Thread: Information about the DSR 9500 A VIA CI

Thanks

Information about the DSR 9500 A VIA CI

Hi everybody,

I'm completely newbie at this and I got a samsung receiver DSR 9500 A VIA CI. These are settings in the system info page of the receiver.
    Loader: 707
    Main Soft: 133
    Hardware: 535
    So my question is to you guys..
    Can I do something with this receiver or should I just throw it away and buy a Dreambox?
    Thank you so much for your help..

Sincerely
    Govinda

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    very little you can do with those old boxes, so my advice is use it for FTA channels and buy a VU HD box or a spider 6000 HD

3. The Following User Says Thank You to echelon For This Useful Post:

Govinda (02-11-2013)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by echelon View Post
    very little you can do with those old boxes, so my advice is use it for FTA channels and buy a VU HD box or a spider 6000 HD
    Thank you very much for your answer..
    So the effort or the time to put some emu in it is just waste?
    What's the very little thing that I can do?
    Cheers
    Govinda

Thanks
    I do not believe you can patch that box, as its very old, my old samsung 9500 viaci was bought more than 10 years ago and could be patched but I do not believe yours can be patched, so no emu , unless any of the old patches still work ? (even then you wont get very much with a softcam)

I got rid of mine over 5 years ago so cannot answer your questions, but you are welcome to read through the old threads on our samsung forum here, but I doubt you will get any help due to the box being so old

so to repeat myself, USE IT FOR FTA CHANNELS and buy a modern HD box that can be patched, that is the best use for your money

6. The Following User Says Thank You to echelon For This Useful Post:

Govinda (02-11-2013)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by echelon View Post
    I do not believe you can patch that box, as its very old, my old samsung 9500 viaci was bought more than 10 years ago and could be patched but I do not believe yours can be patched, so no emu , unless any of the old patches still work ? (even then you wont get very much with a softcam)

I got rid of mine over 5 years ago so cannot answer your questions, but you are welcome to read through the old threads on our samsung forum here, but I doubt you will get any help due to the box being so old

so to repeat myself, USE IT FOR FTA CHANNELS and buy a modern HD box that can be patched, that is the best use for your money
    Okay sir will do that,
    I live in sweden so the spiderbox is not available here. Could point me to receiver that will do the work and still be fairly cheap?
    I have thought about either a Dreambox or a VU+. Maybe there is some other that I haven't seen yet..
    So were should I start then and which receiver should I buy. I'm only watching via Satellite and cable. Main channels are the indian channels on 28.5E and the swedish channels at Thor/Sirius. With a emulator I might able to see the crypted channels or not but I do need a new receiver.
    Thanks again for you replay.

Thanks
    we are a uk based forum with a supplier based here in the uk, so I am not about to give you or anybody else information relating to other countries or other retailers either (its banned in the rules if you read them)

I already recommended that you buy a VU receiver, so thats all I will say on the matter

we cannot allow recommendations on what you can buy in your own country, so use a swedish forum if that is what you prefer to know