Thread: NFI, MeoBoot, Universe Expansion Q's

Verified Registered User
    Thanks

NFI, MeoBoot, Universe Expansion Q's

Hi,

I wonder if somebody can please kindly point me in the right direction about what-uses are for NFI (Backup-Flash etc.), MeoBoot, Teleportation (Universe Expansion) - running Vu Ultimo BH2.02 receiver.

Many thanks in advance for all your help.

With kind regards.

Thanks
    To the best of my scant knowledge NFI is a plugin which helps with the management of backups.
    Meoboot is a manager for configuring multi image boot systems. I have not used either NFI or Meoboot but a quick search on Google brought up lots of info.
    Universes is a feature of the latest versions of the Blackhole Image. It allows the creation of 3 additional 'universes' as well as the base universe. This is like creating additional user profiles in windows.
    The universe concept can be very useful if you want to do a lot of testing and changes. If you switch from the master universe to one of the 3 additional then changes made in any of those 3 do not effect the Master universe. This allows a clean base master universe to be maintained so if you do something silly you always have a clean base to return to. It can also be used by different users so that each person can customise their own universe with skins etc etc. I think pin numbers can be added to each universe to control access.

I'm sure there are lots of people who know a lot more than me about these features and if i have stated something wrong please correct.

VU+ ULTIMO, 1.2M 36v Motorised Visiosat, VBox III, Invacom C120 Quad LNB, Visiosat Feedhorn
    Blackhole v2.0.1 also HTPC with Skystar HD2.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to casper2 For This Useful Post:

nsharma (16-05-2013)