Thread: A few q's - streaming to XBOX 360, Vix settings, chan lists

Thanks

A few q's - streaming to XBOX 360, Vix settings, chan lists

So, following on from my 'got a solo 2, what next' thread I finally went ahead and had a motorised dish fitted.

To be honest I was expecting a lot more FTA channels, especially on other satellites, but there you go.

Been playing around setting it up and a few questions about different topics have arisen, hope they can be answered.

1) Streaming recorded programs to XBOX 360.

VU box is in 1 room and Xbox 360 in another. I noticed on the USHARE plugin/setup there is a tickbox to stream to an XBOX 360, however when I try this the xbox reports 'no films found'. It can see the 'Solo2' on the network, along with my Nas, but cant find any progs to stream (I can stream through VUCC/Web IF to a laptop just fine)

I've checked the path of the recorded progs and am sure this is correct, the only other thing I can think of is the xbox can't play the format of the VU recordings (whatever format it is) - but why would USHARE have an option for Xbox 360 if thus is the case?

2)Is there any way to turn off the 'live preview picture' when you are looking at the EPG or channel list, so that the epg/list fills the screen?

I thought i'd switched off all 'preview' settings in the various places but the live preview still appears - i'm running VIX 3.0e

3) Channel lists - Using a CATSEYE enigma 75e - 45w (13/8/13) file. I've found another one in the channel list section that was just a 'football' channel list. If I FTP this to the VU will it overwrite the CATSEYE one or can I switch between the two?

4) I'm using a combination of cross epg and the 28e autoboquet maker (but really like cooltvguide, but it doesnt seem to work) - anyone got any other recommendations?

Think thats it for now, sorry for the long post but if I can have a few of these answered i'll almost be a happy chappy!

Thanks.

Thanks
    Anyone?

Banned
    Thanks
    1.) Xbox cannot play E2 TS files. You'd need to convert them to AVI's first using codecs the 360 understands.
    2.) Change the skin.
    3.) If you upload a new channel list it will overwrite. You cannot switch between the two but with a little effort you could spend some time in DBEdit and customize your own list to include what you require. You could also merge the two. For example you could copy & paste the channels you want from the Footie list and paste them into Catseye list to a new bouquet of your choosing.
    4.) I never use Cooltvguide as I prefer crossepg because it suits a simpleton like me but I know cooltv works if you keep the EPG updated. Have you configured your EPG downloader and updated the EPG at all?

Try the latest Black Hole image. It's much more versatile, has far more features and support and is far more configurable than V*X AND you can make backups that actually restore.

I also like the VTI image for the DUO2. It has a great skin but is again no where near as featured as BH.

The above comments are my own opinions and not intended to insult developers nor offend anyone.

Last edited by donki; 30-08-2013 at 06:31 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks.

1) I suspected this, but wonder why there is a 'tick box' for the xbox 360 in there.

2) Will give it a go.

3) Might had a look at that when I get some time.

4) Cross epg is scheduled to download/update each night.

I tried BH at first and quite liked it, but something made me keep VIX instead, maybe i'll take another look at BH.

Another question then - If I re-flash to BH will I lose all my motor/sat settings (as these were set up by the chap who installed the motorised dish)?