Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New software for icecrypt 4000 ?

Thanks

New software for icecrypt 4000 ?

New on the site

Thanks
    I'ts de 1.11.30 on the site of icecrypt.i install the new one and still frezee on changeing chanell ans so on.

Thanks
    I remember that approx 2 years ago, there was not freezing on changing channel. Does anybody remember the old one version number? Maybe its time to deep downgrade our S4000?

Thanks
    I've installed this played about with it for an hour or so can't really see any difference but at least it doesn't seem to be a causing any new problems.

Time will tell wether or not it is a real improvement.

Thanks
    Still stable and happy i have a decent epg.

Thanks
    Will be the modify (forum version) available soon?

Thanks
    I'd love to know what they actually fix within these releases. The ONLY thing that they have done is change the icon menu to the previous scroll method. Everything else is exactly the same (crashes, freezes, channel changing take even longer; you get the message). It seems they only rolled out this firmware to keep the general public off their backs.

Back to my trusted dream.

Just ONE, only ONE fully working/stable firmware is all that we ask!!

Quote Originally Posted by happyme View Post
    Still stable and happy i have a decent epg.
    Epg same as before; populates and loses sypnosis within couple of hours leaving you with now and next.
    Direct recording (pressing record whilst watching) stores incorrect program sypnosis (for following program).

Thanks
    I second that !! just want ONE working firmware , just one in over 3 years of the lazy t**** doing little or nothing for their money

I have a good mind to install the openbox firmware

Thanks
    'Thirded' from me.

I cant answer my own question, (because I just don't know). 'Why o why do we persevere with these box's'.

I feel like Icecrypt is an anagram for something that we should have all been let in on, years ago !.

Thanks
    I hate to say it but stepping over to another resellers firmware like octagon, openbox or atevio won't change anything, all firmwares are the same... (apart from colors in the layout and the boot screen)
    Only solution is 3th party software...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JaapS View Post
    I hate to say it but stepping over to another resellers firmware like octagon, openbox or atevio won't change anything, all firmwares are the same... (apart from colors in the layout and the boot screen)
    Only solution is 3th party software...
    well, given they have had several years to come up with a decent firmware and failed miserably, I think its about time members decided which of these 3rd party ones is best for the s4000 , and which plugins and bootloader etc, and we try and stick with them

I dont mind if they are posted on here with the info required, lets just have something decent to put on that works as the c**p coming from korea never does and never will as they spend more time on holiday then they do sorting this out

if I were l*rd mcalp*ne I would take these importers and resellers to court and make them pay heavily for peddling these boxes with no decent firmware to go with them

as was said about fergie "the silence speaks volumes!"

so if I ever win the lottery I am going to employ the same lawyers mcalp*ne does and get some injunctions out against them all to stop anyone profiteering from icecrypts or I will employ DEXTER when he has finished with the ice truck killer and travis etc

Thanks
    @echelon

Somehow I get the feeling your patience has come to an end... ;-)

But (and I wrote that before) for most Central European viewers the box functions well, most hurt are the UK viewers since not using a decent cam ruins skyUK HD and the lack of decent EPG.
    In Holland, Germany and Eastern Europe other crypting systems and epg is used so for me the only minor things are an occasional 5sec picture freeze with timeshift or recording. (also other boxes like dream do have occasional glitches, there not holy either...)

Maybe it is a plan to start a dedicated threat for non-stock firmware with certain guidelines since the information is currently scattered on the forum.

Structured posts with:
    - used software and download location.
    - installation instructions.
    - detailed review of the software including general speed, cams, time shift, recordings etc.
    - maybe some screenshots?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by echelon View Post
    I will employ DEXTER when he has finished with the ice truck killer and travis etc
    Lol. Dex may have a hard time though due to the Koreans always being away on holidays.

@JaapS
    The difference between the dreams and the ice is night and day (I vouch for that). They may glitch occasionally but majority of the time the box is left running 'as is' for you to have a pleasure in viewing. With the ice your scared to even change a channel in case of it having a fit and requiring a reboot. In all honesty; who can honestly say they have used an ice for an entire day without any worries or issues with the box.

I totally understand that these boxes work very well in Europe but the same boxes are also sold over here in the UK with such a fancy detailed list of the 'so called' features of the ice's. So in reality you can understand the frustration of the general public when they opt to purchase a 'premium' box with a premium price tag than the so-called 'cheap' boxes but yet these 'cheap' boxes have a firmware released once/twice a month to rectify bugs or issues and our beloved ice's once every 2-3months with just an icon facelift and more user nightmares.

V.I.P
    Thanks
    Re Post 3
    I have reverted to f/w 1.10.32 some time ago until they (hopefully) sort out some decent stable f/w.

At least it has a 7 day EPG which requires loading manually but has the programme synopsis for the week. It is also possible to load so that it retains
    the EPG and synopsis even after a reboot. Some of the recent plugins might not run. Experiment with some older versions.

Good Luck!!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by buck401 View Post
    Re Post 3
    I have reverted to f/w 1.10.32 some time ago until they (hopefully) sort out some decent stable f/w.

At least it has a 7 day EPG which requires loading manually but has the programme synopsis for the week. It is also possible to load so that it retains
    the EPG and synopsis even after a reboot. Some of the recent plugins might not run. Experiment with some older versions.

Good Luck!!
    same here , I have that exact same firmware on mine

as for talking about previous posts, I have mentioned on numerous occasions problems with HD channels, not only slyUK but freesat ones

typically I have mentioned bad or glitching pictures deteriorating to a coloured frozen screen on channels like bbc1HD , bbcHD , itv1HD granada , c4HD

these are NOT slyUK channels despite what people may think , they are free to air FREESAT channels and so do not depend on any "plugins" to work. I have never had this on any other box plugged into the same cables and that includes the vu duo that sits there now

I have never had problems on SD channels, either fta or using a c line or n line , on the s4000 or any other box either

I got so sick of waiting I bought a duo, and believe me all the images produced for it are better than the ones for this s4000 , until now anyway

all they had to do was fix 1.10.32 to improve its abilities but they have gone backwards since then with little or no development work on the image or the plugins

Thanks
    all they had to do was fix 1.10.32 to improve its abilities but they have gone backwards since then with little or no development work on the image or the plugins
    Ditto. Exactly what i've been saying previously on their failed firmware releases. I honestly think they've just lost interest & roll out a firmware every couple of months either when the sales are down or to keep us off their backs.

Thanks
    I was watching tv with timeshift on. I had started reading my tablet when the Icecrypt STC4000 & 6000 had suddenly froze( I have both units).
    JAAPS say it's an "occasional 5sec picture freeze with timeshift or recording.", but it was more like 10 minutes.
    Yes, I continued reading my tablet through the picture freeze and it took more like 10 minutes or more.

Synopsis don't work. Sooooo many crashes...and each crash compromises the EPG integrity- which is Crap to start with.
    I can't even get simple basics to work, like Rewind or fast forward of external media.
    Like I said previously- Firmware developed by Hackers...

No Hope. This device has consumed my life.
    Last edited by Funchalinho; 08-03-2013 at 03:32 PM.

Thanks
    I tried my ice s4000 yesterday as I have been setting up a few of my boxes recently (solo2 , duo , dm800 clone) and decided to drag it back out and check it

it has 1.10.32 firmware on it, and I still get the glitching and freezing screens etc on HD channels

xcam worked with a c line on c5HD but would cut out after a few minutes needing a channel change to fix it (same c line works ok on another box) it also did the same on an SD channel too

tried oscam and the c line would work but had various troubles like the above

I gave up before I lost my temper and its unplugged again and stuck back in the cupboard

be better off giving the software job to the north koreans !!! even kim jjong iil could do better (and he is no longer alive)

Thanks
    decided to drag it back out and check it
    I gave up before I lost my temper and its unplugged again and stuck back in the cupboard
    I feel yr pain. These are the EXACT steps I also took. Have been using my dream clone, openbox and ggg ever since.
    Boy I don't know how they can charge stupid prices for this heap of junk.

Thanks
    so, it seems clear to me that they have dropped support for the S4000 completely

in which case has anybody sussed out a viable alternative software we can use on this box ?

like making it similar to the amiko alien or whatever ?

or an E2 alternative that works in a similar fashion to edg nemesis or vix or blackhole ?

or maybe an openbox or oktagon equivalent ?

surely there must be a firmware that works properly on this box ?

I see the s3600 seems to have a working E2 HDMU according to other posts on here , so anything like that for our S4000 boxes ?

any info or uploads or tutorials gratefully received

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast