Thread: The Awesome Duo2

Banned
    Thanks

The Awesome Duo2

Been a couple of weeks playing with this superb machine but yet to find an image that I am completely happy with. For the moment I have stuck with VTI which has such a cool skin.

I only have a couple of gripes so far. The play/pause key on the new Duo2 RCU does nothing whatsoever. This is a bit like what was happening early on with the Azbox ME and was resolved by editing the keymap xml. Sadly this does not work on the Duo2.

Next is that I seem unable to restore a backed up image via USB from any image I have tried so far (BH, VIX,VU open & VTI). This is rather annoying when one has spent a good few hours getting the image to ones liking only to find it will not restore. I am hoping that I might just be doing something wrong or missing something when I transfer the back up to USB but it's giving me a seriously sore head. Is appears to reflash OK but then hangs when trying to boot beyond the bootloader.

UPDATE: I think I may have just cracked the re-flash issue by keeping the core files and only updating the two backup bins on the USB.

USB wireless keyboard & mouse combo not working. Work aok on my cheap 800SE clone but not on my mega expensive Duo2 even though listed as compatible (2.4GHz devices). Perhaps something missing in the configs?

Anyone have any ideas about these or is there an image that I have missed where this is all working?

Apart from the above this STB goes beyond my wildest dreams. Fast & Furious!
    Last edited by donki; 16-08-2013 at 06:41 PM.

Thanks
    VU+ Have introduced a backup feature which you should see soon in new releases, also there is a fix for play/pause in recent drivers which you wont have in VTi but is in the latest BH image.

No idea about the mouse as I have never found the need for one.

Thanks
    I would think that all these niggles are a lack of actual drivers in the main, possibly the image builders will update the drivers in due course as they do the "snagging" and "second fix"

hopefully it will be as sonic1 reports with fixes for these niggles and its good to have feedback that identifies such problems for the image makers to look at ( perhaps you could try reporting back to those guys ? , maybe the beta testers havent got your kit to test ? )

Thanks
    beta testers only had the stolen grey illegal imports, :biggrinjester:

on a serious side ive only run the bh image on mine never really seen the point of using multiple images, of course that will be once you are happy with one.

dont forget beta testers did not get the same remote so may not be a problem with theirs.

Thanks
    @cosworth.

Whats the Tuner sensitivity like on the duo2 hooked up to the CM1.2 compared to your other receivers

Just Curious

Thanks

Thanks
    im pretty sure the solo2 and the dm800 use to lose signal / break up at about 35% , the duo2 seems a bit lower at 30%.

but dont hold me to the earlier figures.
    Last edited by cosworth4x4; 16-08-2013 at 10:13 PM.

Thanks
    Got my duo from goldwafers came Thursday not had time to play with it yet. Got a jsc card and irdeto cam, will have a good play tomorrow as a bit new to vu.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cosworth4x4 View Post
    im pretty sure the solo2 and the dm800 use to lose signal / break up at about 35% , the duo2 seems a bit lower at 30%.

but dont hold me to the earlier figures.

Thanks for that i forgot to ask was that using the new Plu & Play dual tuner card or are you working on the original single single tuner card that was originally produced in the Uno & Ultimo.

I know my Solo2 when i had it depending on SR and FEC would go as low as 24% as is say though that was all dependant on the TP properties of the channel i was viewing and was highly impressed even with the onboard tuners of the Solo2.

It looks like the Duo2 could surpass even that looks very promising

Thanks again Cosworth for the quick analysis

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanks everybody.

Yes, confirm pause/play is aok on BH and also the stock image after doing an online update. Only reason for the mouse & keyboard was to use within the web browser but not sure where it is on BH. Will continue the quest on the morrow.

Not had this much fun for years!

Quote Originally Posted by sonic1 View Post
    VU+ Have introduced a backup feature which you should see soon in new releases, also there is a fix for play/pause in recent drivers which you wont have in VTi but is in the latest BH image.

No idea about the mouse as I have never found the need for one.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by digicon View Post
    Thanks for that i forgot to ask was that using the new Plu & Play dual tuner card or are you working on the original single single tuner card that was originally produced in the Uno & Ultimo.

I know my Solo2 when i had it depending on SR and FEC would go as low as 24% as is say though that was all dependant on the TP properties of the channel i was viewing and was highly impressed even with the onboard tuners of the Solo2.

It looks like the Duo2 could surpass even that looks very promising

Thanks again Cosworth for the quick analysis

it has 1 Twin Tuner , had a play about earlier to check it does seem to vary on different channels but about 30% is the lowest i can get it before break up starts ,some channels 35%
    Last edited by cosworth4x4; 17-08-2013 at 08:39 PM.