Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Poor audio through hdmi

Thanks
    No difference for me either.

Thanks
    Give us a little time .
    We will be back to this .
    I personally have low audio level but not poor audio quality in my TV so it needs more investigation .

Thanks
    What I find annoying is the difference in volume on sky arts 1,it seems much louder than other s*y channels

TJ1

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ1 View Post
    What I find annoying is the difference in volume on sky arts 1,it seems much louder than other s*y channels

TJ1
    Some channels are broadcasting with louder or weaker audio level ,it doesn't depend of receivers , that's why we add in last patch audio channel level .
    We will fix it better in next patches .
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (178.3 KB, 31 views)

Thanks
    I have the audio problem with the Spider 6000 HDMI. Its very tinny and the problem maybe that the connections for stereo are out of phase. There maybe some cancelling of sound ? Just a thought, any audio engineers on the forum?

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    i have had same problem.on philips tv sound was terrible,tried sat receiver on sony/samsung/lg tv all ok.Replaced 6000hd with dreambox all ok.definite problem with audio on certain tv's

Thanks
    theres a sound fix patch for 6000 on the vas### forum

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JOE.MADDISON View Post
    theres a sound fix patch for 6000 on the vas### forum
    It has been already posted here but we still investigate problem .

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...876#post881876

Thanks
    In my case the 6/08/13 patch makes no difference. The sound through hdmi is still weird.

Thanks
    Read my post no.19
    I have low audio sound but not weird .
    You would give me a clue what you mean .

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by blackdevil View Post
    Read my post no.19
    I have low audio sound but not weird .
    You would give me a clue what you mean .
    The tone of the audio is tinny high end frequency, no bass, not natural sound, lacks projection and is totally different than any other audio source put through HDMI to my TV. In comparison to other audio components it is unnatural and nearly unbearable to listen to. As I mentioned in an earlier post it's like certain frequencies have been cancelled out, perhaps because the sound channels are out of phase? Hope this helps
    Last edited by renibacterium; 19-08-2013 at 10:19 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by renibacterium View Post
    The tone of the audio is tinny high end frequency, no bass, not natural sound, lacks projection and is totally different than any other audio source put through HDMI to my TV. In comparison to other audio components it is unnatural and nearly unbearable to listen to. As I mentioned in an earlier post it's like certain frequencies have been cancelled out, perhaps because the sound channels are out of phase? Hope this helps
    same as this ^^^^

Thanks
    Just to advise that ive just changed my sb 9000 to a sb6000 today using the latest patch & the sound is indeed terrible as described .....

"The tone of the audio is tinny high end frequency, no bass, not natural sound, lacks projection and is totally different than any other audio source put through HDMI to my TV. In comparison to other audio components it is unnatural and nearly unbearable to listen to. As I mentioned in an earlier post it's like certain frequencies have been cancelled out,

This is through a HDMI direct from sb to tv. Will try with another cheaper hdmi & advise if it makes any difference. A big problem I would say,although I appreciate you have stated you are looking into this.

UPDATE....

Just tried with a cheap HDMI lead & unfortunatley made no difference whatsoever. Its almost like listening to something like a netbook with no added speakers !
    Last edited by viduka; 05-09-2013 at 05:48 PM. Reason: update .

Thanks
    Maybe it`s just me (old fart and all) I like it just the way it is. Could be that I take it for what it is, excellent value for money stb. Sound isn`t that bad if you think of how much you spent on the box. I agree, it could be better, that is why if you have out of this world sound system and brand spanking new TV you are better of with a VU (but expect to pay a lot more for it) For less than 90 pounds the sound could have been a lot worse and I would still say is good at the price.

Thanks
    Hi Roadrunner. Im certainly not nit picking over this for the sake of it & I think you do the sb brand a disservice to try and make out that people should just accept this because the sb is good value for money . From what other people have said it seems to be just a issue via HDMI so surely that would suggest that a problem exists. No one is going to connect via scart if they have a hd tv.
    Ive had various bits of equipment over the years through a tv & ive never heard anything that sounds like remotely this before, literally no base at all. Ive just put this through my modest sound system (still via hdmi through the tv & out to speakers) and the subwoofer does not appear to register anything. Changing from the 6000 to my tv freeview the sound difference is massive, same with my skybox. I cannot believe that the box was built to sound like this even for less than £90.
    I have the sb brand at heart (just changed from a 9000) when I make these comments. If this is a problem for a lot of people then news will spread & no others will purchase, which in turn will mean no further development for this box.

Thanks
    I still don`t get it. There is no problem with sound whatsoever here. Maybe you got a faulty stb or something . Mine works ok. And that is via HDMI->tv, Via the sound system it is even better. If there is something wrong then by all means it should be investigated, but I voice my opinion that it is OK here, both on the Telly and the Pioneer sound system

Thanks
    As i stated in my previous posts i don't have this problem ,i can agree that audio is a little low but no noisy for me either .
    Not having this problem make us another problem for investigating it and give you a quick solution .
    So we are still working on it .
    You can use optical for now .

Thanks
    Blackdevil, in view of the fact that some people do not have this problem, do you think that its a faulty batch of recievers ? If so, do you think I should be be sending back the sb for a replacement (not sure if they would go for this as I have patched it ? ) or do you think that it can be solved with a software update. I know its hard for you to give an opinion, but what would be your view ? Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    No do not return it .
    We are working for a solution with software update .
    Probably an incompatibility with some TV ......
    Still investigating .
    In any case i will inform you for this issue as soon as possible .
    Just use optical for now .
    Last edited by blackdevil; 06-09-2013 at 05:22 PM.

Thanks
    Great little box.

Unnatural sound HDMI must channel thru Yamaha Rx-V1700 amp.

Pity it was released on the market too early, ie. not fully fuctional and work in progress still ongoing.

Bit miffed.

Regards

Ps did not purchase for iks ( still to try this ) bought because of card reader
    Last edited by skomedal; 06-09-2013 at 10:21 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast