Thread: LG Smart TV with built in sat decoder - question!

V.I.P
    Thanks

LG Smart TV with built in sat decoder - question!

Guys,

I just bought a LG Smart TV the other day for using with my NAS - while setting the TV up I noticed it had a sat TV input direct from an LNB - I plugged this in and was given loads of options, ie USALS etc - anyway to cut a long story short- while scanning I was given the option to scan for free channels or paid channels - I just chose free and the sat picture was awesome and all the channels I pick up on my vu+ duo 2 were there so the tuner was pretty sweet.

Anyway as paid TV requires a card/cam - the TV has a pcmcia slot on the side - are there any pcmcia cams that would fit in this TV and allow me to use cccam or oscam etc? or am I just best streaming my vu+ duo 2 to the TV via my android box?

Cheers.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    diablo wifi flashed with underworld will do the trick .

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Thanks, I'll have a read up on that m8 - cheers.

Thanks
    If I had a VU I wouldn`t bother going the Diablo route at all. VU pretty much covers all I would need from the sat. If I had a TV with built in sat tuner I would put up mini dish and use it for FREESAT ( to expand the freeviews offering meaning I could watch some additional freesat channels while the vu was recording something from some other sat etc. The built in sat tuner and a CI slot on the tv also would be useful to someone with payg services from some foreign providers that provide the cards with a cam (some friends of mine use the panasonic Tv with polsat cams+cards, and some with a conax cam and TNK cards).

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    why would he bother doing that when he could get the free channels from a aerial with all freeview included, from what i understand he is saying his tv gives awesome HD and he wants to watch direct from the tv rather than duo2.

Thanks
    Yeah just been messing with the built in sat tuner on my LG Smart Tv and its quite impressive. Got a blind scan function as well. The common interface works well with a viaccess cam and card as well. Not bad if you wanna use a cam an card from a euro provider. Never bothered with it before and I've had the tv about 5 months.

Thanks
    mrdude did you manage to find a suitable cam for your tv c1+ -- can anyone confirm that a diablo cam will work in work in c1+ interface.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kendes View Post
    mrdude did you manage to find a suitable cam for your tv c1+ -- can anyone confirm that a diablo cam will work in work in c1+ interface.
    No I haven't gotten around to it yet as I have been working away and just got home yesterday.

Thanks
    Tried Dragon cam in my Panasonic Smart TV TX-65 VT30, no luck at all with it, so maybe LG does better here than the Pannie:number-one-043:?

Thanks
    tryed both cams in mine to try and unscramble bulsat but wont decode any idears
    steven338uk

Thanks
    My flat m8 got a LG 32LB580 tv the other day. it's the new 2014 tv series . hooked it up to the satellite dish and he can see his home country channels ( focussat on thor 0.8W ) with a connax cam and official card. SD and HD worked well .
    The only downside he saw was the channel list can't be saved , and channels can't be deleted

Verified Registered User davorp's Avatar
    Thanks
    How much Diablo wi-fi cam cost, and can it be used with any TV that has DVB-S capabilities?