Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: finlana 3d tv a warning

V.I.P
    Thanks
    I think Phillips, when they were based in Holland made a lot of their own components such as capacitors and resistors, way before ICs were becoming common place. I know their CRT tubes were manufactured in the UK at a factory not many miles from me by a company called Mallards. These days mass production keeps costs down so I imagine all the manufacturers will just put out to tender between the few component manufacturers left, that they need x number of chips that are to such and such specification as each company cant afford to have their own factory just making ICs for their own equipment.

Thanks
    Panasonic, Sony and Samsung still make their own TVs. Most other brands on the market are made by Vestel in Turkey (including Toshiba).
    Last edited by bulmers; 06-06-2013 at 04:46 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
    I think Phillips, when they were based in Holland made a lot of their own components such as capacitors and resistors, way before ICs were becoming common place. I know their CRT tubes were manufactured in the UK at a factory not many miles from me by a company called Mallards. These days mass production keeps costs down so I imagine all the manufacturers will just put out to tender between the few component manufacturers left, that they need x number of chips that are to such and such specification as each company cant afford to have their own factory just making ICs for their own equipment.
    Mullards

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Slip of the finger or brain Scally, thanks for that

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    there is a lot of label branding that goes on, even among the "big boys"

I own several "sony" hxd dvd/hdd recorders , which were actually made by pioneer but given a sony branding
    when pioneer stopped making them sony switched to rebadging inferior boxes made and marketed by samsung (the sony DC range)

I am not even sure that sony actually make all of their own badged tv,s and the above details on the hxd and dc recorders reflect this
    i do know the HXD range are superb recorders and players so have a few as the only real alternative are the panasonic ones

I prefer "top brand" names and have sony and toshiba tv,s but wouldnt rule out samsung or panasonic if I was buying again

6. The Following User Says Thank You to echelon For This Useful Post:

manic01 (07-06-2013)

Thanks
    yeah and Toshiba used a Philips Tube in my old 42" & it went Kaput [after 12years]

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by williamtell View Post
    yeah and Toshiba used a Philips Tube in my old 42" & it went Kaput [after 12years]
    I was always changing philips tubes under warranty.

Sent using sorcery and the magic interwebs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12