Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Samsung UE55ES6800 55" 3D Smart TV any good?

Thanks
    I've got a ue40es8000 and HWE350 sound bar, without it the sound sucks, it's just impossible to get a decent sound from backward facing speakers that are fitted into such a slim device, don't get me wrong the soundbar ain't the best out there and has it's own issues but is a vast improvement over the inbuilt speakers.

Thanks
    Well i bought a Samsung 55" 8000s and did work well for the first month and only last week had to send back to "KNOW HOW" because the Wireless and Wired Internet wouldn't work anymore.
    So i spent nearly £3000.00 for something that does not work adequately . Now they say they would bring back this Monday but if it works properly or not i will not know until then.
    Bought from a well known retailer's (kurries)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by donki View Post
    Super Sunday in 3D is the dogz.

If you get Passive 3D you get more glasses, they are lighter and thus easier to bare, they are cheaper and they don't need batteries. Having compared both technologies I personally think Passive has the edge as do most enthusiasts.

I have a 55" LG and it's stunning. Only downside with 3D is there is not enough of it but what there is, is well worth a look! I don't think much of the 2D to 3D option either as it could actually be much better than it is.

....and no a 55" screen is NOT too big! I sit about 5 feet away from mine and it awesome!
    Passive 3D is good for anything that's not fast moving. I have a 42 inch LED Finlux that came with 8 pairs of passive glasses and I thought it was quite good for both 2D and 3D although for 3D you really want to go a lot bigger than 42 or even 60 inches to really experience it at its best. People who say 3D is just a gimmick have either watched it on a too small a display or one that's too poor or had crap content or had problems with their eyes.
    I rarely watch 3D on the TV as I like to watch that on my 84 inch diagonal screen from my DLP 3D Optoma projector which uses active shutter glasses. They're no as comfortable and are more expensive than the passive ones but the difference in 3D is worth it especially for anything with fast motion in it. I have never seen any crosstalk when watching from my projector as I have done with my Finlux and every other TV whether plasma or LCD or LED with passive or active glasses and obviously any motion blur, which Plasma and LED/LCD TVs cant handle as well as CRT used to do, is magnified wen watching in 3D. I noticed this recently when watching a SCI FI film in 3D on my TV, I cant remember which one but fast movement scenes in it was so bad I stopped watching it and watched it on the projector instead where I didn't detect any motion blur at all.
    Watching things like Meerkats in 3D or animated stuff is fine on the TV but for anything else it has to be on the projector for me.
    Last edited by Sandra; 13-04-2013 at 04:12 PM.

Thanks
    Just need to convince the wife.
    That won't be easy.

Not bothered about sound quality as I do have a 5.1 Dolby digital sound system.

dog-man

Thanks
    Check the Samsung UE55ES6800 M8. It's almost the same spec as the ES8000, the only difference appears to be that the ES8000 has voice and motion control which the 6800 doesn't. I don't really use that, don't think it's necessary. So you could find that the 6800 is a bit cheaper. I saw the 6800 for £1300 with a 5 year warranty.

The F series are out as someone mentioned and the difference there as opposed to the E8000's is a quad processor in the F series and a dual processor in the E series. The F series are expensive ATM.

Thanks
    It is the 6800 I am referring to.

I can get it for £1060.

dog-man

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dog-man View Post
    It is the 6800 I am referring to.

I can get it for £1060.

dog-man
    Doh! sorry m8, I thought it was the 8000. Never mind go ahead.

Thanks
    Got to convince she who must be obeyed first!

dog-man

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher View Post
    Check the Samsung UE55ES6800 M8. It's almost the same spec as the ES8000, the only difference appears to be that the ES8000 has voice and motion control which the 6800 doesn't. I don't really use that, don't think it's necessary. So you could find that the 6800 is a bit cheaper. I saw the 6800 for £1300 with a 5 year warranty.

The F series are out as someone mentioned and the difference there as opposed to the E8000's is a quad processor in the F series and a dual processor in the E series. The F series are expensive ATM.
    Most people who know about AV stuff tend to turn all the so called "enhancements" off as they tend to introduce more problems than they cure.
    You definitely need to turn the colour and brightness down and adjust the contrast when you get the TV out of the box as they usually come set up for showing in a store in very bright conditions.

Thanks
    -ttp://www.costco.co.uk/view/product/uk_catalog/cos_1,cos_1.1,cos_1.1.1/150587

Try this 55inch instead and forget passive or active glasses.

Thanks
    I think it will be a few years before I can afford one of those, but yes, I would prefer glassless 3D TV.

dog-man

Thanks
    It seems that I am the only person in my family who is interested in 3D tv, so sadly it is unlikely I will be getting one.

I am surprised that my children have no interest in it.

dog-man

Thanks
    It seems that I am the only person in my family who is interested in 3D tv, so sadly it is unlikely I will be getting one.

I am surprised that my children have no interest in it.

dog-man
    Maybe you could lower your sights a bit M8 and get one for a bit less. I haven't researched this but I bet most affordable TVs will have 3D capability. So if it's there you can use it when you are on your own and the others need not. If you personally like 3D that will be the way to go. I did that for me and watch stuff if I'm about on my own because SWMBO is not bothered about 3D in the least. She would be happy with 1D in black and white.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Dreamcatcher For This Useful Post:

dog-man (21-04-2013)

Thanks
    It might help if there were more 3D channels with English soundtracks, but I can only think of two.
    Sly UK & Sly Germany.

dog-man

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    3d is just a gimmick for those with more money then sense and didnt even score in the top 5 for promoting tv,s in the cebit show etc
    I have worn "glasses" ever since primary school and cannot see any sense in wearing them unless you have to like I have done
    not only that its a scientific fact that not everybody can "see" this 3d effect anyway
    I for one dont want to wear 2 sets of glasses just to get a 3d effect and I am quite happy with the modern 2D effect anyway and prefer the high-def aspect instead

I liken the die-hards to those that go on about sound systems that cost a few grand and how they have to justify the expense, how they justify vinyl through expensive speakers and the guff they talk about when it comes to the various high-tech sounding names they put to the noise and signals and wow and flutter and myriad other thesis sounding guff they peddle when wanting to sound out as the one-upmanship brigade like you see on some forums like av forums

load of nonsense in my book

ie:- hdtv is of more interest to me , as would be internet connectivity, like inbuilt ondemand or catch-up tv etc

one of the best "gimmicks" of the last few years has been HDTV and I rarely watch SD tv any more

gone are the old vcr noise bars and wavy lines and grainy pictures that we had not 10 years ago and good riddance I say !

I might consider the tv,s in this thread for the picture quality, built in HD freeview , ethernet connectivity, ondemand and various other aspects, and if it had 3d I wouldnt discount it, but it wouldnt feature on my "must-have list" either

Thanks
    I have a top of the range Samsung and it has 3D by default but I've never watched it. Couldn't get it without it. But if anyone buys it for the smart TV capability, it's weak. Slow processing, 'loses' its layout, ***bersome updates and their own bluetooth keyboard is rubbish. Only 3 HDMI connections instead of 4 on the previous model. Silly. Good HD and other stuff but there must be cheaper as good out there.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Dreamcatcher For This Useful Post:

echelon (21-04-2013)

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by echelon View Post
    3d is just a gimmick for those with more money then sense and didnt even score in the top 5 for promoting tv,s in the cebit show etc
    I posted earlier about my 3D TV and projector and neither cost as much as many will have paid for a 2D TV that doesn't perform as well as my projector and will have a much smaller screen.
    I watched the Bahrain F1 in 2D on the projector which looked really good on my 84 inch screen followed by Dredd in 3D then the Texas MotoGP in 2D then John Carter in 3D.
    Ok the films weren't great stories but the effects in 3D made them worth watching.

3D isn't a gimmick its an enhancement and these days not an expensive one

Thanks
    Thanked 9,112 Times in 4,411 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra View Post
    I posted earlier about my 3D TV and projector and neither cost as much as many will have paid for a 2D TV that doesn't perform as well as my projector and will have a much smaller screen.
    I watched the Bahrain F1 in 2D on the projector which looked really good on my 84 inch screen followed by Dredd in 3D then the Texas MotoGP in 2D then John Carter in 3D.
    Ok the films weren't great stories but the effects in 3D made them worth watching.

3D isn't a gimmick its an enhancement and these days not an expensive one
    and I posted this earlier

Quote Originally Posted by echelon View Post

3d is just a gimmick for those with more money then sense
    I have worn "glasses" ever since primary school and cannot see any sense in wearing them unless you have to like I have done

I liken the die-hards to those that go on about sound systems that cost a few grand and how they have to justify the expense, how they justify vinyl through expensive speakers and the guff they talk about when it comes to the various high-tech sounding names they put to the noise and signals and wow and flutter and myriad other thesis sounding guff they peddle when wanting to sound out as the one-upmanship brigade like you see on some forums like av forums

load of nonsense in my book
    so it sounds more like boasting and one-upmanship to me , more like a p***ing contest as to who has the biggest and can p*** the farthest

so its still a load of nonsense in my book and the sort of guff I expect to hear from people like "ginger media" evans with his big house and ferrari`s etc

Thanks
    Not many 3D broadcasts available to utilise the equipment though!

That must be holding back the sales of 3D televisions.

dog-

22. The Following User Says Thank You to dog-man For This Useful Post:

echelon (23-04-2013)

Thanks
    Not many 3D broadcasts available to utilise the equipment though!

That must be holding back the sales of 3D televisions.

dog-
    Not holding back sales M8. Stats show that people are just not interested in 3D TV. As I said before if its in a particular TV which you like and you buy then so be it. If you can get the same TV without 3D, for less money, I'd go for that. It's like the sat hobby - there's a specific set of people who love it and spend money on it. But 7 million Sly subscribers wouldn't know what you are on about. There's a set of people who really want and appear to love 3D but they are in the minority. I don't think its one-upmanship at all because 3D is as cheap as chips in ordinary TVs. Now if people spend over £5k on glasses - free 3D then that is in the ginger Chris area.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Dreamcatcher For This Useful Post:

echelon (23-04-2013)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast