Thread: Remote control problems

Thanks

Remote control problems

Just experienced non responsive remote control. Batteries were good and the receiver worked fine when controlled with buttons on the front panel.
    First , changed the batteries but still it didnt work, so as a next step I removed the batteries and left it alone for about a minute. The first attempt was only partially successful, when batteries were replaced I could only use it once and the remote went back to non responsive state. On the second attempt I removed the batteries for about 5 minutes. Now remote reset itself properly and works as normal (six hours so far with me using it alot)Thought I would share the information, for anyone who has the same problem in the future. Worth trying to reset the remote before declaring it dead and sending back to the seller for replacement. (which I seriously considered myself at first.)
    Last edited by Roadrunner; 20-06-2013 at 10:39 PM.

Thanks
    Could anyone who still has a 7000 or 9000 series spider along the hd6000 check if its remote works the 6000 please?
    Want to buy a spare remote just in case, but I am having trouble finding the right one. There are loads of remotes out there, but none of them says hd6000. If it did work I would just get the one from 7000/9000 and be done with it. If it doesn`t I guess I will just have to wait for the dedicated one to appear on the market at the later date. Anyone please?
    Ps. Should have checked before flogging my 9000 about a month ago but never thought of that at the time :banghead: All I remember is that my old remote didn`t have a model number on it like the new one.
    Thanks.
    Roadrunner

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    I've also had problems where the remote fails to work with the receiver but the problem was the receiver (Spider 6000) not responding to my remote. I checked my remote using my camera phone and you could see the led flashing. I had to reboot the receiver and all works again. This has happened a few times now.

Thanks
    That was a first thing I did when I had problems (check with a camera), but it was the remote in my case. I did eventualy manage to get it working again, but it got me thinking it would be nice to have a spare just in case it happens again (this time irreperably), hence the question above.
    Regards,
    Roadrunner

Thanks
    Ask for replace from the shop you bought it .

Thanks
    For that the remote would have to be damaged , which it isn`t.
    All I am after is a spare just in case it does get damaged, and I honestly think it would be unfair on my part to ask the seller for a replacement even if it does pack up, knowing how much I am abusing it on daily basis keying all them lines in and zapping excesively. But thank you for your kind reply anyway
    Regards,
    Roadrunner

Thanks
    I know the 7000 and 9000 are interchangeable and that the old sv combo box remote also works on the 7000 and 9000
    if I had a 6000 I would happily test the older remotes on the 6000 for you (maybe a 5000 remote may work?)

I would think that the 7000/9000 remotes would work but I think that some of the keys may be different so cannot guarantee it
    maybe somebody with both new and old boxes can test this out and report back ?

Thanks
    Tried my 9000 remote on the 6000 with no success(it works quite happily on my Mvision270cn if that's helpful to anyone). Regards , colby.