Thread: Televisions feedback - Which is best?

Thanks

Televisions feedback - Which is best?

Very soon hoping to get a new 46/47" tv and done some research on which models i should go for and narrowed it down to four of the top end latest models from panasonic, samsung and sony and would appreciate any feedback from members on these regarding picture in sd/hd, audio especially and anything else good or bad that may be relevant. Currently hava a Plasma but as you can see from list wish to change to Led.
    models:
    Panasonic - Tx-L47DT65B
    Panasonic - Tx-47WT65B
    Samsung - Ue46F8000ST
    Sony - 46W905A

I keep changing mind which is why i want to put this out there as need to get it right for the money to be spent.

Thanks
    Very personal, like Audi/BMW/Mercedes,...they are all good.
    I was a Plasma guy until I saw a 46" Samsung 8000 Led.
    It was stunning and when I connected my Solo2, it is the best picture I have seen anywhere.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dark Cloud For This Useful Post:

Coastman (25-07-2013), echelon (25-07-2013), sonic1 (30-07-2013)

Thanks
    I have a Samsung UE40d with smart intergrated excellent buy

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skem4 For This Useful Post:

Coastman (30-07-2013), sonic1 (30-07-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,293 Times in 1,498 Posts
    I have the Samsung - Ue46F8000ST arriving on Friday, set one up for my father in law and just had to have one.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to sonic1 For This Useful Post:

Coastman (30-07-2013)

Banned
    Thanks
    55" LG passive 3D Smart LED TV. Nice box but no DVB-T2 grrr. Also have a 46" Smart Sammy in the bedroom which is just plain LED and again no DVB-T2 grrr. Both are brilliant however but this is not surprising as both are Korean.

Don't believe all the anti-3D hype. It's the dogz and much better at home than in the cinema. Only downside is that material is limited and the 2-3D technology, although reasonably good, could be much, much better.

If you are getting one now it may be worth considering one with DVB-T2 if you feel it a need but in all honestly what is on in HD on Terrestrial is available via sat anyway.

My advice is to take your time and make your own mind up. You have a shortlist so, if it were me, I'd go out and spend some considerable time in shops trying each one out before I bought. Panasonic have a great rep but I think you will find they OEM a lot of their products to LG (Korea) & Tatung (Taiwan). Each manufacturers SmatTV is somewhat differently presented though the content is much the same. So it's a case of which you prefer. If I was buying now I'd be sorely tempted by Panasonic but Samsung's GUI & 'Kinect type feature (gimmicy I know) would push me over. So it would be another Sammy for me.
    Last edited by donki; 30-07-2013 at 11:26 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to donki For This Useful Post:

Coastman (30-07-2013)

Thanks
    From the posts so far it looks like the samsung is winning hands down as this was also my initial first choice. I have viewed and been given demo on them all in local shop also read reviews in mags but before going for the samsung if there is anyone with the other three models mentioned would like some feedback on them especially the sony as this was my original second choice.

Thanks
    Interesting to read all your comments, I will be looking at a new TV in Australia at the end of this year.
    I searched some online Ozzie stores and found the Samsung models were UA not UE, further searching reveals that there is also UN and the letters mean Asia/Australia, Europe or North America.
    Anyway I have only experience of a relatively old Samsung LCD and an LG LED smart TV. I did notice when searching there are some cheap plasma TV's advertised. Does this mean Plasma TV's have fallen from favour? It doesn't seem too long ago that a forum member here was taking the **** and giving me a hard time for not having one.