Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OpenATV firmware need advice anyone else using it?

Thanks

OpenATV firmware need advice anyone else using it?

My Azbox premium plus was gathering dust I only use it for feeds so I decided to try E2 again, I managed to download the latest OpenATV firmware and have the following problems.

1. There doesn't seem to be a motor option for using Diseqc 1.2 in the tuner settings I can only see Usuals setting, I use a G-box so I am using it as a single on 19.2 at the moment.

2. I was hoping that I could download a plugin or other that would turn the box into a true media centre and give me access to a browser so I could access Youtube or even Youp***, and that there would be a plugin for BBCiplayer and others...I have a UK IP address.

3. I also thought there would be a softkey plugin like Techsat's allowing updates over the internet.

4. I think I read somewhere that E2 was now able to open 4.2.2 transmissions, of course I need to move the dish first.

I know going from original firmware to E2 is a learning curve but if anyone can give me a bit of help with plugin's or others to resolve the above issues then my curve won't be as long and I will be extremely grateful.

Thanks in advance,
    James.

Thanks
    2. Load mediaportal online from feed. If you also wish ****o feeds than press menue in mediaportal and select the channels you wish. For download go in plugins and press the green button.

3. menue < Setup < Software management < Software update

4. I think also this image introduce 4:2:2 transmissions.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to zeini For This Useful Post:

jamesjay (16-07-2013)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    does the DVB-T card work on this image? not picking up any channels here (ireland)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by happyhammer View Post
    does the DVB-T card work on this image? not picking up any channels here (ireland)
    forget about it, box hung with this image. went to another E2 image and the DVB-T aint working on that either. Havn't used E2 on the
    azbox in a while so cant remember did the native DVB-T tuner work with E2 anyway or was itr just external USB tuners

Thanks
    Thanks Zeini for taking the time to reply it is greatly appreciated,

Your advice did resolve issue (2) but not the first about the use of a 36v motor I did do a software update and downloaded and installed about 38 updates one of which was an update for the positioner but there are still no options for DiSEqC 1.2.

I am not sure if soft-key issue is resolved either I could open some Irdeto channels on Azbox like ORF Sports+ and Sportdigital by using the Techsat soft-key plugin and still can on a Technomate by updating the keys but can't now on the Azbox.

Maybe I am missing something but until I can move the dish I can't test the 4.2.2 transmissions either.

Thanks again
    James.

Thanks
    AFAIK ENIGMA2 doesnt support DISEQ - only USALS

there is a "workaround" though...
    courtsey of A

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...-setup-enigma2

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ManikM For This Useful Post:

jamesjay (16-07-2013)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ManikM View Post
    AFAIK ENIGMA2 doesnt support DISEQ - only USALS

there is a "workaround" though...
    courtsey of A

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...-setup-enigma2
    Thanks M8, I think that will solve my G-box/DiSEqC 1.2 problem I would never have worked that out although there is a lot of options on the advanced turner page I am not sure about, but I already have a Technomate 6900 setup with my receivable Sat's so at least I will know the correct positioner numbers to store.

It is now just the correct softkey/softcam to use to open Irdeto channels...there seems to be a lot of softcam plugin's but none of them work....do you have any advice on what I should be using although it could be I haven't started the plugin's correctly.

Thanks for your help.
    James

Thanks
    Download hacksat keyupdater in combo with cccam 2.3.0

Thanks
    And then make sure u start it in the menus

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ManikM View Post
    Download hacksat keyupdater in combo with cccam 2.3.0
    Hi ManikM, Thanks for helping me I am not sure what you mean by combo, I have searched for hacksat keyupdater in downloadable plugins and can't find it, I know where the ccCam 2.3.0 is but if I don't have the keyupdater it is no use downloading ccCam.

Given I can't find the keyupdater on my azbox I presume that I have to download the latest version of hacksat keyupdater on my laptop extract the files and then using Filezilla transfer them to the correct locations on the azbox.

Sorry for being a pest I did try E2 many years ago and I can see how things have moved on in leaps and bounds, but not enough for a dimwit like me.

Kind regards
    James.

Thanks
    i just mean cccam enables u to view the constant.cw file - which are where the keys are - even if you dont have a cline!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ManikM For This Useful Post:

jamesjay (18-07-2013)

Thanks
    PS im installing this now on my ASSBOX premium! on the ME, it doesnt include S4tSc4n plugin (blindscan) otherwise it would be a great image!

Thanks
    Hi again ManikM, this didn't work for me, by going to info panel/softcam panel I can see Cam 1 is active 2.3.0 but there is no ECM info and it won't open any softcam channels.

I have even downloaded 2.3.0 on my laptop and extracted the files then using Filezilla copied any corresponding folders and files to the files and folders of the same name then changed the attributes to 755 and that didn't work, although after doing this I got a further plugin called Softcam.tv-key-downloader but if I try to use that to download any keys I get "permission denied".

Obviously I am doing something wrong but I am not sure what it is.

Kind regards,
    James.

Thanks
    Delete all ccCam files you have done to azbox.
    After this start your box again. And now
    menue < Plugins < press green button for Download Plugins < softcams < cccam 2.3.0 < OK-Taste
    Now this cam would be downloaded.

After download put your keys in /usr/keys

Now
    menue < Info Panel < SoftcamPanel < Select Cam1 - here choose your Camd and press green button

18. The Following User Says Thank You to zeini For This Useful Post:

jamesjay (18-07-2013)

Thanks
    Thanks Zeini, so I take it there is no internet key updater for this firmware such as the Techsat one used with AZbox original firmware which is why you have stated "After download put your keys in /usr/keys"

So I need to put my own keys in using Filezilla so ccCam 2.3.0 can see them, if had have know that sooner I would have stopped pestering you and ManikM.

I think I will go back to the none E2 firmware because I can get access to bliss keys quicker and the positioner is less hassle...although E2 looks good I am still not sure the faster channel zapping is more valuable than the easier convenience of opening softkey channels although these channels are few and far between.

Thanks again Zeini and ManikM I am very grateful for your help.

James.

Thanks
    hacksat keydownloader will put latest keys in to usr/keys, and if cccam is started it will use them!
    although i think MGCAMD is better at the moment for opening BISS!
    positioner? do you use usals? that should do it - if not then use the workaround.
    dont use the original FW its crap!!!

Thanks
    Hi ManikM, thanks for bearing with me ccCam is now working...I don't know if doing this solved the issue but using Filezilla I went into ect/usr files and changed the attributes of every file in each folder to 755, then I went back and also changed the attributes of 2 files called password in "ect" to 777 then after reloading ccCam 2.3.0 constant word channels opened.

If you could be so kind as to answer one last question can I run Mgcamd for bliss channels using cam2 and cam1 with softcam key at the same time or will I need to stop one cam first?

Thanks again ManikM and Zeini for your help as long as the "work around" for my 36v motor and G-box is stable then I will stick with E2.

Guys
    James.

Thanks
    mgcamd and cccam cannot be started at the same time i dont think....i could be wrong

try it!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to ManikM For This Useful Post:

jamesjay (22-07-2013)

Thanks
    Now that I have had a mess about with this firmware and made my errors with settings, ect, I would like to make a fresh new install so I can just use the media portal and the softcam but if I try to do this by using Azup 2.2.7 I still get some of the old settings and plugins I don't want, any advice on how to do a completely fresh first time install please.

Kind regards
    James.

Thanks
    Do you have a HDD in your box or on the USB-port? If this is so than deinstall all this devices.
    But on normally installation you can choose to install old settings or not.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to zeini For This Useful Post:

jamesjay (25-07-2013)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast