Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: IPTV general info ?

Thanks
    I thought sky go also worked on android too (am sure there is an android app for this) ?

the mx2 has a hdmi port and plugs directly into the tv

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by echelon View Post
    I thought sky go also worked on android too (am sure there is an android app for this) ?
    yes it does have it on kids nexus 7.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cosworth4x4 View Post
    yes it does have it on kids nexus 7.
    yeah, I have installed it on my nexus 7 too

just havent got around to finding my sly login details yet in order to access it

in which case it should work on an mx2 as well

Thanks
    These systems are closed?
    Looking to have a play using a PC emulator - but don't think it's going to work

Verified Registered User rodlogic's Avatar
    Thanks
    I have sky go installed on my HTC phone but it won't run on my Acer A501 tablet (10.1 ") and I guess it never will - am also looking for Android HDMI stick (shame Chromecast isn't available here yet)

Thanks
    Hi

Ok let me weigh in with my opinion on a dedicated iptv box - namely the super iptv box (english) - it can be had for around £300 (maybe a little more if you get stung with customs & vat ) - and it has approx 90-100 channels - a mix of hd and sd - all are in english - some have chinese subtitles at bottom - but programmes all in english.

The good thing about this box is it isnt just sports but also has film and entertainment and news channels as well........it has fox, hbo, universal channels etc - the picture quality goes from poor internet stream quality to very very good hd quality.

There are a range of sport channels which show epl including 3pm - new channels are added all the time - at beginning of last season 6 new channels were added for all the epl games.

No dish required - just a broadband connection or wifi - would recommend min 4meg bb - but obviously the faster the better.

No monthly payments - it comes with 12 months viewing activated - renewals are approx £75 a year - system been around for a few years so offers some security that its not going to just disappear.

Major thing to be careful of when importing one is that you get one with a remote control in ENGLISH (!)

Overall its a really good box with a good selection of channels that you can take anywhere (even on holiday) - even without the epl channels.

Dave

Thanks
    I also have a second box arriving later today thats a different iptv system - so will report on that in the next few days - hope this helps some people.

I have also seen a uk/ireland based iptv system thats approx £400 - £479 to buy and then £250 a year to renew - its main selling point is the al jazeera channels - but it just seems too much money to be honest - and has no movies etc on it either........but will keep an eye on it.

Dave

Thanks
    Al Jazeera IPTV channel lineup changed today.

Now +1 +2 +3 +4 HD1 HD2 HD3 HD4 HD5 HD6

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteswan View Post
    Hi

Ok let me weigh in with my opinion on a dedicated iptv box - namely the super iptv box (english) - it can be had for around £300 (maybe a little more if you get stung with customs & vat ) - and it has approx 90-100 channels - a mix of hd and sd - all are in english - some have chinese subtitles at bottom - but programmes all in english.

The good thing about this box is it isnt just sports but also has film and entertainment and news channels as well........it has fox, hbo, universal channels etc - the picture quality goes from poor internet stream quality to very very good hd quality.

There are a range of sport channels which show epl including 3pm - new channels are added all the time - at beginning of last season 6 new channels were added for all the epl games.

No dish required - just a broadband connection or wifi - would recommend min 4meg bb - but obviously the faster the better.

No monthly payments - it comes with 12 months viewing activated - renewals are approx £75 a year - system been around for a few years so offers some security that its not going to just disappear.

Major thing to be careful of when importing one is that you get one with a remote control in ENGLISH (!)

Overall its a really good box with a good selection of channels that you can take anywhere (even on holiday) - even without the epl channels.

Dave
    Yes, i have seen these advertised, but wasn't sure about them, but you give a fair description.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phylos View Post
    Al Jazeera IPTV channel lineup changed today.

Now +1 +2 +3 +4 HD1 HD2 HD3 HD4 HD5 HD6
    Are these changes on IPTV now or are you just talking satellite ?

V.I.P
    Thanks
    I've Just won a little black box,which I recieved yesterday,basically its a box which runs xbmc natively(for anyone who doesn't know),Got to say a great little box,very small and also has a nice remote with remote buttons on one side and a qwerty keyboard on the other.There's a few things which they are ironing out(remote issue),but they have a full support team and there own forum,btw the rrp is 99.00.but I was lucky to win one,so very happy
    cheers
    kmc

Thanks
    i had a mess about with a pi a month or so back running xmbc, it worked fine for viewing the films etc , but was just way to slow getting there .

it may have been the sd card it was on as came pre loaded off the bay.

did not stay connected for very long :001_07:

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kmc View Post
    I've Just won a little black box,which I recieved yesterday,basically its a box which runs xbmc natively(for anyone who doesn't know),Got to say a great little box,very small and also has a nice remote with remote buttons on one side and a qwerty keyboard on the other.There's a few things which they are ironing out(remote issue),but they have a full support team and there own forum,btw the rrp is 99.00.but I was lucky to win one,so very happy
    cheers
    kmc
    I have been keeping my eye on this box.

Is it better for XBMC on this box against say XBMC on an Android TV box ?

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rigsby View Post
    I have been keeping my eye on this box.

Is it better for XBMC on this box against say XBMC on an Android TV box ?

haven't tried xbmc on an android box,however tlbb is runs xbmc natively,and works really well,Granted there's a couple of little niggles but the team are well aware of them and are in the process of fixing them,bearing in mind this is the first product from them,they have done really well
    cheers
    kmc

Thanks
    I've run XBMC on Winblows, Mac, Linux, Pi, Dreambox
    It's slow and clunky
    It's a personal thing, but me no like!

Thanks
    Hi been messing around with my now tv box got plex on it and using Plex Unsupported AppStore have now got netflix working going to try icefilms and 1channle next all this for £10
    going to order another one to see what in side and if it can be jtaged

Dave

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rigsby View Post
    Are these changes on IPTV now or are you just talking satellite ?
    These are on IP. I think they cost $135 a year about £93 at the mo. You need a middle east proxy to sign up and something like s openplay smartDNS at $5 a month. Quality on my lappy looks good and I can play it to my TV thro' my HDMI output

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by scallywag View Post
    These are on IP. I think they cost $135 a year about £93 at the mo. You need a middle east proxy to sign up and something like s openplay smartDNS at $5 a month. Quality on my lappy looks good and I can play it to my TV thro' my HDMI output
    considering this now,is it in HD quality or thereabouts ?,so i basically pay monies to join up and can stream to my PC from the website .eliminating the need for an iptv box or other streaming device,,do i need the proxy just to sign up or do i need it to veiw also ??

checked out the website,,only thing for me having been a bit spoilt by HD footy the match they are streaming free looks lower than SD quality wise
    Last edited by simon 2003; 07-08-2013 at 01:35 PM.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by scallywag View Post
    i think you are mixing things up with the online service.

I know satellite have launched the HD channels, but i was just wondering if those with a set top IPTV box has also
    had their channels updated to include the HD ones.

I have an IPTV box from last December & at the moment its still just +1 to +10 still just in SD.

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    whats the best iptv box to go for to view aljazeera premier league footy ?.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast