Thread: Spiderbox 6000 hd

Thanks

Spiderbox 6000 hd

Hi I'm new to the forum and hopefully someone can answer my question I have my tv on the wall with one hdmi cable coming from my tv to my onkyo amplifier with other devices plugged into the amplifier like bluray sky etc. so my question is can I plug my spiderbox directly into my amplifier via hdmi also. It's probably a dum question. As my tv is on the wall it would be difficult to run a scart lead from my tv to the spiderbox.
    Help would be much appreciated

Thanks
    I have no idea about your onkyo so cannot answer that question

but I can tell you that you can buy hdmi switches, both manually operated or remote control operated, some even have an auto sensor to detect the "live feed" (from the box you powered up)

I and my family use these when there is only one or very few hdmi sockets on the tv, and my lad is similar to you in only having one hdmi socket on his tv going to his media console, so he uses a 5 way , manual or infra red operated hdmi switchbox in order to control which box is sending hdmi to his tv, as he has a spiderbox , sly plus HD box , sony dvd recorder, xbox360 and ps3 , so needs to be able to switch between them all

my bedroom tv has one from fle bay that is a 3 to 1 switch, and detects the incoming live feed and sends it up the common to the tv, it doesnt need a psu and has a button on it in case you need to switch it manually by pressing it until you get the correct feed (if more than one box is powered up). I have to do this because the toshiba tv in my main bedroom only has one hdmi input on it, but has a vu duo and sony dvd recorder and an android box currently plugged into the 3 inputs, with the one output plugged into the tv

my spiderbox is also plugged into one of these switches in my "office" so there is no doubt that you can use a spiderbox with these multi-switches and a hdmi tv (or any other satellite box or console or similar device with a hdmi output on it)

so my advice is buy a hdmi switchbox of a type you are comfortable with and fit it on the hdmi lead from the tv, and connect your HD boxes to it using suitably long hdmi leads
    Attached Images Attached Images

V.I.P
    Thanks
    or if we knew the model number of the onkyo amplifier we could then look at the rear of it and see how many hdmi ports it has. if it has one spare then plug spider into that one = simples.

Thanks
    Thanks very useful lucky for me the chap that installed my new motorised dish and spiderbox today knew his stuff but thanks for the help

Thanks
    Thanks for all the help I have one more problem I have recorded several programmed OK but when I tried to record one for my wife a Greek channel mega it keeps saying invalid record any help would be much appreciated.