Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: VU+ Duo2

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phylos View Post
    I'm still wondering whether to replace my DM8000 with one of these. Yes it is faster but does it offer enough features over the Dreambox to be worth upgrading at present? I'm not so sure...
    Hi, that's a great question that's already crossed my mind. I am currently trying to address it in my write up review.
    Last edited by ekko star; 22-07-2013 at 08:49 PM.

Thanks
    The onus to provide warranty is always with the supplying retailer no matter what, since you are so keen to quote UK specific perhaps it would also be wise to actually understand UK law.

The small batch that had been made available is indeed 100% genuine stock distributed by the official Vu+ channel in Germany and fully covered by a hardware guarantee, to suggest anything otherwise would be incorrect.

As this first small batch seems to have sold out in most places already this is kind of academic now but I just felt the point needed to be made to address some of the inaccuracies being branded around.

No doubt all of us that have these on order though and await their arrival still wait in anticipation for what looks to be a great receiver.

Thanks
    The point you are trying to make is academic, applies to a level of one off stock that a few German retailers got a hold of to which you cannot provide any provenance or proof of supply. Such was the demand and desperation for units it is impossible to say where they were sourced from and through what means. At best they could be described as 'grey stock' and if they have found their way into other markets then probably best described as 'grey imports'.

If you have ended up with a voucher from a German retailer then it is best you now contact them directly as your German warranty and contract remains with them. From what I know of current remote stock levels your assumption of redeeming a remote anytime soon or this week is also inaccurate.

Furthermore you appear to be completely ignoring the fact 100% Genuine UK Stock deemed by VU for the UK is only being released this week. Other EU countries will also follow suit respectively including Germany. These units come complete including the genuine Duo2 accessories such as the new remote control.

The sponsor Goldwafers are a longstanding Authorised VU+ reseller of good repute. It goes without saying if you wish to avoid any doubt whatsoever in securing a Genuine UK machine, it's a great place to order from.

I trust this now puts the matter to rest.

Thanks

ES
    Last edited by ekko star; 22-07-2013 at 11:17 PM.

Thanks
    By keep saying the same thing over again does not make it anymore true than the first time it was said and also makes for a fairly pointless discussion especially when in part you are now agreeing on some points and in others that don't suit the agenda completely ignoring their mention. I think members will be well informed enough by now to make up their own minds on what is correct.

Academic now anyway as I already said. Roll on the end of the week.
    Last edited by Lavaman; 23-07-2013 at 05:08 AM.

Thanks
    I'm still wondering whether to replace my DM8000 with one of these. Yes it is faster but does it offer enough features over the Dreambox to be worth upgrading at present? I'm not so sure...
    I suppose it depends on how much you are prepared to spend and which features are important to you. As I spend several months abroad each year I particularly want the streaming feature with adjustable bit rate for my slow upload speed. This is the only box that will do this at present. The wake on LAN feature will be useful for me as well, as I will retain my 8000 as my main box.
    The 8000 has a DVD player which may be important for some, although I fear that dreambox are finished and support will decrease.

Thanks
    I have installed a DVD drive in my DM8000 but I rarely if ever use it (those duties fall to my Oppo BDP-93).

I suspect it's going to be some time until 4k / Ultra HD is widely broadcast in terms of waiting for a next generation box. I'm not sure if Dream Multimedia have anything concrete in the pipeline as regards future boxes.

Perhaps if the Vu+ did 4:2:2 I'd be more tempted.

Thanks
    Yes good point, I wonder what the issues were that prevented 4:2:2, you would think that a manufacturer striving to make the best box available would have included as many facilities as possible. Still I expect people like me who have thrown money at this hobby over the years already have something capable of 4:2:2, I have a media centre with SS2 card gathering dust.

Edit, without wishing to stray off topic I am not sure that DMM have any new boxes planned at all? although there has been an announcement of extra memory in some I think.
    Last edited by crabber; 23-07-2013 at 10:27 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavaman View Post
    By keep saying the same thing over again does not make it anymore true than the first time it was said and also makes for a fairly pointless discussion.
    Indeed, so please stop now trying to justify your comments by trying to confuse the agenda regarding the validity of ‘grey stock’ otherwise. It’s completely pointless and as you say yourself academic, unless of course that is/was your intention to create academic debate or perhaps impatience had simply got the better of you.

At best your comments relate to one-off German retailers that could only have sourced through a ‘grey supply’ channel and onwardly part bundled ‘grey’ stock with old remotes. It is absurd to suggest VU+ or any other mainstream manufacturer would condone launching such a machine bundled with a voucher. In fact I’ve never heard of the manufacturer sanctioning it nor come to think of it any other manufacturer in the history of all satellite receivers who would even consider doing that.

The new remote is an integral part of the machine and your points are inaccurate. There has simply been no Genuine UK stock at all made available nor to any other countries prior to this week and the original post to this thread makes clear as to why such situations arose.

I’m pretty sure the sensible folk that peruse these forums will see (without too much difficulty) the sense and benefit of buying Genuine UK stock through someone like Goldwafers.

Thanks

ES

Thanks
    I think this tennis match over "grey imports" discussion needs to stop now

its been done to death so lets hear no more about it, or the past, whats done is done

any further posts on this disagreement will be deleted

----------------------------------------------------------

members on here are due to receive their new duo2 from UK suppliers very soon now, including goldwafers

all my vu boxes have come from lee at goldwafers and I would recommend that any future purchaser consider goldwafers for their uk based retailer products

you know you are getting the "real deal" from goldwafers , from a company thats been around a long time, and any problems he will sort you out and under the uk laws and trading rules

why anyone would wish to pre-empt this by buying one from germany or mars or the planet klingon or Zog is beyond me !

so leave it now and from now on only discuss the uk version of the duo2 as supplied by UK traders like goldwafers

Thanks
    Perhaps if the Vu+ did 4:2:2 I'd be more tempted.
    Hi Phylos, the DM8000 remains a venerable machine. The VU+ range does however have immense support in both images/plug-ins that is proving difficult to ignore. Both now and going forward.

Whilst the DM8000 is sadly no longer in production support is still plentiful. Not sure if you’re a fan of Peter Pan images but they recently launched Aurora Dreams 3.0 which is perhaps worth a try.

Thanks
    Does anyone know what the issue is with 4:2:2 is it something technical, software or hardware missing or just considered unnecessary?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by crabber View Post
    Does anyone know what the issue is with 4:2:2 is it something technical, software or hardware missing or just considered unnecessary?
    The AZbox had it but sadly only clone versions of these receivers exist, I suppose most manufacturers feel there is not a need for it with the limited channels that actually use it. You can of course still access them via the Duo2 as with any linux Enigma1/2 machine and playback via a PC/Laptop over network

Thanks
    Guys, I will post the Duo2 review here tonight.

I've been waiting on a separate consignment which the postman has kindly just delivered. Having no idea what that was, I can see why now....very, very nice. I'll include pics later.

Thanks

ES

Thanks
    looking forward to it,,,thanks again

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ekko star View Post
    Guys, I will post the Duo2 review here tonight.

I've been waiting on a separate consignment which the postman has kindly just delivered. Having no idea what that was, I can see why now....very, very nice. I'll include pics later.

Thanks

ES
    it would be interesting if you could highlight the less obvious differences between the new box when compared to the Solo2 you've also reviewed sometime ago.

Cheers

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Hey ekko star, these new remotes, i've heard there is no subtitle button on them.

Is this true ??

Thanks
    is the review going to get delayed ? like the release dates?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kota View Post
    it would be interesting if you could highlight the less obvious differences between the new box when compared to the Solo2 you've also reviewed sometime ago.

Cheers
    The Vu+ Duo2 review at linux-tvdotcom has a comparison between Duo2 and Solo2

Banned
    Thanks
    Review & Comparison _http://lin*x-tv.com/receiver/vu-duo2-review/

_http://www.y*utube.com/watch?v=AyGz0wyvfZI#at=25

PS: Mine is not coming today. Postal delivery van has just been and gone :toetap05:

LIVE LINKS REMOVED BY ADMIN - READ THE RULES PLEASE PEOPLE !

Code:
    Links
    No links are to be posted to other commercial satellite retailers other than our site sponsors.
    No http links to any other sites.
    No http links to any other satellite forums.
    No http links to file sites or upload centers.
    [we have no way of knowing if files on other sites are safe for our members]
    No links to items listed on @uction sites (that also includes item numbers)
    No http links of any variety to be displayed in signatures or profiles.
    Last edited by donki; 25-07-2013 at 11:17 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CokeAddict View Post
    Hey ekko star, these new remotes, i've heard there is no subtitle button on them.

Is this true ??
    Yes no dedicated subtitle button

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast