Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Feedback: new Phantom patch 755P 28/8/13

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Not really I just used the advanced search to delete the transponders before doing the blind scan because it's the only way I know to delete them. Perhaps there is an easier way but I don't delete transponders very often. With advanced search you can as you say search prevoiusly used transponders individually. You can also manually enter transponders and delete existing ones.

Let me try to explain my train of thought.
    Doing a factory reset is a great way to clear all your data and make sure all memory has valid data in it. If after the factory reset you re-load data from your channel list file it may contain some data which is invalid in some way as far as the new patch is concerned. Phantom would always try to make the data compatible between patches but sometimes it is not possible or he may have simply made a mistake.

Your results suggest there is a problem in the patch but since I do not see the problem there may be a way around it without having to wait for the next patch.

What I want to do is prove my theory. I think it would be a good idea if you could let me have your channel list so I can load it and see if I get the same problem as you. Perhaps you can post the file here or PM it to me. I am working night shift this week but I should be able to find some time to have a quick look at it.

Thanks
    I see what you mean mate, its only the TRANSPONDERS we are deleting in tha Advanced Search first, THEN carry out Blind Scan - so I will try that and report back!
    Its also a bit odd though that other satellites are Blind Scanning fine - so maybe there is some sort of corruption in MY 1W listing which the deletions will obliterate - PLUS I'll still have my backed up Channel List!:respect-067:

Thanks
    And you an ex moderator on a satellite forum lol

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stroker View Post
    Not really I just used the advanced search to delete the transponders before doing the blind scan because it's the only way I know to delete them. Perhaps there is an easier way but I don't delete transponders very often. With advanced search you can as you say search prevoiusly used transponders individually. You can also manually enter transponders and delete existing ones.

Let me try to explain my train of thought.
    Doing a factory reset is a great way to clear all your data and make sure all memory has valid data in it. If after the factory reset you re-load data from your channel list file it may contain some data which is invalid in some way as far as the new patch is concerned. Phantom would always try to make the data compatible between patches but sometimes it is not possible or he may have simply made a mistake.

Your results suggest there is a problem in the patch but since I do not see the problem there may be a way around it without having to wait for the next patch.

What I want to do is prove my theory. I think it would be a good idea if you could let me have your channel list so I can load it and see if I get the same problem as you. Perhaps you can post the file here or PM it to me. I am working night shift this week but I should be able to find some time to have a quick look at it.
    Hi mate - deleted all the transponders one by one, thus leaving 1W with NOTHING left!
    Then I Blind Scanned it from scratch - yet it STILL stopped at 22% etc!!
    So I noticed that at 22% it had stopped on 11675V, so again (I'd done this next thing before anyway!!) I did a part 1 scan to 11675V (11515V being the last channel actually stored), which meant I now have a grand total of 769 new channels after adding part 2 (from 11690V) scan of 369 scanned on! lol!!:respect-067:
    Last edited by holmroad; 14-09-2013 at 01:01 PM.

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    HI mate - just checked and from the last time I scanned I do not see any transponders between 11525V and 11727V.
    I looked on Lyngsat and it shows only 3 feeds on 11677V, 11682V and 11687V in this range and also one on 11673V.
    So I would say you are probably not missing anything important.
    For now I think you will just have to put up with it the way it is.

It would be interesting if you could do a blind scan after a factory reset and without loading your channel list.
    This would prove if it is something in you channel list file which is upsetting things.
    But I am beginning to think you could be wasting your time for little if any benefit.

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    FYI ********* show a Tandberg feed transponder on 11675V SR4423 using a spot1 beam.
    They also suggest I would need a 90cm dish to receive it so my 80cm is not big enough.
    Maybe this is why I don't see the problem you have.
    Why would the signal from that transponder cause the TM to hang up?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stroker View Post
    FYI ********* show a Tandberg feed transponder on 11675V SR4423 using a spot1 beam.
    They also suggest I would need a 90cm dish to receive it so my 80cm is not big enough.
    Maybe this is why I don't see the problem you have.
    Why would the signal from that transponder cause the TM to hang up?
    Thats interesting mate yes - as I have a 1.1M dish, maybe it could be that?
    I did notice that after I'd deleted all the transponders I seemed to have a 'zero' line left at the end which I couldn't delete, yet the satellite (now minus any channels) had certainly 'ceased to exist' on the channel list from which you select which channel to select to go to next - i.e. instead of freq etc showing in various 'lines' there were all zeroes, if you see what I mean?:respect-050:
    I certainly could post here MY Channel Lists, both before and after deleting and re-scanning 1W, but not sure if you'd see anything of interest anyway mate?

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    I agree I don't think there is any point of me seeing your channel lists.
    I think we have proved that patch 755p has a problem with transponder 11675V on 1W.
    Since you know a way around the problem for now I don't think there is anything else we can do apart from hope that Phantom may fix it in the next patch.
    I am pleased that I can clear Eurosport1&2 on 7E at they seem to be in English at least most of the time.
    The zero line you saw after deleting all the transponders I think is normal, I'm sure I had the same.

Now what are the other problems?
    I still have PVR troubles I think I may try a solid state hard drive or maybe deleting a lot of my old recordings may help.
    I thinks I have seen jerky problems on some HD UK Freesat channels not that there are many of those!
    That's all I can think of at the moment. Anyway back to work tonight, life's a bitch!

Thanks
    PVR is fine on mine mate - espec from EPG!
    Thanks for your useful feedback and interest though - its been really interesting AND heartening as I'd started to believe I was going slightly mad as Freddie would have sung!! lol!!!:respect-067:

Thanks
    Have been running 755p for 2 weeks now and have found to be good- Thanks.
    PVR recording fine from EPG and manual settings.
    Only slight niggle is that on replaying/using progress bar to move guickly, the audio can chop for up to 6 seconds before settling, sometimes had to pause/play to sort. Has peen present on quite a number of patches but liveable with.
    Checked "Blind Scan" on 1west leaving original transponder list and 4Mhz step OK.
    Rechecked having deleted transponder/channel lists using 1 & 4 Mhz steps, OK. (Used CT 318 to edit).
    (11,675V was not active when I did the tests so it may have a non standard transport stream).
    8281 OK. Have not noticed jerky pictures on this version, but the cure on earlier versions was to hit the "Menu" button twice to cure
    So well done.

Thanks again
    Ken H

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    Hi holmroad,
    Just a thought, 11,625V would be the first channel after the LNB Osc switch at 11600. I wonder if either your LNB is at fault, or the settings are slightly out ??

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamrag1 View Post
    Hi holmroad,
    Just a thought, 11,625V would be the first channel after the LNB Osc switch at 11600. I wonder if either your LNB is at fault, or the settings are slightly out ??
    Good suggestion mate, but used my brand new black inverto as recommended by numerous colleagues on Pimps on two occasions and my former white Sharpe LNB on another occasion, so don't THINK its down to LNB mate!
    As for settings, which one(s) exactly please?:respect-013:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kenlhuk View Post
    Have been running 755p for 2 weeks now and have found to be good- Thanks.
    PVR recording fine from EPG and manual settings.
    Only slight niggle is that on replaying/using progress bar to move guickly, the audio can chop for up to 6 seconds before settling, sometimes had to pause/play to sort. Has peen present on quite a number of patches but liveable with.
    Checked "Blind Scan" on 1west leaving original transponder list and 4Mhz step OK.
    Rechecked having deleted transponder/channel lists using 1 & 4 Mhz steps, OK. (Used CT 318 to edit).
    (11,675V was not active when I did the tests so it may have a non standard transport stream).
    8281 OK. Have not noticed jerky pictures on this version, but the cure on earlier versions was to hit the "Menu" button twice to cure
    So well done.

Thanks again
    Ken H
    Hi Ken I may also revert to patch 755P - do you mean the 28/8 or the 29/8 one mate - as CS Link on 23.5E not working with Beta Test patch 013P I'm currently on!
    However my other cause for concern is that you are stating that you HAVE successfully Blind scanned 1W which had also stopped for ME at 22% - as with 013P - but to be fair I hadn't actually used Blind Scan on 1W for ages anyway so not sure WHERE or WHEN (patchwise) it had begun to occur!
    Thanks for your very useful/comprehensive feedback as requested though mate!:respect-055:

Thanks
    Hi Holmroad,
    Was using the second 455p issued on 29/08/2013.
    I have to admit I very rarely use blindscan, but seeing you had had trouble thought I would check it.
    Re 8281 not using 23e.

Ken H
    Last edited by kenlhuk; 17-09-2013 at 06:41 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kenlhuk View Post
    Hi Holmroad,
    Was using the second 455p issued on 29/08/2013.
    I have to admit I very rarely use blindscan, but seeing you had had trouble thought I would check it.
    Re 8281 not using 23e.

Ken H
    CS Link is a package on 23.5E mate, which DOES open ok with patch 755P and latest softcam! So nothing to do with 8281 for this point mate!!:cup-006:

Verified Registered User Italtony's Avatar
    Thanks
    Just to confirm CS Link on 23.5E working 100% using Diablo 2 cam so it's the emulator in the patch not working

Thanks
    Yes of course we all knew that lol

Verified Registered User Merliin's Avatar
    Thanks
    I have tried patch 7.55p but several issues including Blind Scan function not working as it was intended lead me to go back to 7.53p but Bulsat not working on this version? so will go back to an earlier patch

The Blind scan works best on a much earlier patch that I will attempt to find I think it was Dec 2010 ?
    Last edited by Merliin; 19-09-2013 at 11:12 AM.

Thanks
    After a furter test of 7.55p went back to patch 7.35p issued 8th Dec 2010

Blind Scan works very well for example:- Transponders close together do not overwrite the previous transponder symbol rate,

24.5 west 11674 V 27500 NTA ect only appears once in the found channels window instead of duplicated as with all patches after 7.39p

Bulsat works ok 39 east but ORF,MTV ect not clearing on 19.2 east neither do channels on 23.5 east, all Biss ok after 2 factory resets I may go on to try 7.38p later but for now I will stick with 7.35p.
    Last edited by Merliin; 19-09-2013 at 11:19 AM.

Thanks
    TM6900HD Super+ Now trying 7.37p Bulsat ok, ORF ok,MTV Rocks ect ok,no encrypted clearing on 23.5 east,5 east nordic tv ok on all patches,CCcam disconnect after 20 min,

Blind Scan works just as well with 7.37p as it did with 7.35p so this will do me for now as I mainly use this receiver for quick feed hunting,

I do hope that this feedback helps for further upgrades improvements as 7.53p & 7.55p the latest patch needs a few more modifications to improve the receivers performance.
    Last edited by Merliin; 19-09-2013 at 03:15 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast