Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Feedback: new Phantom patch 755P 28/8/13

Thanks

Icon13 Feedback: new Phantom patch 755P 28+29/8/13

I have today downloaded and started to test out Phantom's latest TM6900HD Super patch 755P, with the following MAJOR issue found when attempting to Blind Scan:-
    Feedback patch 755P:-
    Initial finding is that on my TM6900HD Super using new patch 755P the Blind Scan is completely 'shot' = dreadful, as it stops at 22% of search then the receiver total freezes up and a cold reboot (switch power off/on at back toggle switch) is only way out of it!
    - this is first time I've had MAJOR probs with Blind Scan on TM6900HD Super, so I'm hoping the previously inherent issue experienced with other TM receivers this past year or two - e.g. TM5402HD etc - hope this issue has not been passed on into patch 755P?
    Please correct this error Phantom, as this means I canno longer Blind Scan AT ALL and will have to enter frequencies etc from Lyngsat etc totally MANUALLY!!
    This is surely unacceptable?
    NB: Tried three different scan frequency 'interval' settings, 4MHZ, 2MHZ and 1MHZ - yet all froze up receiver at exactly the same point (22% scanned):Angryfire
    Last edited by holmroad; 27-09-2013 at 11:21 PM.

Verified Registered User
    Thanks

Phantom patch 755

Loaded Ok for me but requires stb to be switched off and on again.

Does what it says, although some people may be disappointed with the new channel line up as the cryptoworks emu does not clear any premium channels.

Major bugbear for me with this and the previous patch is the inclusion of the switchable remote software. If you have two different TM series machines they constantly swop depending on the remote you are using. There seems no way to lock each one down to its correct series setting.

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    @holmroad - In view of your problem with 755p, and having a few hours to spare this morning, I Loaded 753 Patch by the recommended method then Tested the blind scan facility on 3.1 deg Sat. It found some 38 channels in around 35 minutes. I then deleted all the channels found, then installed 755p as per the usual method. Retesting the Blind Scan again with 755p it found some 49 channels in 33min without any problems. so in my case there is no problem using the Blind scan on 755p. From your description of the problem you experienced with the 755p Blind Scan, I wonder if you reach the maximum channel storage capacity of your memory when you reach 22% Scan ?. Have you tried deleting some of your stored channels then trying Blind scan again ?

Thanks

Thanks
    Gosh, you wait all year for a new patch and then THREE come along all together...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KnockJohn View Post
    Gosh, you wait all year for a new patch and then THREE come along all together...
    When the Receiver is died ..is in the technomate way do noise-advertise...release 20 patches olds just change names and dates...to show stb is still a life do not matter if those patches ( are tested ) working or no.. Trust me from experience...lol

Thanks
    On my TM6900HD Super:-
    As well as the impossible Blind Scan scenario, where scan totally freezes up receiver after 22% of scan every time regardless of scan interval selection and which has only EVER happened with patches 755P mks 1 & 2.
    Plus I even tried splitting the Blind Scan into first 21% (up to freq 11560V) then 23% (11580 V to end) which ended up giving me over 700 new channels - and almost the same as I've been getting on 1w for years in ALL previous patches!
    We also still find that Premium TV HD channels on 28E freeze up after 30-45 minutes, but audio continues!

SCT HD on 13E still freezes up immediately, yet audio continues!
    Also when you first boot up after loading patch, then when you select 8281 for first time to open .... the first '''' states 'open' then whole TM6900HD Super freezes up and cold boot required to get it going again - on/off power required with rear toggle switch!!

Good points:-
    xxxxxx Softcam works ok with 755P to open D..Tur. on 7E SD channels
    Opens ORF SD & HD on 19E
    Opens CS Link 23.5E SD channels but NOT HD ones
    Opens Bulsat remaining Irdeto 2 channels on 39E

So still several important issues to fix please Phantom.:respect-048:

Verified Registered User Italtony's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KnockJohn View Post
    I agree but then it continues with one bodged patch after the nest with additional deterioration of other aspects which on previous patches were OK, as for me 753p works half way decent without reverting back to the old faithful 726p which personally I think is the most efficient patch of them all. I totally agree with what Darkman wrote and YES, be careful what you load because it might just be the last patch you load before your receiver goes in to a condition best known as R.I.P. None of the releases are digitally signed so you just don't know what your truly getting and it's a game of roulette your playing with your receiver.
    Code:
    Perhaps Darkman could consider a small comeback and create one stable patch
    whereby everything works 100% flawlessly (EMU's are not essential) just a perfect
    working patch an update of the 726p would be a miracle.
    Well that's my view on this current poor situation of patches, my view round-up:

Stay with Patch 753p until a confirmed better solution is at hand and don't load anything unless your 100% sure what your loading

A BIG THANK YOU HOMROAD for putting your receiver at risk when testing patches...now lets hope this awful situation gets sorted and not that we have to wait another year?

Thanks
    @Holmroad

Just for you m8 I installed 755p and took the risk if only to discover what the issues are, I can confirm that there are NO blind scan issues with me as I did complete a full blind scan on 7 East achieving a total of 317 TV & 13 radio channels...so I guess it works?

Hope this helps...

Verified Registered User bamber's Avatar
    Thanks
    I have the 6800HD rather than the 6900HD and last night I loaded the latest 753p patch (note that the patch numbers are no longer in sync for the two models) and I noted one oddity at 7E, where Intimacy and Playboy TV both appear twice in the channel list. That duplication, in itself, is not unusual but, in each case, one of the channels works fine while the other causes the box to crash as soon as it is selected. I couldn't even delete the troublesome versions, because the box crashed as soon as I selected them in the delete channels menu. I'll try again during the day when those channels aren't broadcasting.

Also, I did find a few channels clearing at 1W.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Italtony View Post
    @Holmroad

Just for you m8 I installed 755p and took the risk if only to discover what the issues are, I can confirm that there are NO blind scan issues with me as I did complete a full blind scan on 7 East achieving a total of 317 TV & 13 radio channels...so I guess it works?

Hope this helps...
    Thanks for trying Tony - that IS very interesting and I DIDNT try any other than 1W which is a big satellite for transponders/channels. so I will try 7E today, but my point is that I personally have NEVER had Blind Scannin 1W major probs on all patches prior to 755P but have now!!
    I will report back mate!:respect-055:

Thanks
    These patches wont kill your stb.
    Theres always a way back if the worst happens which it shouldn't
    As these boxes are obsolete you are lucky to have any 3rd party support.
    Code:
    http://www.technomate.com/support/obsolete-models/

Thanks
    Blind scan worked fine with 7E Tony - so its obviously something thats suddenly appeared with patch 755P which hadnt happened on previous patches when scanning 1W!
    I am only reporting what I personally find here - ok I keep being reminded that its an obsolete receiver, but so what, if a things worth doing..............???? lol!!!:respect-067:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by manic01 View Post
    These patches wont kill your stb.
    Theres always a way back if the worst happens which it shouldn't
    As these boxes are obsolete you are lucky to have any 3rd party support.
    Code:
    http://www.technomate.com/support/obsolete-models/
    Not really 'lucky' mate - in my opinion its part of a manufacturers responsibilty to its customers to continue to provide software updates, but not getting drawn into THAT one yet again mate!! lol!!- :nopity:

Thanks
    No mate 3rd party updates are nothing to do with TM as they are illegal.
    Only official TM updates are from TM
    This goes for any supplier.
    These boxes are old, how old is yours?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by holmroad View Post
    Not really 'lucky' mate - in my opinion its part of a manufacturers responsibilty to its customers to continue to provide software updates, but not getting drawn into THAT one yet again mate!! lol!!- :nopity:
    even if TM provided support for your box, it has nothing to do with this thread as this thread is about 3rd party phantom patches and not about official firmware

anyone wishing to discuss official TM firmware needs to start a new thread about it so that it can be discussed in a different "light" to those wishing to discuss "pirated software patches" like the phantom ones

the point here is that if you have an "obsolete" box that is no longer supported by the manufacturer, you have to think of being "lucky" that somebody is still breathing life into it with 3rd party non-technomate patches

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by echelon View Post
    even if TM provided support for your box, it has nothing to do with this thread as this thread is about 3rd party phantom patches and not about official firmware

anyone wishing to discuss official TM firmware needs to start a new thread about it so that it can be discussed in a different "light" to those wishing to discuss "pirated software patches" like the phantom ones

the point here is that if you have an "obsolete" box that is no longer supported by the manufacturer, you have to think of being "lucky" that somebody is still breathing life into it with 3rd party non-technomate patches
    We are lucky true enough very lucky in-fact but breathing life in to a box as you mentioned for sure but releasing botched patches are two different things in my view

Thanks
    7e works though

Thanks
    could I use this patch for my 6800 hd non super as we haven't had an update for the non super boxes for ages or could one of our learned friends rework it to suit atb reddevil

Thanks
    No just the super versions.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast