channel list is between 4000 and 5000 until the the problem is sorted.
    As for xp I run and rebooted on wind 7 and as already stated com port works for all boxes as most of us know from experience lol
    So there is no need to worry about this box and like most boxes , If you don't think you need a patch .. don't load it.
    Look at the positive side of things? We now have a recovery file for this box. ( thanks blackdevil)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    This box is great. It's an adventure. And learning all about satelite. This is great when you get great help from all you guys. Thank you den

Thanks

Icon13 Still strugling

I am using a computer on XP with dedicated com port 1 and dont know what to put at the stage cant see it in pdf[ATTACH]undefined[/ATTACH]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by satpaul View Post
    I am using a computer on XP with dedicated com port 1 and dont know what to put at the stage cant see it in pdf[ATTACH]undefined[/ATTACH]
    Read instructions :
    https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...560#post890560

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast