Thread: has anyone got the icecrypt s3700 triple tuner model, does it do enigm

V.I.P
    Thanks

has anyone got the icecrypt s3700 triple tuner model, does it do enigm

I need a box with RF modulator and they are very scarce, by accident I stumbled upon the icecrypt s3700 triple tuner but as its the first I heard of it, have a few Q's. Can I use any enigma2 image? which is best? Is this a dual boot thingy ie got spark embedded?

And is it any good at the price? Is it easy to use? Or is there a better box with scart and rf modulator? And with a dvb T tuner?

Not seen a full spec yet.

Thanks
    i would never buy an icecrypt again after my exp with the s4000 - after months and years of firmwares failing to do what it was supposed to

if u do get one make sure the current software which it comes with DOES what it should do, then the rest is a bonus

im sure m4pl1n5 do a standalone (or maybe e84y) rf modulator mate so u could use any box....or dont u have an old VCR which u could use?

Thanks
    Couple of screen shots below.

I've got the s3700 and the stc6000 & gave my s4000 to a family member. To be fair, the s3700 is a very capable box running spark. I've had a couple of crashes but other than that has been running fine. The channel changes are generally quick and the airplay feature has a few niggles but honestly is worth having (saves having an apple tv). You can either have the channel names or their picons setup in the channel menu's & also has an open server within the menu to download updated plugins which saves having to route for your usb.

Yes it is a dual boot receiver (spark & E2) but has to be changed manually with the front panel buttons. I haven't actually tried the E2 side of things as off yet but have heard good things about it. The reason for not trying it myself is due to the spark firmware working great and the oscam plugin for spark is amazing. So far *touchwood* I haven't had 1 glitch using a line. Have recorded a movie of sly premier whilst watching nat geo wild and no problems with either. The recordings do not record the subtitles but do give you an option to search on net and download instantly via the remote. Have tried twice; 1 worked spot on and the other brought up the wrong movie. This is for both the icecrypt recordings or your own movies that you want to play back via hdd/usb. However the receiver is fussy which files it will play (some mkv files played whilst the others either failed to play or the receiver froze requiring a hard reboot). The epg downloads via the F1 button (crossepg) and does a great job saving to the external hdd. You also have the option to set a wake up time for the receiver to wake up, download the epg and go back into standby. The freeview's epg *I think* is downloaded straight from the broadcasters and is almost instant.

You also have the option to go into spark portal and download apps like filmon, euronews, **** etc etc.

What I do hate is the layout of the fav menu. It is setup exactly like the openboxes with the $ sign next to paid channels which is a let down as it makes it look cheap. Box is also very fussy with what wifi dongle you can use (I've tried 3 which none off em work but do work with the other icecrypts that I own...go figure).

After that little rant would I recommend this box...Yes. Is it worth the cost...Yes. Would I swap it for my s4000...Yes. Would I swap it for my stc6000...NOPE lol.

IMG_0957.JPG - freeview channel list
    IMG_0958.JPG - freeview showing info bar
    IMG_0960.JPG - sat channel list
    IMG_0961.JPG - on screen fav list (hate it)
    IMG_0962.JPG - menu
    IMG_0964.JPG - picons list
    IMG_0965.JPG - epg for all channels
    IMG_0966.JPG - epg for 1 channel
    IMG_0968.JPG - Net Services
    IMG_0969.JPG - Portal (apps)
    Last edited by blakmumba; 10-10-2013 at 05:29 AM.

Thanks
    IMG_0970.JPG - portal apps continued
    IMG_0971.JPG - spark software update
    IMG_0972.JPG - plugins update
    IMG_09591.jpg - freeview epg (sorry forgot to upload this lol)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Have you tried Filmon. Does it work ok?
    Will it load XBMC and run it?

In a few weeks all the UK FTV channels will be lost to southern Europe. This may be Plan B.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by buck401 View Post
    Haven't tried it yet buck as I've never been into all that (same with trying to get it working on the stc6000 for you remember) but once I've finished work i'll check and report back. You have my word mate.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    thanks for a great and detailed reply, that stc6000 is quite expensive, i want a box like the s3700 that will run enigma2 images but that is not the case with the s3700 the benefits of rf out and scart and dtt tuner made it look ideal for my plan.

back to the drawing baord.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by buck401 View Post
    FilmOn works (below screenshots) through spark. Have heard that XBMC plugin will work with e2 image but haven't got that far myself. Installed the Hyperion H2 image and all working fine with epg, auto bouquets etc etc but the green screen of death decided to show its ugly head. Reminded me of the S4000 f/w.32 where you were scared to press a button incase it throws a fit. Got several green screens with just going into hard drive or checking plugins. Spoke to several other e2 users who advised I *might* need the image re-installing but now have lost my usb stick so another has been ordered which should arrive on Monday so touchwood will re-test again and report back.

Sorry for the delay but has been hectic at work.

IMG_0979.JPG

IMG_0980.JPG

IMG_0981.JPG

IMG_0982.JPG

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gbmitie View Post
    thanks for a great and detailed reply, that stc6000 is quite expensive, i want a box like the s3700 that will run enigma2 images but that is not the case with the s3700 the benefits of rf out and scart and dtt tuner made it look ideal for my plan.

back to the drawing baord.
    S3700 does run E2 images but I honestly cannot say wether they would run stable or not due to the green screens I got and until my usb storage stick doesn't arrive I am unable to test.

Thanks
    HDMU images work perfect on the s3700.. I have mine running and recording to ext drive aswell.. Would recommend..

V.I.P
    Thanks
    yes HDMU seems to be the one of choice but I want a box to try quite a few images, ie keep it close to PC.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    My TSmedia in HDMU will not work on live feeds. It appears that "librtmp is not loaded" I cannot find this in the updates.
    Any help appreciated