Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spiderbox 9000 HD Still keeps re-booting.

Thanks

Icon8 Spiderbox 9000 HD Still keeps re-booting.

Help Please.
    I got a Spiderbox 9000HD secondhand knowing it had this fault and I have loaded the recovery tool 8 times now via null modem cable (could not get the USB/RS232 to work) everything loads fine, all OK for upto 20 mins. then starts re-booting again. I have downloaded the recovery tool 3 seperate times, just in case, but still the same. It doesn't matter what stage of sw I load either, still re-boots, any ideas? or is it time it went to the BIG Spiderbox in the sky?
    Thanks Milkman.
    ps If I dissconnect the lnb/aerial the box does not re-boot!!!!
    Last edited by milkman; 20-02-2012 at 04:32 PM. Reason: mistake and omited info

Thanks
    My spider9000hd occassionally reboots but only on certain channels, one of the orange movie channels is the main culprit, as soon as i select it I get a reboot, which is nasty as it boots up on the same channel and reboots again, have you tried a different channel list or got it down to certain channels?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to steviejb For This Useful Post:

milkman (20-02-2012)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,353 Times in 1,398 Posts
    Try using the recovery tool. load the latest patch but Do Not load any channel list. Instead scan the satellite your are on, for FTA, Free to Air, channels, then see if it re-boots.
    Also have you checked your LNB connections, and cable, to see if it is causing a short?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mickha For This Useful Post:

milkman (20-02-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,016 Times in 2,265 Posts
    @steviejb

Have you made a note of the channels that cause the receiver to reboot, load your channel list to PC, then using the channel manager delete the channels that are causing the reboots, then load your modified channel list back to the receiver.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Aldo For This Useful Post:

milkman (20-02-2012)

Thanks
    If it's only happening when the LNB is connected it sounds like you have a short.

Try the following....

Power off receiver at the mains.

Unscrew the F-Connector from the LNB input.

Remove the F-Connector and check the outer copper sheild isn't shorting against the inner copper core.

Replace the F-Connector onto the coax.

Reconnect the F-Connector to the LNB input.

Power on receiver.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to LeeGW For This Useful Post:

milkman (20-02-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,700 Times in 1,823 Posts
    Strange the person who sold it had same issue as well?
    Maybe dodgy tp causing issue.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to manic01 For This Useful Post:

milkman (20-02-2012)

Thanks
    Thanks to all of you for your advice, have tried the box on a different LNB still cut out but I will check the connections anyway, it is not a specific channel either, and I have loaded the recovery tool, latest patch, and search on Hotb only. But I will try all again, nothing ventured.......... !!!!!
    Once again thanks to all of you for your help.

Thanks
    Hi milkman, i find this interesting as i had the same problem on a protek 9600ip which
    i dont use now but never got to the bottom of so i will follow this thread with intrest.
    Hope you get it sorted.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to toothfairy For This Useful Post:

milkman (21-02-2012)

Thanks
    might be faulty capacitors in the power supply

16. The Following User Says Thank You to JOE.MADDISON For This Useful Post:

milkman (21-02-2012)

Thanks
    Hi, I have disconnected the F connector, all seems OK,(85%min strength & 80% min quality), relaoded the recovery, factory re-set, loaded Nov 11 patch, factory re-set, manual sat. search(on H/Brd), all OK for a few mins, then started re-booting again!!!! So maybe manic01, or JOE.MADDISON you have the answer? Anymore information greatly appreciated.
    Once again many thanks, Milkman.

Thanks
    JOE.MADDISON could be on the right track as it could well be a power supply fault on the rail supplying voltage to the LNB, would help if you could determin H or V polarisation, might be worth a peek inside the STB for any visual sings of blown capacitors, .

19. The Following User Says Thank You to roybach For This Useful Post:

milkman (22-02-2012)

Thanks
    Hi roybach, I was very interested in your suggestion, but no luck still re-boots H or V, still stops when I dissconnect the F-connector, I did notice the box gets very warm around the F-connector, so in desperation I put a BIG cooling fan blowing on the box and all was normal!?!?! no re-booting, so it's quite likely to be a power fault, I am going to have a look tomorrow(can't tonight been to the Pub), so thanks for all the help I will keep you all informed. Milkman

Thanks
    Might pay to check the centre peice of copper on your F connector is not to long and touching something it should not and also the outer plastic is insulating properly. Reference the heat try turning on in a dark room after you remove cover might be able to see if shorting out which might account for the heat close to the F connector. One other thing to cause heat is when a certain cam is introduce i take it you have checked the slot, my Spider got very hot with the Diablo cam fitted i could smell burning had to pull the cam out very smartly, when i switched on my box for a few days the smell was still there thought it would die but thankfully still okay.
    Last edited by johnhenry; 22-02-2012 at 11:14 PM.

Thanks
    Hi johnhenry, There are no cards or cams connected, as for the F-connector I have checked this with a x10 magnifying glass and all seems OK, I took the top off this morning and all looks OK no smell or anything, so still would like any ideas or suggestions.
    Thanks, milkman

Thanks
    In thread #1 all OK for upto 20 mins. then starts re-booting again. might be when the fan switches on which would be around that time after switching on. Could try watching with cover off to see if fan starts up causing it to reboot, might be a short on the fan.

Thanks
    Replace electrolytic capacitors in 18v supply to lnb.Check if 18v regulator is overheating, if it is replace it as well.I assume you have already checked cable feed to lnb & lnb for s/circuit.

Thanks
    Hi harrycoates6, Yes thanks for that info, I will have a look, can anyone identify the components for me?
    Many thanks, milkman.

Thanks
    Hi johnhenry, There's no fan fitted.
    Thanks milkman.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to milkman For This Useful Post:

johnhenry (25-02-2012)

Thanks
    Thanks milkman you have cleared something up, ive alway assumed it was a fan in my Spider turning on and off when i had the receiver switched on as i could hear the fan, Spider and the Sly boxes are next to each other, but obviously my sly box even thou it was in standby the fan must have been still switching on and off and that was the fan i could hear.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to johnhenry For This Useful Post:

milkman (25-02-2012)

Thanks
    I did a Google search with the question ' Satellite reciver keeps rebooting ' and found most answers were exactly as stated on this thread. I noticed you have already done an LNB change with no change however if your cable down has a fault changing LNB would not help. Have you tried your cable on another receiver and or have you tried running a spare cable from your dish to the receiver dont know if you have motor or is it a fixed dish see if your dish has a motor moving dish might cause a fleeting shorting problem in your cable thus causing the reboot, strange thou because you and the person you bought from both having the the same problem has got to be very slim. As you have stated it does not happen when dish not connected so this is the erea that needs sorting. If you have Sly box might be an idea to try cable from mini dish and see what happens !

31. The Following User Says Thank You to johnhenry For This Useful Post:

milkman (25-02-2012)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast