Thread: HD Movie Player/IPTV Player

Thanks

HD Movie Player/IPTV Player

I just bought a Raspberry Pi and set it up as an XBMC HD movie player and IP (catchuptv) player.
    Unlike my Xbox 360 which had lots of issues playing movies, this seems to play all formats without any problem. Also setup is BBC Iplayer, ITV Player, 4OD and CH5 catchup player - all working fine.

cost of setup was about £40 in total.

by the way I know its based on a linux minipc but I thought this post topic was more relevant than the linux forum category.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joany For This Useful Post:

manic01 (07-04-2013), waverider (17-04-2013)

Verified Registered User
    Thanks
    excellent little machines, now couple it with a tv server / mediaportal / tv-headend / mythtv /

mediaportals my preffered option (simplicity of a windows install) this is the backend where the tv tuners are located i have 2 dual tuner dvb-s2. The server has full epg up-to 2 weeks in advance full series linking access to all catchup like Iplayer/CH4 OD... groups recordings + dloaded material in the correct folders with fan art and episode synopsis ect.... all regionaly grouped in the original sky line up.

with 4 tuners i can stream multiple chnls throughut the house to any XBMC enabled device with full epg on each device access to recordings and shared network drive with dloaded content, have outside access from the internet to schedules and can also record from the web interface... ive also seen plugins to use vuo or dreambox as tuners/frontends but havent tried this yet, as my ultimate goal is a box free house... all networked from master server.... not quite there yet but nearly.... just need to get the kid to ditch her bedroom box

ETA

shouldve also said all windows devices laptops mainly run the mediaportal client this allows the client ends use of the tuer recordings database ect on the server machine.

and yes bfore someone asks new-c-a-m-d is supported not natively but through easily installed plugins....
    Last edited by kooozy; 10-04-2013 at 05:01 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kooozy For This Useful Post:

joany (10-04-2013)