Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MUTV on 10E

Thanks
    I have had this 11547V channel on since around 12pm and no problems here with signal or anything else , watched a doc about mark hughes, currently showing a talk show with the managers press conference showing in the background

Thanks
    Something is wrong with his setup/cables etc.
    Too many issues from TM6900 to new TM5402 something is wrong somewhere.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney View Post
    no Signal here whatsoever on 11647 v ??
    what symbol Rate you have for that freq plze Coastman ??
    Hi barney i have it scanned in with 1614 and as mentioned really strong signal. Just seen you already know this but can also confirm the signal is on 24/7.
    Last edited by Coastman; 01-11-2013 at 05:05 PM.

Thanks
    That's amazing Coastman mate, because its CERTAINLY NOT on here in North Lincs 24/7! lol!!

Thanks
    Had my dish, dish motor, settings all checked last week by a very respected satellite installer - and all were SPOT ON, so all I can assume is that it MAY have something to do with my location - and thanks again manic01, but why not pop in for a cuppa and check for yourself mate!

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Did you check on those frequencies I gave you, TV Disco, 13E, 11642 H 27500or the German FTA Sports channel on 19E, 12480 V 27500?
    These are well known to be affected by DECT telephones.
    I still can't believe that you will lose the signal due to your location, especially as you do not lose other frequencies, on 10E.
    I would check for some other reason, which could include interference.
    Have you tried a different receiver, if you have one?
    Do you have anything else, in the wring system, like a V-Box II positioner, if so try running a cable directly from your LNB, to receiver, including bypassing the motor.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    i can receive this perfectly with a good strong signal,but this was not always the case when using a VU+ box

before about 12months ago i struggled with this channel simply because the drivers in the box were not very reliable at those very low symbol rates.it was very hit and miss if i received the channel or not,just as it is now for holmroad.

then after VU released a driver update all was well for me just like it was for many other people and the channel can easily be recieved 24/7 without issue.

so i would suggest its his box and how it handles very low and very high symbol rates and i would check for any driver updates for it.or if you wish to know definitively,try another box.

Ian.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickha View Post
    Did you check on those frequencies I gave you, TV Disco, 13E, 11642 H 27500or the German FTA Sports channel on 19E, 12480 V 27500?
    These are well known to be affected by DECT telephones.
    I still can't believe that you will lose the signal due to your location, especially as you do not lose other frequencies, on 10E.
    I would check for some other reason, which could include interference.
    Have you tried a different receiver, if you have one?
    Do you have anything else, in the wring system, like a V-Box II positioner, if so try running a cable directly from your LNB, to receiver, including bypassing the motor.
    Thanks for you suggestions mate, I will look into what you say here - but I have no extra devices in my system in the lounge (bungalow!), only my TV, TM5402HD M2, Slybox, Panasonic Blue Ray player and Panasonic audio system wifi system & control unit!
    Funnily enough MUTV was always fine on my TM6900HD Super with this same configuration, its only since I've been on my 5402 I've fouind these issues - mind I do know there have been KNOWN issues re low s/r's with either hardware OR software on this model as other people have reported them elsewhere (@manic01, my friend - e.g. pls see Zorch's comments!)

Seriously, I DO hear what is being said here, even the cabling etc suggestions, because I do realise that no matter how well something is set up it can 'drift' away from original settings with weathering, wind, etc - but as I say I'm as certain as I CAN be that my set up is as near as!
    I may actually try going back to patch 101P from the latest 110P, just to see if THAT helps at all - sorry Ech I do realise this theory is TM orientated, but it DID start in the Biss Section for obvious reasons mate!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ian View Post
    i can receive this perfectly with a good strong signal,but this was not always the case when using a VU+ box

before about 12months ago i struggled with this channel simply because the drivers in the box were not very reliable at those very low symbol rates.it was very hit and miss if i received the channel or not,just as it is now for holmroad.

then after VU released a driver update all was well for me just like it was for many other people and the channel can easily be recieved 24/7 without issue.

so i would suggest its his box and how it handles very low and very high symbol rates and i would check for any driver updates for it.or if you wish to know definitively,try another box.

Ian.
    Thanks for that ian, but I dont have a VU mate, so cant blame that!!

Thanks
    strangely enough, I was beginning to suspect that he had DECT phone issues but it seems he does NOT own a DECT phone (or hasnt admitted to owning one)

this also shows how a subject can go off topic because its clearly not a biss key issue, so I shall separate it into its own thread in the TM forum

I do find it strange that others with the same box seem to get the channel ok (like manic01 and barney), as do other members with different boxes like me

it sounds like its either a box issue or a dect phone issue, and boxes are always dependent on the images produced for them which have the drivers included, especially in bespoke boxes like the tm

the best test would seem to be putting a non-TM box on the feed and testing it properly, by using a completely independent and different make and model of box you eliminate or prove the TM angle

ie:- if it worked on a vu or spiderbox or icecrypt or similar boxes then you would know its not a DECT phone or LNB or installation issue (its called fault finding by substitution)

I am not surprised nothing worked on the quattro as its a completely different type of lnb , a QUAD is what would be used in that case (or a single or twin) , but not a quattro

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by holmroad View Post
    Thanks for that ian, but I dont have a VU mate, so cant blame that!!
    youve missed my point entirely matey.

i was trying to state the problem was down to drivers and how they handle very low symbol rates,the fact that i am using a VU box is an irrelevant one.
    so,to test this you need to try with another box or find yourself more up to date drivers/software.

Ian.

Thanks
    @Mickha:-

"Do you experience any problems on any other channels, like TV Disco, 13E, 11642 H 27500or the German FTA Sports channel on 19E, 12480 V 27500?"

Just tried these mate - and both coming in fine, TV Disco on 13E at 86% and Sport 1 FTA German Sport channel at 89% on 19E loud & clear!
    At the moment MUTV on 10E is coming in at 73% but pixellating badly, but its mega sunny here today so maybe that's making it better than it usually is on cloudier days anyway?

As for Ian's point, I have already stated that MUTV came in fine at all times on my 6900HD Super, so surely that answers THAT query anyway?

Not sure what a Dect phone is anyway, but I do have three cordless Panasonic phones all linked on a base unit in the bedroom - so does that affect my TM do you think Ech?

Anyway, I will try a different patch on the 5402 when I get chance (as we KNOW there are low s/r issues with latest patches with certain boxes), but will try it when I get chance and report back guys - but thanks again for all your suggestions/advice, its much appreciated AS ALWAYS!!!

V.I.P
    Thanks
    no it doesnt !

ive already stated that before VU updated the drivers MUTV came in for me intermittently.
    sometimes it would,sometimes it wouldnt,which is exactly the problem you are experiencing now.

Ian.

ps a DECT phone is exactly what youve just said you have in the 3 cordless phones linked to a base unit,but these usually effect the high frequency ranges in each band on a sat boxes tuner.
    Last edited by ian; 03-11-2013 at 02:50 PM.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Your picture shouldn't be pixeallating, at 73% quality, unless affected by something.
    Try disconnecting your telephones, by unplugging it from the electric supply, then see if the picture improves.

Thanks
    surely if you do not know words or acronyms then you google them , to find out what is meant - not just ignore the words because you dont know what they mean ?

your panasonic cordless phones ARE dect phones , and you never mentioned them at all when you listed your equipment in post #28

and dect phones can affect certain frequencies which has been pointed out numerous times in this thread

Thanks
    Try skew your LNB it should improve signals on MUTV Feed
    87% here on a fine and Sunny Sunday afternoon .

---
    Barney

Thanks
    Thanks guys - really appreciated!! Tried switching off all three DECT phones by disconnecting them altogether, power, tel line etc - plus moved dish W & E in short bursts (skew) but still no signal for me at all on MUTV 11547V 1613!
    (Did have slightly pixelating picture during day though which was at least SOME improvement, maybe as it was so sunny!)

Never mind, I don't any more - will carry on life without MUTV on 10E - least its ok on 30W and 28E!! lol!!

Thanks
    Thought " SKEW " was rotating the lnb in it`s bracket, not moving the dish east - west with motor.

Thanks
    It is...............

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12