Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: VU+ Duo2

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cosworth4x4 View Post
    in fact it was thanks to those 6 guys that the Ultimo was redesigned before launch .

one was prob who thanked you above , :respect-054: not me
    LOL well i know four of them but the other two have eluded me LOL.

And dont get me wrong i'm not trying to dissuade any one from buying Vu boxes, hell i have 5 my self but it's starting to get annoying to see them go down this current route especially when i know there is a list literally as long as my arm of outstanding issues going all the way back to the Duo. I mean just look at the ultimo, we were all told that half of it's 1 GB ram was being held back for "later use", but now there actually ceasing production of that receiver and still no sign of this "hidden" memory any where.
    Last edited by pheonix; 17-07-2013 at 11:11 PM.

Thanks
    my cock up , just spoke to him :cheers2:

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I'm interested to know what issue's you have heard about with the Duo2 ?

As for the Ultimo's hidden memory i've no idea, and I get why you find it frustrating, but is there anything on the market that can compete with the Solo2 or Duo2 right now ?

Thanks
    There are no huge gaping issues with the Duo2 that i know of but it is very surprising that a new bootloader has been issued in little over a week after it's initial launch to the German market for the wake on lan feature, this is something i firmly believe should have been discovered and rectified prior to launch.

The main thing that surprises me is that the big selling point ( the LCD ) is powered by a thirdparty plugin rather than by drivers and as such uses masses of the boxes processing power to run it ( 10 percent from what i have been told ). I just dont believe the delay is due to a remote control, they managed to release the Uno with the wrong remote and that didnt hold up production so why with this receiver ?.

as for competition, well the closest thing would be the Gigablue Quad which runs the exact same CPU as the solo2 but thats not without it's own issues although it has been on the market for a lot longer than the solo2.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix View Post
    There are no huge gaping issues with the Duo2 that i know of but it is very surprising that a new bootloader has been issued in little over a week after it's initial launch to the German market for the wake on lan feature, this is something i firmly believe should have been discovered and rectified prior to launch.

The main thing that surprises me is that the big selling point ( the LCD ) is powered by a thirdparty plugin rather than by drivers and as such uses masses of the boxes processing power to run it ( 10 percent from what i have been told ). I just dont believe the delay is due to a remote control, they managed to release the Uno with the wrong remote and that didnt hold up production so why with this receiver ?.

as for competition, well the closest thing would be the Gigablue Quad which runs the exact same CPU as the solo2 but thats not without it's own issues although it has been on the market for a lot longer than the solo2.
    I don't see the cfe update as a big deal, but I guess it could be annoying to some, I didn't even know there was a wake on lan feature tbh.

The lcd I guess was just easier to use the plugin thats been out there for a while now, and is probably where there inspiration came from anyway. I doubt in use the cpu is being used that much, but maybe there is a large spike when making changes.

As for the remote, I also heard that the german units are being shipped with the "universal" remotes, and a voucher to claim the new remote when they are avaliable. Maybe the uk distributor wants to wait for the new remotes to arrive, so that A) they don't have to ship out a **** load of remotes later on and B) so that they can keep all the brand new "universal" remotes to sell on seperately at a later date, making them a tidy profit (hey what can I say, i'm a cynic ).

Thanks
    Update: UK stock is due in on Tues 23rd / Weds 24th July

Thanks
    its getting a bit like the lottery , but the odds are better we know its coming so if you keep predicting a date you guaranteed to get it right in the end.

Thanks
    Sorry guys, been a bit thinly spread this week and have not been updating here.

As explained in the opening post bringing such a product to launch involves a huge amount of work and effort. The demand is unprecedented and the situation has been pretty dynamic this week.

Update: Mon 15th July, EU countries were advised to await a further announcement on the 19th July

Update: Friday 19th July, UK release being confirmed as next week. Delivery date Tues 23rd/ Weds 24th July

The Duo2 is the VU+ Flagship and without doubt the machine you've all been waiting for. If you thought the weather has been hot, then wait till you get your hands on this scorcher

It is also somewhat surprising to read here of rumours of Quality control et al? Needless to say you can safely dispel all of that ill-informed nonsense as utter crass.

1st batches will be limited and in order to avoid disappointment please liaise with your Authorised local retailer. Authorised outlets will be issued stock exclusively through the VU+ Official UK Distributor channel.

Goldwafers the forum sponsor is a preferred retailer so if you have pre-ordered you're in good hands. If you haven't, get your orders in now. Lee is a top man :respect-048:

Thanks for your patience guys.

ES
    Last edited by ekko star; 20-07-2013 at 11:41 AM.

Thanks
    Update: Mon 15th July, EU countries were advised to await a further announcement on the 19th July

but its been available in other eu countries before that date.

Thanks
    Can't wait thinking of definately getting one of these.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cosworth4x4 View Post
    Update: but its been available in other eu countries before that date.
    No EU country has had distributed the complete final consumer package before this date. The 'grey' imports have only come supplied with the old remotes, cfe updates etc. It goes without saying the sensible consumer advice has been to await the official route and final consumer machine.

If you have pre-ordered then start contacting your individual retailers with regards your orders this week. I would imagine UK Authorised retailers should now (or at least by tomorrow) have been informed of the Duo2 activity of this coming week.

If you have not pre-ordered already I would suggest that you do so as soon as possible. The demand for this machine is unprecedented across the whole of the EU and it is the only sensible way of securing a machine and avoiding disappointment in future batches.

The VU+ Duo2 is the flagship of the VU range. It really is a high quality receiver and one I am sure not only will you really enjoy but feel privileged to own as well.

In the meantime thanks for all your patience guys.

ES
    Last edited by ekko star; 21-07-2013 at 07:29 PM.

Thanks
    No EU country has had distributed the complete final consumer package

nobody has said they have, but only a remote and a update is not to big a deal .

and aint it a badge on the front .

Thanks
    I dont understand the Complete Final package part why release a product into other EU country's when its not finished, as for the unprecedented demand part i see plenty of online retailers with stock still no wonder with how much it costs. Dont get me wrong it looks like a fantastic bit of Kit and i am sure those who are getting one will love it but for me its way overpriced almost as if Vu have taken over Dream Multimedia's crown so to speak and followed there pricing structure.

I may get one when the UK are out of recession and food banks are a thing of the past

Thanks
    Update : UK shipment is confirmed for Weds 24th.

Please follow up with sponsor Goldwafers from Thursday....
    Last edited by ekko star; 22-07-2013 at 12:26 PM.

Thanks
    Do Goldwafers actually have a physical shop? Is it in Warrington?

Thanks
    I think Lee sells delivery only, but not sure so it may be worth contacting him to check. I have bought enough from him over the years to know that he can be trusted, I have sent payment for a box last week in an effort to be in a good place in the queue for early dispatch.

Thanks
    Goldwafers are a reputable company and Lee is to be trusted and will look after you.

Genuine stock, genuine machines, genuine service. No Grey imports, no missing remotes, no vouchers, no funny business etc etc

100% Genuine UK VU+Duo2

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthrea...to-Mainland-UK
    Last edited by ekko star; 22-07-2013 at 03:30 PM.

Thanks
    So the voucher to claim your remote control that was provided by VU+ themselves is funny business? The remotes on the already released version is not missing, they have simply been provided with the standard VU+ universal remote control which is the owners to keep and a voucher code for the owner to claim their new style remote control when available which is looking like very soon given the main stock is arriving. By all means keep members informed of stock dates etc. (though I'm quite sure Lee is more than capable of this himself as he already has done) but please don't try to tell anyone that the very small amount of stock that has already entered the market is anything but 100% genuine.

Thanks
    I'm still wondering whether to replace my DM8000 with one of these. Yes it is faster but does it offer enough features over the Dreambox to be worth upgrading at present? I'm not so sure...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavaman View Post
    the very small amount of stock that has already entered the market is anything but 100% genuine.
    I'm afraid any stock to which you are referring is simply not genuine UK stock. It never has been. They could be development units, Grey imports or have come through a variety of other colourful sources. Certainly not product destined for these shores through VU+.

If you wish to buy a unit through such means and find a voucher inside which you will have to reclaim from the particular retailer that is entirely up to you and at your own risk. Any warranty will also be with that retailer.

The majority of consumers simply wouldn't and don't find what you are saying acceptable and quite obviously for very good reason.

This is a premium machine from a premium manufacturer. You are paying good money and you expect to get just that - including something as basic as the correct remote inside. Best stick to 100% Genuine UK Machine from the sponsor.
    Last edited by ekko star; 22-07-2013 at 08:51 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast